Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 01:07 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

If you keep going off on tangents I will like all the Staff here take "serious and final actions". I mean it.

I am dealing with "serious issues" right now with members that have the Virus and that are in isolation and not doing well. I do not have the time to be everywhere "BABYSITTING".

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 12-04-2020, 01:08 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

Here is the "Original Topic" No more "image inserts" please.

Violence.

Why did God condone and order such terrible acts of violence found in the OT? If some believe the Bible to be the ' Word of God ' then you have to believe God was as guilty as the perpetrators or even worse....

A Teenager asked me this question and I answered in my own personal opinion that the OT is not the ' Word of God ' which of course led to more questions and an never-ending conversation which I bowed out off and advised them to do some contemplating....
Old 12-04-2020, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why did God condone and order such terrible acts of violence found in the OT? If some believe the Bible to be the ' Word of God ' then you have to believe God was as guilty as the perpetrators or even worse....

Cause and Effect.

All of the 'terrible acts of violence' you probably found in the Old Testament were initially created by people who stopped obeying God's laws or who never obeyed them in the first place.

This can be liken to the employer who has an employee who deliberately does 'naughty things' each and every day. Would we be surprised if the employee finally gets fired?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:10 AM
Master

the moderators getting involved again, this is a failure.
we are screwing up here, how about some real conversation forget the personal battles, get back to real issues and debate for Christ's sake
Old 12-04-2020, 05:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I guess you wouldn't like if practicing Christians pestered you with their proselytizing. Then why would you do this to them? Let them be!

I don't think that you have any statistic showing that Christians are more violent than any other religion adepts, or atheists.

If I were to guess, the practicing Christians are probably less violent. For example many "progressive" activists are way more violent than the average.

Can you point out please any Post that I have said Christians are more violent than any other religion adepts, or atheists....
Old 12-04-2020, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Cause and Effect.

All of the 'terrible acts of violence' you probably found in the Old Testament were initially created by people who stopped obeying God's laws or who never obeyed them in the first place.

This can be liken to the employer who has an employee who deliberately does 'naughty things' each and every day. Would we be surprised if the employee finally gets fired?

'All of the 'terrible acts of violence' you probably found in the Old Testament were initially created by people who stopped obeying God's laws or who never obeyed them in the first place. '

So because they didn't obey God's law Violence was the answer, mass slaughtering, rape and pillage, slavery etc: .
What a loving way to demand that you shall love the Lord your God....
Old 12-04-2020, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
'All of the 'terrible acts of violence' you probably found in the Old Testament were initially created by people who stopped obeying God's laws or who never obeyed them in the first place. '

So because they didn't obey God's law Violence was the answer, mass slaughtering, rape and pillage, slavery etc: .
What a loving way to demand that you shall love the Lord your God....

............ and what would you have expected should have happened?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Can you point out please any Post that I have said Christians are more violent than any other religion adepts, or atheists....
I see, you have a problem with God, not with his followers.

Anyway, I stated my opinion, and I am not interested in an argument.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
............ and what would you have expected should have happened?

That's irrelevant to the question that I asked when I started this Thread...
Old 12-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I see, you have a problem with God, not with his followers.

Anyway, I stated my opinion, and I am not interested in an argument.

No I wasn't expecting an argument, and I have no problem with God, that idea came from you.

I was asked a genuine question by a confused Teenager and unfortunately I couldn't think of an answer in the short time I had with this Person but it started me thinking, hence the Thread....
Closed Thread