Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 04-10-2019, 02:22 AM
Newbie ;)

can anybody learn to do it?

can everyone be hypnotized, is it really like they protray on tv and in movies
Old 04-10-2019, 03:32 AM
Master
As far as I am concerned, anybody can be hypnotized.
I suspect that a fair portion of our day occurs while we are in one or more hypnotic states.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I suspect that a fair portion of our day occurs while we are in one or more hypnotic states.
I agree .
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-08-2020, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:

Most of us, if not all of us, go thru hypnotic states all day long.
The hard part is realizing that we do!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Most of us, if not all of us, go thru hypnotic states all day long.
The hard part is realizing that we do!

Realizing that one is in a hypnotic state does have importance on a person's life if they realize how much of the day is spent in that state.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:25 PM
Master

From an older post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Full awareness of the physical is trance level 0%, and complete lack of awareness of the physical is trance level 100%. While awake, your awareness focuses somewhere in this range. Every physical and psychic activity has an optimum trance level where, if performed there, the activity is done best.

Practicing mindfulness means adjusting your trance to the optimum level for each activity when you perform it.

You can consciously adjust your trance level, but I prefer to ask my subconscious to pick the optimum level for the activity I intend to perform, and adjust it.

For example, for an out-of-body experience the optimum trance level is ~75%. At that level the transition into OBE is smooth, completely voluntarily, every time when you initiate it.

For age regression the optimum is ~65%. Bellow that level, your perception of the regressed self's experience isn't clear enough; above it, you start losing the awareness of your present self, and start to experience more and more the regressed self.

Similarly, there are optimum trance levels for each mundane activity like walking, working out, painting, studying, ...
For optimum safe driving the trance level picked by my subconscious is ~15-18%.

0% is too intense.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Newbie ;)

You are in a trance/hypnotic state whenever you don't have to think about stuff, you just do it. Not in an instinctive way. More like you are watching a movie. Driving. Working (even). Making food. Doing things that you have done so many times before. IF you are having trouble/questions about hypnosis and you. I would focus moar during periods of time when you are in a trance, and copy/mirror that state of mind in tune for when you want to be susceptible to it.

I've seen video workshops of hypnotists and read a grip of literature on the subject. So I think everyone can be hypnotized to different states of relaxation, and that literally anyone can hypnotize anyone else. Repeat over and over. Persistence. When you feel unsure/undecided it clouds how you should be feeling. Focus. (have a good one)
Old 22-07-2021, 10:25 AM
PureEvil760

I've tried very hard to be hypnotized and it seems impossible for me. I feel the pull of whatever the suggestions are but can easily resist.
Old 22-07-2021, 01:05 PM
Master
You might not have a grasp as to what is hypnosis.

Having said that, think about a runner who almost instantly self hypnotizes him self while running so he can run faster.

Just think about how that is done.................

Old 09-02-2022, 07:28 AM
skyman

Can we build a device which would warn us when we go to hypno state. I think this is possible because it is related to brain waves, and would be cool. Hypnosis is not bad usually, but such a device would help us understand what is going on. We don't see such devices, because authorities would be worried about their potential negative uses.

I heard we go to hypno state about 10 times(?) a day without being aware of it. And probably not all are the same.
For example you may get bored when listening to a lecture, it might be a hypno state, or
you may listen carefully and it may be another hypno state (not sure).