Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 30-08-2023, 11:55 PM
Pathfinder
Can you ask an angel for help?

My background is Christian but I don't make much of a Christian myself, anyway.

I've been researching this subject for some time. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the Bible, you can only pray to God. Praying to other spirits would be idolatry.

In Catholicism you have the Mystery of the Holy Trinity. God, Son and Holy Spirit are the same, so you can pray to any of them.

However you can't pray to an angel or other spirits or saints like if they were a god.

Meaning that you can't request direct help from them. You still can pray to them requesting intercession with God.

Bible is somehow diffuse when it comes to angels. According to some sources, angels won't listen to you because their function is other.

The Guardian Angel itself is not well defined;

Quote:
Matthew 18:10
Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaventheir angels alwayssee the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Acts 12:13-15
And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a girl named Rhoda came to answer.When she recognized Peter’s voice, because ofhergladness she did not open the gate, but ran in and announced that Peter stood before the gate. But they said to her, “You are beside yourself!” Yet she kept insisting that it was so. So they said,“It is his angel.”

Psalm 91:11-12
For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. Intheirhands they shall bear you up, lest youdash your foot against a stone.

Psalm 34:4-7
Isought theLord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried out, and theLordheardhim, and saved him out of all his troubles. Theangel of theLordencamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by sodoingsome have unwittingly entertained angels.

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who willinherit salvation?

Matthew 13:41
The Son of Man will send out His angels,and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness.

Despite all the above, I have my reasons to believe that angels or positive spirits are among us and I'd like to request direct intervention from them in some issues of mine.

So far I have tried prayer and evocation, to no avail. To be honest, prayer never worked for me. I'd say that prayer sometimes turned things even worse. I'm very bad at praying.

What do you think? Can you ask an angel for direct help? What would be other approach than prayer?
Old 31-08-2023, 12:14 AM
Administrator
Angels are not spirits they are beings of Light.
it doesn't matter what Religion you are, you can pray to any angel and you can ask for help.

Namaste
Old 31-08-2023, 01:20 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Angels are not spirits they are beings of Light.

In Christian religion angels are spiritual beings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
it doesn't matter what Religion you are, you can pray to any angel and you can ask for help.
I can pray and I can ask but they don't listen to me!

To be honest, I've never noticed the difference between praying and not praying. And I've done my deal of praying because I was sent to a Catholic school.
Old 31-08-2023, 03:40 PM
Knower

Follow what your heart tells you.

I ask for help from my angels and guides often and they always show me signs that they have heard and are helping.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:56 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsha
Follow what your heart tells you.

I ask for help from my angels and guides often and they always show me signs that they have heard and are helping.
Lucky you I've never been any good at praying. How do you catch the attention of such an entity?
Old 04-09-2023, 09:22 PM
Pathfinder
This is a note I found while researching the subject. It is written from a Christian point of view;

-----

it is abundantly clear that we are not to pray to angels. Ultimately, prayer is an act of worship. And, just as angels reject our worship (Revelation 22:8-9), so they would also reject our prayers. Offering our worship or prayer to anyone but God is idolatry.

There are also several practical and theological reasons why praying to angels is wrong. Christ Himself never prayed to anyone but the Father. When asked by His disciples to teach them to pray, He instructed them, “This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven…’” (Matthew 6:9; Luke 11:2). If praying to angels were something we, as His disciples, are to do, this would have been the place for Him to tell us. Clearly, we are to pray only to God. This is also evident in passages such as Matthew 11:25-26, where Christ’s prayer introduction begins with "I praise thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth...." Jesus not only begins His prayers by addressing the Father, but the content of His prayers usually requests assistance that could only be granted by someone with omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent powers. Praying to angels would be ineffective because they are created beings and do not possess these powers.

The case against praying to angels can also be made by reviewing John 17:1-26 where Jesus prays on behalf of His followers, requesting multiple blessings on them from God the Father, including sanctification, glorification, and preservation of the saints. These three blessings can only come from the source that presently holds them, and again, angels simply do not have this power. Angels cannot sanctify us, they cannot glorify us, and they cannot guarantee our inheritance in Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Second, there is an occasion in John 14:13 when Christ Himself tells believers that whatever we ask in His name, He will accomplish because He pleads directly with the Father. Offering a prayer up to angels would fall short of an effective and biblically guided prayer. A second occasion in which Christ mentions that prayers must be offered up in His name alone occurs in John 16:26. This verse conveys the message that, after Christ’s ascension to heaven, He acts as an intercessor to the Father for all believers. Neither angels nor any other created being is ever depicted as an intercessor with the Father. Only the Son and the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:26) can intercede before the Father’s throne.

Last, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells the believer to pray without ceasing. This would only be possible if a believer has access to a God who is always present and available to listen to the pleas of every person at one time. Angels do not have this ability—they are not omnipresent or omnipotent—and as such are not qualified to receive our prayers. Prayer to the Father through Christ is the only necessary and effective means by which we can communicate with the Father. No, praying to angels is absolutely not a biblical concept.

-----

There are other creeds on this question, anyways :)
Old 05-09-2023, 01:37 AM
My 2 cents

Well, I personally, go to the Top...in anything - why ask a sales clerk when the Manager has the power to change a price?
Then h/she tells the clerk to do it at the Register.
Hope that makes sense.

But, asking an angel directly? You ask your friends for help directly, right? Same thing to me.
Imo and exp - Angles are Beings of Light - in the Spirit Realms, so to speak-
Let's compromise - and say Spiritual Beings of Light?

Btw - Prayer has been excellently researched and explained phenomenally in
"Answered Prayer Guaranteed!"
by Frederick Price, shockingly, he and his wife died of Covid!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-09-2023, 10:23 AM
Experiencer
Yes.
I have asked for protection/help finding things and is pretty much always received help.

God bless you
Old 06-09-2023, 12:12 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I personally, go to the Top...in anything - why ask a sales clerk when the Manager has the power to change a price?
Then h/she tells the clerk to do it at the Register.

Why? Because the manager is very busy doing other important stuff and we, as human beings, are quite insignificant in the whole of the Universe. Just think in all the evil we are capable of.

Reason 2: Because Christians have been praying to all kind of sales clerks during the whole history of Christianity. Call them angels, saints or the Virgin Mary.

Reason 3: Occultists have been doing the same. When outsiders think in occultism, they think in demons but there is a whole branch dedicated to find a direct line with angels. In Hermetics it's called the "right hand".

Beings of Light is ok but it falls way too short!
Old 06-09-2023, 12:13 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus
Yes.
I have asked for protection/help finding things and is pretty much always received help.

With prayer?