Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Master

Spiritual search

What would seekers want to encounter in the spiritual supermarket that would be helpful? Like any product one would hope to have a clear description of what is on offer, and perhaps some reviews and recomendations by customers/guru's ect:)

Yes and after some resonance, what does it means now that the feeling of disconnection has ended? For example does it mean that it is Oneness manifest as all the abuse in the world that is disliked so much? If 'I' am Oneness manifest, am 'I' the abuser? How do seekers reconcile such questions?

No doubt some explore such questions with different teachers, speakers, writers, perhaps on forums like this, until all is included as Oneness manifest (suffering just regarded as a mystery) and the resonance is consolidated, or perhaps such questions are not satisfied and the search continues.
Old 20-07-2020, 10:35 AM
Master

I can offer to share what I know from direct experience, which may vary from others:

The actual oneness experience is beyond lower mind ... beyond fragmented thought. Expansion of consciousness, containing within all life. The Universe itself. There is no ‘other’.

This is preceded by another expansion, wherein we feel interconnected but with identity retained.

No questions remain.

Being a flickering awareness, in that we are back to duality in mind-body, what is retained is the recognition of oneness as experienced. Our consciousness centred everywhere but crystallised in this body for the moment.

Or we may say, actually feeling the sunset not the same as looking at a picture postcard. Memory is not the flowing reality.

Old 20-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

I can offer to share what I know from direct experience, which may vary from others:

The actual oneness experience is beyond lower mind ... beyond fragmented thought. Expansion of consciousness, containing within all life. The Universe itself. There is no ‘other’.

This is preceded by another expansion, wherein we feel interconnected but with identity retained.

No questions remain.

Being a flickering awareness, in that we are back to duality in mind-body, what is retained is the recognition of oneness as experienced. Our consciousness centred everywhere but crystallised in this body for the moment.

Or we may say, actually feeling the sunset not the same as looking at a picture postcard. Memory is not the flowing reality.

As you say experience may vary. Descriptions may be offered but the quality of the experience of another cannot be known, or judged, by someone not having the experience.
Old 21-08-2020, 06:00 AM
Master
I came across this video which some may find relevant to the search

https://youtu.be/C7VclS3jZmk
Old 04-09-2020, 08:49 AM
Seeker

There is actually only one you have to confront, take lessons from and stay tune to. That is your own self. But, you have to have a major curiosity about this. The triviality of being is the most ignored there is. Therefore it is overlooked by sheer ignorance.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:18 PM
Seeker

I would go so far as to say that teachers are superfluous. Your own self is where to put your trust in.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawal
I would go so far as to say that teachers are superfluous. Your own self is where to put your trust in.
I'll go even further ... You can't trust any teacher or dogma to lead you all the way on your quest for knowledge. You can use them, at most, as stepping stones until you get in touch with your inner source of knowledge and guidance.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:04 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'll go even further ... You can't trust any teacher or dogma to lead you all the way on your quest for knowledge. You can use them, at most, as stepping stones until you get in touch with your inner source of knowledge and guidance.
Right. But even the stepping stones might show themselves to be obstacles.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Right. But even the stepping stones might show themselves to be obstacles.

for us, one of the biggest obstacles can be 'not knowing'. Sometimes you need to bootstrap... which doesn't mean you necessarily have to follow a teacher, but it doesn't hurt to get inspiration from outside oneself. If for no other reason than to get practice shooting down bad ideas
Old 04-09-2020, 09:59 PM
janielee

Quote:

People who say this definitely haven't met the Awakened Ones.

Nothing wrong with self-reliance, it's essential; but to imagine that conquering Everest is a DIY exercise is a nice fairy tale for most

YMMV

JL