Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Master
I have lots of Tarot decks, so some time ago I took and old Rider-Wait Tarot deck I had and glued the major arcana to a white piece of cardboard. The cardboard measured 20-inches by 20-inches (0.508-meters by 0.508-meters), to make the Tarot Tablet displayed in my previous post. This was the second Tarot Tablet that I made, the first was back when I was first learning about it. Keys 1 thru 7, depict principles, keys 8 thru 14 depict agencies through which those principles work, and keys 15 through 21, depict conditions that those agencies work on.

If you concentrate daily on the Tarot Tablet it has the ability to transform you for the better. When you concentrate on it you are taking in the symbolism of the entire Major Arcana all at once. But it is also helpful to learn the Seven Stages as depicted in the tablet. Each stage has a practical application and they all build on each other. As you pass through the seven stages nothing will be added to your present equipment. Although powers already in the depths of your being may be expressed. Hidden potencies may become manifested abilities. What is in you will come out. Therefore we say “unfoldment” and not “attainment.”

The First Stage (Key-1, Key-8, and Key-15):

Spiritual unfoldment means releasing latent potencies that now may be bound up or involved in particular limitations of name and form, which may constitute your personality at its current stage of evolution.

Key-1, The Magician, works through Key-8, Strength, onto Key-15, The Devil. The essence of Key-1 is ATTENTION, which I have already covered, Key-8, Strength, takes us back to nature, a contrast with Key-7. The symbolism in Key-8 is related to the serpent, or what some call the “serpent energy,” kundalini, etc. Commonly the serpent has been associated with evil, largely due to the Adam and Eve story. But here they are talking about energy that is coiled up within you. That energy has wavy motion and is spiral. Therefore it is associated with a snake. This energy is the instrument of liberation when it is used correctly.

It is the agency for our attention. How we use our attention has a direct effect on our serpent energy. Amazing how the symbolism of the serpent energy works on conditions bought about by Key-15, The Devil, when many think that the serpent is the devil. I have a little more I want to say about Key-8, then I will move to Key-15, then summarize the three cards together. You can contemplate these three cards by themselves, and take notes on what comes to you in your contemplation. The woman in Key-8 is another version of the High Priestess, The Empress, and the female in Key-6.

In the Rider-Wait deck, the woman in Key-8 wears a white garment similar to The Magician, and has over her head the same horizontal figure eight as The Magician. The symbol of infinity, which denotes that Key-1 and Key-8 are about endless activity. The serpent power within us is and actual force which we employ everyday. Learning how to work efficiently with this power is part of the daily work for students of Ageless Wisdom. One method to control it is to establish a clear perception that all the various forms of physical existence are merely transformations of this one energy. This is the energy that transforms everything, including you.

Everything in this world is but a disguise for the one thing. The essential nature of the one thing is spirit. The secret of change is in the serpent energy. It is important not to have anxiety when working with the serpent energy, a way of doing this is to identify your efforts with the One Spirit. Perception from The Magician works on the serpent energy. Do not get caught up in results. Ask for guidance from within yourself, and approach this not in a mechanized way but in a solemn way, with humility. As king of beasts, the lion in Key-8 is symbolic of the highest form of development in the kingdoms of nature. Key-8, Strength, shows what occurs when cosmic fire is controlled by self-conscious acts of attention.

Key-15, The Devil, is the condition that is changed when attention/concentration effectively works through Key-8. In Key-15 the background is dark, symbolizing ignorance. The central figure is and androgyne goat having the wings of a bat, the arms and hands of a man, and the legs and feet of and eagle. Key-15 is all about limitation and appearances. This devil seems to be saying, “what is visible, what can be grasped by the senses, is all there is.” This is the basic fallacy of materialism. The Devil, Key-15, is a symbol of bondage to appearances.

All forces are phases of the One Force, each having a distinct peculiarity of its own. The One Force may be viewed as electricity which may be specialized in and through appropriate instruments, or manifestations. The devil in Key-15, has a reversed pentagram over its head, the reverse pentagram is often a sign used by devil worshippers. The secret is to get that pentagram turned upright. You can make the sign of an upright pentagram with your hand, this information is online, and it could be used for banishing entities, or situations, or drawing near to you entities or situations. Its’ a very simple technique, which I’ve said can be found online. The upright pentagram was in ancient times embraced as a Christian symbol.

Key-15 has the attribute of mirth, and incongruity is often the basis of mirth. We laugh at that which is out of place. We may also laugh when we realize our own ignorance. One of the healthiest things we can do is to laugh at ourselves. When things look like the devil, laughter puts us more quickly in the right mood to find a solution. The entire Key-15 is related to outward appearances. Appearances deceive when we take them at face value. Learn to laugh at appearances, laugh at the notion of the devil. The most effective resistance to error is ridicule. One has only to look at Key-15 to see the assemblage of incongruities that are ridiculous. Whenever we look at the world of appearances we see duality. Yet, it can be a wonderful experience to look upon and know how to enjoy the phantasmagoria of outward appearances. The troubles people have are mostly due to a mistaken belief that the way things look is the way reality actually is. The wisdom doctrines say that the author of this cosmic comedy-drama, which we live in here on earth, lives in and through all of the actors created. Not some far away God, but and indwelling presence. Never are we closer to God when we play and laugh.

Summary:

Attention (Key-1), or more accurately concentration, gains strength (Key-8), to work through appearances (Key-15). Contemplate these three keys and see how they work on each other. The First Stage of Spiritual Unfoldment begins with our attention which has a direct effect on us and our surroundings.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Master
Quoting Dion Fortune on The Mystical Qabbalah; “In the Qabalistic tradition a student is given symbols to contemplate which will incubate till they hatch in his mind, rather than explicit instruction which would convey nothing to the student.”

It is very important to actually look at the cards, and as time goes by, try to visualize each card of the Major Arcana, one at a time, in your mind with your eyes closed. If you can internalize these cards, their symbolism will work on your subconscious much quicker to bring about transformations in you and your life. Try to get the detailed image of a single card, with all of its colors and symbols, in your imagination, and hold it there as long as you can, which is usually at first only a number of seconds for most people.

But if you practice doing it over and over, the length of time will increase, you will be building your attention to details, developing your creative imagination, and over time you can animate a card in your mind, and have the Tarot card in your mind do what you have learned it is capable of doing. This will be a powerful suggestion to your sub-conscious. Symbols are to the mind what tools are to the hand. Advanced students of mysticism think very clearly in detailed symbols. The veils that we must pierce correspond to human limitations not cosmic conditions. The mind grows from what it feeds upon.

The Second Stage (Key-2, Key-9, and Key-16):

Key-2, The High Priestess, dominant esoteric attribute is memory, as previously covered in this thread. The agency for Key-2 is Key-9, The Hermit. Multiply any number by nine and the result of the digits will always add to nine. The number nine represents the conclusion, and then you start all over again with zero, then one, like ten, eleven, etc. Nine is really a zero with a tail, the number one with a zero on the top left side. The Hermit is on a mountain top, similar to The Fool, Key-0, but The Fool is looking up while The Hermit is looking down, as if surveying a path leading upward from the depths that he has climbed.

Solitude, but not loneliness, is pictured by Key-9. Superiority too, because The Hermit is on a high peak, and his beard, like The Emperor, symbolizes experience. The number nine typifies completion, and completion applies to human life in the acquiring of adeptship and mastery. Key-9 is the Tarot symbol of the perfected state of human consciousness. This perfected state is one of conscious union with the One Self. This is what the rays of his lantern signify. Every man and woman on this planet is connected with the One Self by a ray of cosmic light. None of us lives or moves but by this power. The supreme consciousness attainment is the realization, and identification, that the One Self, is also the Only Self. The paths of human attainment are different, yet at their heights they all meet in the same one place.

Key-9 is about adeptship and prophesy. Prophesy is not merely about predictions, a genuine prophet is one who knows their vision is true because it is founded on the accurate understanding of principles. The Hermit stands alone. The name of this card connects with the Hebrew noun “Yekhidah,” meaning the single and indivisible; just as the word “Atman“ means the same thing in Sanskrit. Yekhidah is seated on The Tree of Life in The Crown, Kether. The Hermit, therefore, is a representative of the ancient of days, or the One Identity. An adept often cannot share their knowledge with others who do not comprehend, therefore they stand alone. Their aloneness is not out of pride or ego; the aloneness of a sage is much different than the aloneness of ordinary people.

A sage has continual companionship with the One Self, unbroken awareness of union with the One. The Hermit is the agency for The High Priestess. It responds to sub-consciousness in bringing about responses to our development. The attribute of Key-9 is “response.” Personality is the mask of the One identity. We all go through states of mind, and many may think their motives are purely personal, but states of mind come from habitual sub-conscious patterns. All personal action is derived, reflective, responses, from sub-consciousness. The One Self enables these responses to be released through forms of activity. Hence, whatever activity that comes from your sub-conscious, must be in line with laws and forces of your own true deeper identity. Sub-conscious is our instrument for communion with super-consciousness.

The Tower, Key 16, is the condition on which Key-9 works. The First Stage of Spiritual Unfoldment Condition, is that of overcoming fear, ignorance and misery, as depicted by Key-15. This is a necessary stage that motivates us to come out of the darkness. The second condition, depicted by Key-16, The Tower, this has to do with language and speech. In Key-16, The Tower is similar to the Tower of Babel, this indicates that the tower is a structure representing human speech, when that speech is a product of un-enlighten self-consciousness. It is false knowledge resulting from the human race mind memory record of imperfect appraisal of themselves and their circumstances. Remember, Key-2, The High Priestess is the principle in this second stage, and its’ major attribute is memory.

Two or more people who agree on common sense usually don’t know what common sense is. What does common sense mean; for too many it means “If only you were the superior person that I am, you would agree with me.” That’s common sense. Most often common sense is but a confusion of tongues. There can be little unity of opinion among persons whose interpretation of experience are based on looking at things, instead of looking into them. The lightening flash in Key-16 indicates that the Life-power is the source of illumination. This flash of true perception knocks off the usurper’s crown. The crown also represents false notions long held. The lightening starts a fire which will eventually destroy the tower. In the second stage of unfoldment comes flashes of perception which upsets our opinions and seems to destroy the foundation of our own personal existence. But it is but a dramatic reversal in our own consciousness.

Use Key-16 to overcome superstitions and polarizing thoughts, that you may think of as common sense. Concentrate on it also when you have what seems to be a problem. Key-16 can also help you overcome the misuse of language. Key-16, The Tower is about awakening. It is receiving its’ influence from Key-2, The High Priestess, as modified by Key-9, The Hermit. The breaking down of form is fundamental in the process of the Life-powers’ self manifestation. That includes the disintegration of old forms of consciousness. When you internalize Tarot cards you are building a new structure within your own being; a structure that has stood the test of time.

Summary:

The race memory, Key-2, which finds its way into our personal subconscious, is progressively updated by super-conscious, Key-9, overturning false impressions, Key-16. In simple terms, God is growing us regardless of our lifestyle, but I will add, we can speed up that growth when we do spiritual work on ourselves, learning how to internalize Tarot, is one of many methods of doing spiritual work on ourselves.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:26 PM
Master
Hi Starman,

Thank you for sharing your insights and knowledge of Tarot

Have not been using the Tarot for quite awhile. Feel drawn to return to using it and practicing.

You bring the study in very clear ways.

Years ago have used workbooks by Mary K. Greer to help me gain some ideas and insights.

There is also the book Meditation on the Tarot published by Amity House. It is more Christian Hermeticism approach and pretty thick to get through.

Presently feel what you share inspires me to get back to using Tarot for further insight.

So, appreciate the Qubbalah approach you share. The exercises helpful to bring further understanding.

Last edited by Moonglow : 01-01-2021 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:52 PM
Master
Moonglow, thank you for your comments. I am deliberately trying to keep it simple. There is a lot more I can say but it may overwhelm many who have not studied the Qabbalah. I was in a very formal13-year program that spent months on each Tarot card, and then they went into the Tree of Life, and other facets of Tarot. So what I am doing here is giving the gist of esoteric and occult teachings on Tarot that could be understood by the common everyday person. And I am also giving myself a refresher course by re-reading my lessons and transcribing some of their finer points here. So I am getting something out of posting this also. Again, thank you. I am pleased I can be of service.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:21 AM
Master
[IMG][/IMG]

The Empress, Key-3, esoterically, is about creative imagination. The exponentially larger increase in Tarot Key-3 above is something that I did more than 3-dcades ago. It is torn, tattered, and faded, but I thought I’d share it as and example of some of the things I did in using the major arcana. I had this expanding Empress on the wall in my study, many decades ago, and left it up for many years. It just came to me to make a little Key-3, then a bigger one, and bigger one, etc. You can click on the above image to see the whole thing.

Having this on my wall and glancing at it everyday, helped me to become more creative. I have manifested so many of my dreams, and today there is nothing on my “bucket list.” I saw my ability to create come alive, and I became a conscious creator over time. Something that I attribute to this one Tarot Key. I enlarged some of the more positive keys, like Key-1, Key-3, Key-7, Key-10, Key-17, Key-19, and Key-21., and some of them I just made myself. I had these keys on the walls in my home, although not in my living room, because that is a public area in my home. My wife, who passed in 1999, also studied the Tarot.

Having these keys on the wall in my bedroom and study, I was bound to glance at them when I entered those two rooms. Which helped me internalize them. The décor in your home will influence and send suggestions to your sub-conscious regardless what you may have on your walls. The colors in your décor, as well as many other things, bring certain energies into your home, into your life. I am not saying you should do this with the keys, I am saying this was one of many things I did with the Tarot. A lot of people who use Tarot have a favorite card, or a few favorite cards, one of my favorite major arcane cards, for a long time, was Key-19, The Sun, and that key bought a lot of positive energy into my life. So what I am saying here is that a Tarot aspirant can focus on just one card and absorb its attributes, or focus on many cards with a combined influence.

The Third Stage; Key-3, Key-10, and Key-17.

As said earlier, the symbolism in Key-3 depicts creative imagination. Some say visualization techniques, because in our imagination we visualize, and most often that visualization is a projection of our desires. Key-10, The Wheel of Fortune, is the agency through which the principle of imagination works. Key-10 is about rotation, but is also about a hand grasping. The grasp is to take possession. To grasp anything with the mind is to be conversant with it. What we really comprehend is ours to employ. Thus the pair of opposites, Wealth and Poverty, correspond with Key-10.

If our grasping of the meaning of events be weak, our control of those things will be uncertain, and our want of understanding manifests as poverty. A powerful grasp of the successive situations in our day to day experience brings wealth. This wealth may be in dollars and cents, or it may take other forms. The money measure has its limitations, but it is safe to say that the person who truly comprehends the situation of human existence, from spiritual insight, will not suffer want. The most valuable wealth is spiritual. In Key-10 the outer circle of the wheel has Roman characters which spell out the word ROTA. From these four letters the word TAROT is formed. By starting at the top of the wheel and reading the characters clockwise round the wheel, it begins and ends with a “T.” Different arrangements of the same letters form the name ATOR.

Ator was an ancient Latin rendering of the name of the Egyptian goddess Hathor, personifying nature, and corresponding to the goddess Venus, pictured in Tarot as The Empress. This serves to remind us that all we are able to comprehend consists of activities which belong in the sub-conscious field of the Life-powers manifestation. Nature is a generalization from our experience of the different fields included in the classification of the four elements. Whatever is at work in these fields is basically the operation of sub-conscious powers. In the inner circle of the wheel are some alchemy symbols. Beneath the letter “T” on the wheel, is the alchemical symbol for Mercury, beside the letter “A” is the alchemical symbol for sulphur. The symbol besides the letter “O” stands for salt, and above the letter ”R” is the sign of Aquarius.

Human beings are able to apply the universal solvent, or alchemical Mercury, to the various appearances constituting their environment; by discovering their real, as distinguished from their apparent, nature. Thus and adept can reduce every form reported by their senses to the primal substance of the limitless Life-power, by exercising the power of mental vision in creative imagination, we are able to fix the primal substance into new shapes and forms. This is really what being a “co-creator“ is all about. There is no way that we can not create; when we think, speak, or act, we are engaging in expressions that create circumstances. I have disagreed with something and later found myself in the same situation I had previously disagreed with; this is because everything is a mirror, a reflection. It is the One Self reflecting itself to itself. Human beings are creating all the time, it is just that most create haphazardly, or unconsciously, and we see that in this world.

To be and Adept, and complete The Great Work, is to develop the metaphysical senses which correspond to the physical senses. Use Key-10 to remind yourself that the motion of the heavenly bodies veils a living organism, in it you live, move, and have your being. Your consciousness is not separate from the same force which moves planets and stars through the cosmos. As and aspect of the One Life, your immediate environment becomes enriched as you grasp the significance of this relationship. Our basic thinking and feeling rotates in cycles and manifests conditions in our environment accordingly. Key-17, The Star, represents those conditions. The Third Stage of Spiritual Unfoldment is a stage of revelation, symbolized by Key-17.

Key-17 is also about meditation. When we meditate something is done through us and not by us. The balance between the universal success-process and the fundamental nature of things, is preserved by the Life-power’s ceaseless meditation on its own nature. When a human being meditates they are participating in the continual meditation of the Life-power. In short, it is the One Self that is doing constant, ceaseless, meditation and we experience the one force’s quiet mediation when we meditate. Thus some Hindus say, “I do not meditate, rather God does my meditation for me, and I just jump into a river that is always flowing.” In Kabbalah it is said that “the universe owes its existence to the Creators perpetual self recognition.” Nature is thus the result of spiritual meditation upon the powers of its own being.” Kabbalah teaches that “the universe is thought into existence and is maintained in existence by thought.” Upon this premise is the foundation of practical occultism.

Whenever we meditate we are sharing in the exercise of divine power that creates everything. The Star, Key-17, has eight principle rays which is a geometrical correspondence to the eight spokes of The Wheel of Fortune. The seven lesser stars in Key-17 correspond to what alchemist term “their metals.” These are the same as the Seven Chakras. The woman in Key-17 represents truth, and in meditation truth about nature is shown to us without disguise. Her symbolism says that meditation gives supporting power to balance the ordinarily unstable mind-stuff, symbolized by water. Alchemist refer to meditation as the “fixation” of the “volatile.”

Summary:

Imagination (Key-3) works through the cycles (Key-10) of our thoughts and feelings, manifesting things in our lives, that can be balanced with meditation (Key-17). The more we experience meditation, the more accurately, and successfully, we can manifest our heart’s desire. Anxiety and fear kills all of that. With practice this process can be perfected.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:15 AM
Master
Manifested life is all about story-telling. In ancient times wisdom-keepers would pass down stories from mouth to ear. When I was a young teen, I’d baby sit my younger nieces and nephews, and before they went to sleep they would always ask me to tell them a story. Today, in modern societies, story telling is left up to television, the internet, etc. Nonetheless, life in and of itself is still the great story-teller. You can put any combination of Tarot cards together and they will tell you a story. The story of your life is a direct result of your relationship with yourself, particularly with your own sub-conscious.

When working with your own sub-consciousness it may be best to finest and use ingenuity. Sub-conscious is a feminine aspect within us, and it is germane for femininity to have curves. So your suggestions to sub-consciousness might be more effective if they are done in a round about way. They are not direct suggestions, they are suggestions that imitate or infer something; this is how sub-consciousness extrapolates from your thoughts, words, and actions, to bring forth results in your life. Symbolic language is ritualistic. There is a ritual involved in love relationships, and that is the type of relationship it is helpful to have with your deeper being.

The Fourth Stage; Key-4, Key-11, and Key-18.

Our attitude directs our life, it tells us how we are going to approach things. If life was a movie, attitude would be the director, sub-consciousness the producer, and personality the actor. Attitude, or Key-4, The Emperor is the principle involved with this fourth stage. It works through Key-11, Justice. Observation and memory are the fundamentals of education, but practical skill is the result of training which establishes habits. Habits are not fully established until our bodies, by the operation of sub-consciousness, has been changed. Sub-consciousness operates the automatic systems in our physical body. The body and brain of a pianist are different, at the cellular level, from one who does not know how to play a piano. A pianist hands have a characteristic shape easily recognized. Whatever skill you may have has left perceptible traces on the structure of your physical body. Undesirable habits has to be purged from our body.

It is helpful to have clear mental images of intended action, as sub-consciousness considers your intentions. Images are most effective when they agree with the actual facts of a situation. Whatever their details, their framework must be true to fact. This framework is like the bones in a body, they support the entire structure. One of the prominent features of Key-11 is the “T” cross, which ornaments the dress of the woman in Key-11. Justice is a female, this is also true for the symbol of human justice. The difference between mere fancy and creative imagination is that the former has a solid foundation in fact. For example, “I wish I could fly like superman verses I wish I could fly on and airplane.” One of these statements has a basis in fact and the other does not. Yet the facts are not all, there must also be action that is in harmony with our knowledge of the actual situation, and this action must be aimed at eliminating whatever restricts our freedom. Key-11 is the complement of Key-10.

The Wheel of Fortune is the Tarot symbol for cosmic law. Justice is the symbol for the application of that law through human action. Faith, “the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things unseen,” is the basis of right action. Gender is in everything, plant life, insect life, animal life, and even in our consciousness. You are using self-consciousness right now to read this post, self-consciousness is the masculine aspect of our consciousness. It projects and protrudes, and is very direct. Straight lines indicate masculine while curves indicate feminine. This is why ingenuity is needed, this refers to a male-female relationship that takes place in our own consciousness. Equilibrium is associated with Key-11. Equilibrium is the result of two forces. Everything is dual, everything has it’s poles; everything has its pair of opposites. Opposites are identical in nature but different in degree.

Creative imagination is the foundation of Tarot practice. All occult practices calls creative imagination into action. Faith is a prime prerequisite. If you don’t believe in what you are doing it will be hard to do it. Key-11 limits us in accordance with cosmic law. Karma is a good example of this. We can generate fresh karma but we can not change immutable law. The basic meaning of karma is action. We work as hard, if not harder, to fail than we do to succeed. Key-18, The Moon is the condition in this fourth stage. The Moon is a direct reference to sub-consciousness and its powers of duplication, reflection, reproduction, and the turning of energy back to its source. The deeper meaning of Key-18 symbolizes The Path of Return.

The maxim of Key-18 is “first the stone, then the plant, then the animal, then the man.” The symbolism in this card, at the lower end of the path at the margin of the water are several stones. Just beyond them are pointed leaves of a water plant, The vegetation continues in the field beyond. Climbing into the field is a crustacean, and a little farther along is a dog and a wolf. Then comes towers and human structures, but the path continues beyond them. The symbolism in this card is about evolution, or the return trip back to our source.

Our personal self-consciousness, Key-4, directs our life force. Key-18 symbolism of the fourth stage of unfoldment is about organization, or the process of organization. Key-4 organizes our attitude and in Key-18 the results of that organization are made manifest. If we receive the illumination of Key-16, and the meditation of Key-17, then the organization of Key-18 will evolve appropriately. This organization mostly happens when we sleep. Sleep is another attribute of Key-18. When we sleep we go into our subconscious mind. There are no gaps in infinity, its not like you leave your physical body and go to another plane of existence, it is all right here and right now. You may travel through layers in your sleep before reaching where you are capable of reaching.

Dreams help heal us and they play a part in our evolution; influencing the organization of various parts of the human body into a higher type of organism. One of the powerful things you can do is try to stay awake, conscious in your dreams, as your physical body sleeps. Concentrating on Key-18 can help you do this. If you can stay awake while your body sleeps it may help you develop a heightened awareness when your body is awake. Your deeper being, the sub-conscious part of us, never sleeps. It is only the physical body that sleeps and if we are closely identified with our physical body we do as it does.

The practical application of Ageless Wisdom is aimed at this change in the human organism. Creatures in the evolutionary scale below humans are incapable of self modification in the way that the state of being human can. Animals and plants bought under human influence may be considerably modified in a relatively short period of time, but they will revert back to their primitive type when the cultural influence of humans is removed for long periods of time. Human beings, no matter how evolved, have a tendency to also digress back to a former, more primitive state, when immediately faced with a crisis.

The Great Art, as alchemist call it, is concerned with the production of a higher, finer, more sensitive and more responsive type of human organism. This is done by a person’s own will and imagination upon their own vehicle of flesh and blood that this transformation is effected. The transformation is the outcome of the working together of universal forces, it is not merely a consequence of personal efforts. Yet the culmination of The Great Work requires the introduction of the personal factor. The production of transformation results from a continuing want that makes itself felt, and the movement of that want gives birth and encourages the transformation. Transformations in our consciousness also brings about transformations in our physical body. A baby’s mind and body grows at the same time, and so does and adults. According to Kabbalah, sleep is about rest and recuperation during which the hopes, fears, and desires of the day’s activities are eliminated and woven into our bodily structure.

During sleep the plans and thoughts we have been concerned with during the day are ripened and bought to maturity. Thus it is proverbial that night brings counsel. Many a problem has been solved subconsciously during the night. It is during sleep that our aspirations and efforts are built into organic structures. What we have thought and done during the day goes on influencing the body while we sleep. This is why it is advantageous to review the days doings before going to sleep and never go to bed angry.

Summary:

Attitude (Key-4), which is our waking self-conscious, determines Justice (Key-11) in our lives, to guide us on and evolutionary (Key-18) path. Very simply put, we grow how we think, our thoughts determine not only what happens in our outer environment, but also in our physical body and inner environment.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:00 AM
I was just talking about this on the Exercise thread !
The subconscious mind - like programming it.
Yes, visualizing things, imagining in the mind - whatever it is - exercising,
climbing that ladder tomorrow, cleaning the gutters, smiling about it
having that feeling of when it's accomplished. Yeah!

I had no idea you were giving life wisdom lessons on this thread, Starman!!!!

Wait a minute --I thought this was a diff spelling for the Kabbalah, it's not!
And they spell it online as Qabalah, one b...didn't know.
Whole new thing for me - interesting!
I'm gonna read about this now, thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Master
Miss Hepburn, I talked about the different spellings in the first page
of this thread. Basically….

Kabbalah with a “K” is the Jewish method,
Cabala with a “C” is mostly used by Christian Gnostic's,
and Qabbalah with a “Q” is used by occult and esoteric methods.

Tarot is about life lessons, regardless whether we are reading the cards or
using them as I have described here in this thread.

Happy trails my friend
Old 04-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Administrator
I dont come into this section very often because Tarot card dont do anything for me,
But its nice to see detailed information given by someone who has studied it

Namaste
Old 04-01-2021, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Miss Hepburn, I talked about the different spellings in the first page
of this thread. Basically….

Kabbalah with a “K” is the Jewish method,
Cabala with a “C” is mostly used by Christian Gnostic's,
and Qabbalah with a “Q” is used by occult and esoteric methods.

Tarot is about life lessons, regardless whether we are reading the cards or
using them as I have described here in this thread.

Happy trails my friend
I'm sure you did!
I joined at the last page...my job to check on things to make sure all is great,
so I don't read every post or page.
Tarot isn't an interest of mine - but, I like it.
I knew very little - now I know more! :')

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru