Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-02-2011, 01:27 AM
vikic

Unhappy Something I need to know about dead pets.

Hi,

I'm new so if I have posted in the wrong section I apologize.

But I need to know something.

My hamster died about 4 months ago her name was Nugget, and about a month after she had died I bought a new hamster called Sticks.
Well my old hamster was to me unique for example she used to run on top of the wheel instead of inside it. I have never known any other rodent do this and I have had multiple, but now Sticks is doing the same things as Nugget used to do like running on top of the wheel.

Is Sticks Nuggets reincarnation? Or is Sticks picking up on her energy?

I am 19 I've had all kinds of rodents since I was about 12, and never have I seen anything like this. :/

Thanks in advance :)
Old 28-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Graelwyn

I would imagine Sticks is picking up on her energy, rather than a reincarnation personally, though believing animals have spirit too, it could be Nugget's way of letting you know she is okay as well. I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy that your new hamster now shows a bit of the behaviour you are familiar with.
Old 28-02-2011, 01:33 AM
vikic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graelwyn
I would imagine Sticks is picking up on her energy, rather than a reincarnation personally, though believing animals have spirit too, it could be Nugget's way of letting you know she is okay as well. I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy that your new hamster now shows a bit of the behaviour you are familiar with.

Yeah I like that way of thinking ^^

Thanks ;)
Old 28-02-2011, 12:30 PM
SandybytheSea

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graelwyn
it could be Nugget's way of letting you know she is okay as well. I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy that your new hamster now shows a bit of the behaviour you are familiar with.

I agree with that Graelwyn. I had a beloved dog for over 13 years and she would only ever play with one ball. After 13 years it was a tired little ball, but none other would do, so when she departed I couldn't throw it out, I put it out in the garage at the very back of a drawer so I didn't have to see it.

A year later, I got another dog, a 2 year old Cavalier King Charles spaniel (Nikki) who had been mistreated. I felt guilty about replacing by beloved Muffin, but this one really need rescuing so I just hoped Muffin wouldn't mind.

When I bought her home, she ran straight into the lounge, jumped onto the couch, scratched at a pillow and out popped Muffin's tired old red ball. I lived alone so NO-ONE had brought that red ball into the house! That became HER ball for the rest of her life, even though it was almost totally deflated.

Was she Muffin? Maybe. When Muffin died, Nikki was already a year old so it's unlikely, but I still can't rule it out because I believe animals have group souls. But I'm more inclined to believe that Muffin was giving her approval by somehow providing Nikki with her precious ball, and at the same time letting me know there was no need to feel guilty about replacing her.

I hope this helps, vikic. It's always heartbreaking losing a beloved animal, but knowing they will be there to greet us when we return home is something to look forward to.
Old 28-02-2011, 07:57 PM
CJ82Sky

i have always thought of animals as having souls just like we do - as i have some pretty clear memories of lives as an animal myself (wolf, cat, horse, etc.). and my one cat has been human more often than animal.

that said, many of my animals i have known for many lives. when i lost my one cat named claws, i met caspian at a shelter about a month later and knew he had to come home with me. he had identical markings as claws, and when i took him to the vet to be fixed he behaved exactly like claw's father (who passed a year and a half before claws did) used to act. he's since done things like sleeping on claws's pillow, and bossing the other cats around and walking around grumbling (like a troll haha!) like zen did. i don't believe he is either - but rather he has picked up on their energy and since i know zen has become one of my guides, is learning from him (as well as claws).

then you have my horse ridge and the story of king. as a kid in my teenage years i worked at a trail barn and frequently rode a red bay arabian named king. i love this horse - could do anything on him - but he had an attitude and was not fond of others riding him. my parents couldn't (at the time) justify getting me a horse and none for my younger sister who worked there with me. well one day i came up to the barn and king was gone. when i asked the barn owner she told me a little girl bought him and took him away to live with her. when i asked our farrier who did all the trailering he said he took the horse to auction where he was sold to kill buyers and shipped to slaughter. it was 1993 and i was 16 years old. king was 14.

skip ahead to two years ago. it was 2009 and i was 32 and 16 years later. have my own farm and horse rescue and my business partner coordinates and our rescue pulls this arab from the slaughter line. he used to race and had tons of attitude. i said she could deal with finding him a home - i had too many horses to worry about. well i meet him and it's clear he is MY horse. looks like king. almost identical markings. same exact personality....

i asked an animal communicator w/o telling her about king how ridge knew me and he said he made sure to come back as soon as he could so he could find me and we could go back to doing trails together like we used to. ridge was supposed to be my eventer but due to an old racing injury that has him backsore at times, he's my - you guessed it - trail horse. we're actually entering america's favorite trail horse competition together for a chance to win $ - that will be donated to the rescue in his name.

i lost him when i was 16 and he was 14 to slaughter.
16 years later when he was 14 i rescued him from slaughter.
we picked up right where we left off. it's an absolutely amazing feeling.

so whether your pet is picking up energy from and/or being guided by a past pet, or is a past pet reincarnated either is definitely possible imo based on my experiences!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:33 AM
kita

I think animals can be reincarnated and come back to you.

When my children were growing up we had a black and white cat we found and named Baby. She had a white snout and a black Hitler mustache. Baby had a lot of different misfortunes but would always come back, always had the same color and markings. She did that about 4-5 times until our children were grown and gone.

I also had a small dog I loved as a child who I feel has now came back to me now when I need a pet to keep me company. They look a lot a like and have the same funny personality traits, but are different breeds. It's just a feeling I get -that she's my first dog.

Maybe it really doesn't matter, but I like to think there's something to these connections we have with our animal friends.
Old 29-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Dawn

Wow am I glad I found this thread.

Last May I lost my beloved Chalice, the youngest of my three cats. Tiger striped (don't know the name of the breed), kink tailed, and spoiled lol
He died away from the house and I never saw his body, but I think he knew that if he'd died here at home, I don't think I would've been able to handle his passing.
The day it happened, and I'm sure some of you can understand this, I just knew it. My mom kept saying 'I'm sure he'll come back. He normally goes out for a few days at a time but he always comes back. You never know', but I did know. He was gone. He visited me in spirit just to confirm that he had passed and that he was perfectly fine, but I was grief-stricken. A month and a half later he visited me again and let me properly say good bye to him and wish him nothing but love and joy.
It still hurts to think about him, to look at any of the pictures or videos I took of him, even now, but at least I can enjoy that warm, fuzzy feeling in my chest I have when I do.
Well, here it is, almost 2 months shy of the 1 year anniversary of when he died.
Now, don't get me wrong. I have two other cats. Ryo and Kes-Kes. I love them and, since Chalice's passing, have taken to giving them lots of love and attention (something that mostly only Chalice was getting, since he was my baby).
But, to try and get to my point, I live on a road where there are some dogs and a few cats. The lady that lives at the end of the road here pretty much has her own farm of sorts. Horses, chickens, birds, dogs, cats.
So to see a stray cat every now and then is not so unusual for here in my yard. However, Ryo typically chases them away. No big deal.
Well, last month, this male cat showed up. Three times. Mom nor I thought much about it. Ryo did his thing and was chasing him away. However, the cat came back.
One day he was so brave, he came up onto the front porch. My mom gasped and called me to the window. He thought for sure Chalice had come back. The moment I saw him, I knew it wasn't my baby, but he had a lot of the same markings.
Well, he left then came back a few days later. I figured I may as well take a bit of pity on this cat, if nothing else, just to feed him. He looked small and sleek and not exactally well fed (though not starving and emaciated).
From that moment on, lol this cat, this tiger-colored cat that my mom has dubbed with the name "Ruh" [ruu] (thank you Beastmaster!), has made himself right at home.
He is very submissive towards Ryo and Kes-kes, loves attention, and will actively stay right at my mom's and my ankles as if to say 'Hey!! Attention please!!!!'.
Now, I know this isn't my Chalice reincarnated, but may be a kid of his, since Ruh still looks like a fairly young kitten. Maybe 7 or 8 months old is what my mom thinks.
The thing is, out of all of the cats and different cat breeds that live within a 10 mile radius of this home, and out of all of the cats that could possibly come here for food or attention, this attention-needy, tiger striped tomcat of a kitten comes here. *HERE*, to this very house.
He doesn't fight with Ryo and Kes-Kes, doesn't spray in the house, doesn't act like any typical tomcat does.
I wasn't sure what to think about him at first, but I've come to the point where I think 2 things about this.
1, after Chalice's passing, I was having something of an internal war going on. I missed my baby deeply. I didn't want any other cats. Ryo and Kes-Kes were enough for me. I could give them lots of attention. However, despite this, there was this deeper, for lack of a better word, need for me to have a new kitten. I know several times in my head I was going 'I want a new cat! Please please I need a new kitten!' but I'd stop myself and just go 'Why do I need another cat? I don't want a replacement for Chalice. Ryo and Kes-Kes are enough'. However, my heart kept on crying out 'I need a new kitten. I need a new kitten. Please, I need a new kitten'. I think that my heart's calling put that out into the universe.
2, I do honestly believe that Chalice had a hand (or paw lol) in spirit in getting Ruh to come here. And, who knows? Maybe some of Chalice's risidual energy still lingers here and helped teach Ruh how to properly behave here.

I mean, I can't say anything specific that he's like Chalice except for in coloration and markings (though Ruh is more grey and Chalice was more dirt brown, even when he WASN'T rolling around in the dirt lol), and that they both have very passive, relaxed personalities, and just love getting attention (but hey! What cat doesn't?), but I will say this much. Ruh has gone a long way in helping me recover from the loss of Chalice.
The pain from losing him is still there, but with Ruh here now, it's not that bad. I can give lots of love to all 3 of my cats, instead of just solely focusing on one.
I guess Chalice was just a gift that kept on giving, even after he passed on.

Wow... sorry about rambling like that. But, no worries about it. I do agree with what was said earlier here. Our fluffy loved ones do have a tendency of bringing needed new love into our lives, and, sometimes, very similar behaviors we've missed.
Old 30-03-2011, 11:29 AM
SandybytheSea

Awwww Dawn, that's such a lovely story, thankyou for sharing it.
I have no doubt that Chalice led Ruh to your door, and that he waited just long enough for you to notice your 2 other cats and appreciate how much they needed your love and attention too.
I have 2 cats now and love them both to pieces, they're sisters but so very different. You mentioned that all cats love getting attention, but one of my girls thrives on it, the other one thinks it's all "sissy stuff" - she's the tomboy, lol. But I take care to let them both know many times a day that they are both very special, and I'm delighted to know that Ryo and Kes-Kes also know now that they're special to you. As always, it takes losing someone to appreciate those we still have.
Old 31-03-2011, 04:23 PM
dreams76

our kitty just gave birth a week and a bit ago and just before she did my youngest saw our deceased cat run past him,so he still comes to visit especially when his sister is about to give birth as if he is saying im here for the event, i think your hamster was picking up the energy of your other hamster
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Knower
Vikic I don’t know I have heard animals can and do reincarnated sometimes. (you might check out Animals and the afterlife by Kim Sheridan, there is a bit on animal reincarnation in it) I’m not sure most would come back so soon though. Its possible that Sticks could be picking up Nuggets energy. Even possible they know each other on the otherside and Nugget told Sticks about this habit that it may bring you some comfort.