Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-03-2021, 04:39 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
JASG - may I ask where you have seen Satcitananda?
And not chit?
This is news to me.
Unseeking Seeker? Is either correct? is it according to region ...as in,
anand and ananda? Thanks.
While you're at it, being in India....how do you translate Satchitananda
Especially the word sat...more than one meaning?
I know it as true or truth --as used in Sat Naam (or Nam) and Satsang, for example.
I do think different regions, and there are so many - make a big difference.

I've seen it as both Chit and Cit. Take your pick.

As for the definitions we give to the various components of the word, it's just words. One can say Sat is Existence is Truth. I think "Is"ness might convey it better?

https://advaitasadhana.wordpress.com...t-chit-ananda/

1. Asti (Existence or Sat): The ‘is’ ness e.g. book ‘is’, desk ‘is’, I ‘am’.
2. Bhaati (Consciousness or Chit): Awareness, Knowledge e.g. I ‘know’ .
3. Priya (Bliss or Ananda): Joy, happiness, pleasurable ness e.g. there is joy when agitation or tension is removed
4. Naama (Name): label given to an entity in order to indicate it and to distinguish it from other entities e.g. Rama, Computer, Desk, Book etc.
5. Rupa (Form): characteristics which make an entity distinct from other entities e.g. shape, color, sound, texture, smell, concept
Old 18-03-2021, 06:29 PM
Master

Sat-chit-anand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
JASG - may I ask where you have seen Satcitananda?
And not chit?
This is news to me.
Unseeking Seeker? Is either correct? is it according to region ...as in,
anand and ananda? Thanks.
While you're at it, being in India....how do you translate Satchitananda
Especially the word sat...more than one meaning?
I know it as true or truth --as used in Sat Naam (or Nam) and Satsang, for example.
I do think different regions, and there are so many - make a big difference.

Chit is proper word. Cit may be typo or some wrong translation/spelling in source. When all combined , it can read/pronounced like sachchidanand also. But to convey the real meaning sat-chit-anand correctly shows its composition.

Sat as u pointed out is used as prefix many places meaning permanent/lasting/ real/great/best / true. As one can discern all these meanings are inter-related n derived from the ever lasting nature of existence/God.
Old 19-03-2021, 11:16 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Advaita Makaranda - Nectar of Non-Duality - Verses 20 - 21

https://youtu.be/JNvAt6sywys

Advanced text on Advaita Vedanta by Lakshmidhara Kavi, focusing on manana (rational reflection) and nididhyasana (Vedantic contemplation).

This is a very good lecture and what I often try to relate however my words generally fall short, I think.

Awareness Itself vs. awareful witness. It's the absolute silence and stillness even in the midst of action.

At times I've used consciousness vs. Consciousness and "I am conscious" vs. "I Am Consciousness Itself". The prior is the awareful witness and the latter Awareness Itself.

That's the "knowing" that's beyond intellect, beyond mind but there nonetheless and unmistakably so. It's crystal clear.