Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 26-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Master
When I was a kid..

We had it so hard....
Old 07-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Master
When I was a kid it was very fun, I had a great childhood!!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Master
All we had to play with was Etch-a-Sketch , plastic Army men, and homemade gunpowder .... hard.... really hard ....
Old 08-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Master

When I was a child, life was carefree. Just wonderful. Your imagination could take you anywhere and you could be anyone.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
All we had to play with was Etch-a-Sketch , plastic Army men, and homemade gunpowder .... hard.... really hard ....

Ohhh, now there is a childhood memory. The old barn at my grandmother's place was still standing and it was full of old farm gear no one had touched for 30 years. When I was 10 or so I found a small almost empty bag of black powder in between some rags, and brought it home. With a couple of other kids I then blew up a spoonful at a time with the help of matches, laughing as we made puffs of smoke.

It is a wonder that I still have ten fingers.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Master

Not to mention that I shortly after discovered how to make a toy rifle fire projectiles with the help of firecrackers. You will not believe the range of some of the rounds I made. Or how big the odds were for the whole thing exploding in my hands. Yep, still got all ten fingers.

My dad had a spare sawhorse. I put wings and a steering wheel on it, ponied up and was the Red Baron.

I blew out the circuits of our house at the age of 8. One fuse anyway. See, I had found some leftover wires from a workplace where they'd been blowing rocks away and wanted to experiment. Just a little.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:36 AM
iza

Growing up in the 60's/70's - we had no computer, internet, videogames or other modern-day gadgets to keep us indoors - such things didn't exist. I spent the whole day out on my banana-seat bicycle, going to the library, catching guppies in the stream, playing with my plastic toy animals in the dirt and mud, going to the beach and playing on my "hobby-horse" which was a long, old bamboo stick with a piece of string tied to it for the reins. We invented ways to have fun (although not always very safe) like playing Mary Poppins with an old umbrella and jumping off from the top of balcony, swinging from the swings as high as we could and then trying to propel ourselves off from the swing over the chainlink fence just in front of us. Lots of scraped knees and elbows and bruises, but we learned to pick ourselves up and carry on. Good memories of a more simpler time.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:50 AM
Master
Yeah , it's different now. Kids live online and on their phones .
When I was a kid , I stole cigarettes from stores, sniffed gasoline fumes ,
played with fire , but I was afraid to talk to people on the phone
Old 11-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Alchemist

It wasn't that long ago, just about 10 years or less. Though I remember all this "90's stuff".
Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Suspended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo