Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 30-03-2021, 05:44 PM
Pathfinder

Feeling worse than ever after starting daily breathwork

I started doing breathwork every morning 4 days ago. I was feeling amazing yesterday, better than I had in years but by the nighttime some things triggered me and I been feeling really bad. Today its even worse. Everything just seems messed up and ****, Im really angry and sad. I been thinking violent thoughts which isnt normal for me. I would like to believe this is evidence that the breathwork is working.

I been feeling anger towards everyone around me, theyre unknowingly pushing all my buttons. Theyre like putting it up in my face so I cant ignore all these unhealed parts of myself. When you're uprooting trapped emotions like this, does there always have to be a trigger in the external world?
Old 30-03-2021, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlignedWithTheHeart
I started doing breathwork every morning 4 days ago. I was feeling amazing yesterday, better than I had in years but by the nighttime some things triggered me and I been feeling really bad. Today its even worse. Everything just seems messed up and ****, Im really angry and sad. I been thinking violent thoughts which isnt normal for me. I would like to believe this is evidence that the breathwork is working.

I been feeling anger towards everyone around me, theyre unknowingly pushing all my buttons. Theyre like putting it up in my face so I cant ignore all these unhealed parts of myself. When you're uprooting trapped emotions like this, does there always have to be a trigger in the external world?

As long as your doing want you love, that's all the matters. Focus on all the things you love and forget about the hate. Love is all that matters. Praises to Goddess the most high. You are appreciated. Amen
Old 06-04-2021, 11:14 PM
Knower

It does seem to be working. You seem to have opened a gate to self development. When the student is ready, as they say

While unpleasant, anger and sadness powerful and important emotions. Sadness is an indicator that you have been wronged. And anger is what allows us to set boundaries when a line has been crossed. I know it probably feels like the anger is out of your control right now... but honor that you are feeling it. It needed to be acknowledged by you. When it is acknowledged, it can let go. It no longer needs to fight for your attention.

I would also write down anything you can connect to this anger and sadness. Who are you angry at, and what are they doing that is triggering it?

Write it all down, whatever comes to mind, as many as come to mind. Then you can release each one with next rounds of breathwork, shadow work, or whatever process you like.

To answer your question more directly, I do feel that triggers in the external world are usually what make me aware of the internal. It doesn't have to work that way, though. But as the external is a reflection of the internal, it's just as good that way.

The best part is, once you release the anger... those things that are triggering you start going away too. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)
Old 07-04-2021, 12:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlignedWithTheHeart

I guess who taught you do that, told you what to expect, and if it is appropriate in your case. Otherwise you wouldn't have done it, did you?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:14 AM
Pathfinder

Good reply txsha, I totally agree. The only thing I would add is that the breathwork is doing its job and bringing up in you what's just below the surface and needs to be healed and integrated. Anger comes from not getting something you wanted so while fully feeling the anger, ask yourself 'what was it I want or wanted and didn't get?'. This will lead you to the wanting behind the anger and to the deeper feeling and need which lies at its core, which is good and true.

Anger is not really a feeling, its an emotion or reaction, but fully experiencing the anger (with a pillow or something not a person) will lead you to the underlying feeling. When we are in feeling we will automatically breath fully again.