Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-04-2021, 12:04 AM
Master
Ego/I/self/Ahamkara is the Self that thinks he/she is separate from oneness....

.....while the Self/true Self/Atma or Atman is the Self whom knows and is aware he/she is not separate from oneness.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
.....while the Self/true Self/Atma or Atman is the Self whom knows and is aware he/she is not separate from oneness.
I'm honestly wondering, this isn't to argue against your beliefs.

If there were "oneness", then how could anything be separate?

How could a part of "oneness" perceive itself to be separate? That means, at least, that that part's awareness isn't part of the "oneness", doesn't it? So it would negate the concept of "oneness".

I assume you mean "oneness" as in "everything is one", and not as in this oneness, that oneness, the oneness over there, ...

If you affirm that there is an ego, and there is a true-Self, then you don't have "oneness" anymore, because you talk about two different entities, don't you?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:49 AM
Master

Self

Quote:

Indeed its very true . Cosmic Self also wants to play . We are sure in a play always there are more than one parties . Cosmic Self which is one and only one , can not have fun of play by itself .So Cosmic Self creates beautiful illusion called Maya/Life so that it can have fun and excitement of a play which Cosmic Self can not have alone by Himself. So when it's tired / fatigued /exhausted from play and wants have rest/blissful existence , it may withdraw and become one . Every sentient being getting deep refreshing sleep is part of that Self withdrawing from play for a rest.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'm honestly wondering, this isn't to argue against your beliefs.

If there were "oneness", then how could anything be separate?

How could a part of "oneness" perceive itself to be separate? That means, at least, that that part's awareness isn't part of the "oneness", doesn't it? So it would negate the concept of "oneness".

I assume you mean "oneness" as in "everything is one", and not as in this oneness, that oneness, the oneness over there, ...

If you affirm that there is an ego, and there is a true-Self, then you don't have "oneness" anymore, because you talk about two different entities, don't you?
You missed my point of self and Self are one and the same. The only difference is a peson's True Self's perception/awareness. The true Self only exists, the separation itself is the ego, and the separating that the ego does is an illusion.

You think I said there is an ego, and there is a true Self. I said the ego is the Self-meaning the true Self thinks it is separate/does not know it is not separate from oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now.

The ego, which is the true-Self thinks he/she is separate is also oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now.

Consciousness and awareness are an individual but not separate "things". There would be no point for us (our (true) Self) to be conscious and aware, if oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now was or is already conscious and aware of itself.

We humans and other animals and plants are conscious and aware, so oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now is conscious and aware of itself physically existing/living inside itself.

Many non-dualitists spiritual people mistakingly believe that the non-duality concept is about the physical is against the non-physical ( it's the same old judgment/belief of good vs evil/positive vs negative, wearing a different mask), when in actuality the physical exists in the non-physical, which makes the physical and the non-physical existences, the one and the same.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:13 PM
Master

if you want to talk about 'differences' then you want to talk about 'duality'. What is the point in that?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
You missed my point of self and Self are one and the same.
Sorry. I shouldn't have asked.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:

It's kind of a loaded question isn't it Mikey Mike .

If we say like I do often that there is only what you are .. then only what you are knows and is aware that they are not separate from oneness -

The problemo is that many like to divide everything up into neat boxes and tick them all. So we have self in one box, the ego in another etc etc .

Of the mind there is awareness of a self that can ask such questions and give relative answers .

So in context this mindful self is whom that knows .

What this mindful self is, is each to their own, but it's kinda futile to say it's consciousness or anything else that isn't realised as such .

All we can do is be aware of ourselves of this experience . Beyond the experience there is self awareness also, but there wouldn't be the thought of such a question in regards to whom am I that knows .

So there has to be context .

x daz x
Old 10-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if you want to talk about 'differences' then you want to talk about 'duality'. What is the point in that?
Learning about and getting to know and understand' the differences' of oneness is a tool to use to know and understand ourselves, which leads us to learn about and get to know oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now. 'differences' are oneness's individual Selfs, whom are individuals but not separate or whom are oneness individuals.

If one does not talk about duality (separation) in a non-duality thread on a spiritual forum, how will one learn and know what duality ( separation) is?

Most people are too busy thinking about what is good/bad, positive/negative and about what benefits them personally (including ignoring and dismissing "duality", the 'differences' etc, ignoring and dismissing them is not accepting them for what they are and is not being conscious and aware of them) , when they should be conscious and aware of the thoughts and beliefs of separation that have, and replace those beliefs and thus thoughts with beliefs of oneness.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
It's kind of a loaded question isn't it Mikey Mike .

If we say like I do often that there is only what you are .. then only what you are knows and is aware that they are not separate from oneness -

The problemo is that many like to divide everything up into neat boxes and tick them all. So we have self in one box, the ego in another etc etc .

Of the mind there is awareness of a self that can ask such questions and give relative answers .

So in context this mindful self is whom that knows .

What this mindful self is, is each to their own, but it's kinda futile to say it's consciousness or anything else that isn't realised as such .

All we can do is be aware of ourselves of this experience . Beyond the experience there is self awareness also, but there wouldn't be the thought of such a question in regards to whom am I that knows .

So there has to be context .

x daz x
Yep, I hear ya!
Old 11-04-2021, 04:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Learning about and getting to know and understand' the differences' of oneness is a tool to use to know and understand ourselves, which leads us to learn about and get to know oneness/the eternal and infinite right here and right now. 'differences' are oneness's individual Selfs, whom are individuals but not separate or whom are oneness individuals.

If one does not talk about duality (separation) in a non-duality thread on a spiritual forum, how will one learn and know what duality ( separation) is?

Most people are too busy thinking about what is good/bad, positive/negative and about what benefits them personally (including ignoring and dismissing "duality", the 'differences' etc, ignoring and dismissing them is not accepting them for what they are and is not being conscious and aware of them) , when they should be conscious and aware of the thoughts and beliefs of separation that have, and replace those beliefs and thus thoughts with beliefs of oneness.

Ego sometimes likes to tell people it is God. If you could think or understand your way to enlightenment it wouldn't be the real thing.