Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 03-03-2021, 02:52 PM
Robert Adams

...for some reason you believe you are a body, confined to a small space, this is not you, it’s illusion.
You are all-pervading absolute reality -this is your true nature;

this is who you really are.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-03-2021, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Robert Adams

...for some reason you believe you are a body, confined to a small space, this is not you, it’s illusion.
You are all-pervading absolute reality -this is your true nature;

this is who you really are.

Ah! Robert Adams resurrects like the Phoenix!

We need to fill in the blanks though. We are not only or merely the mind body ... let us begin to recognise this by .... (Miss H will do the honours!)
Old 15-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Master
Jim Tolles on spiritual realisations and doing the inner work:

'The big spiritual moments tend to be on the scale of 1 to 2%, while the rest is dominated by dedication, discipline, inner work, and surrender. That 98% is vital, and it's why so many people get stuck - they were looking for constant euphoria or revelation, and they ignore the rest of the work. It's like expecting trophies without going to practice or playing one game of football.'

'A lot of spiritual searches are not usually a quest to find oneself - they're more typically a quest to escape oneself. When we sit in the now here, this reality of how much time we spend trying to escape ourselves becomes clear, and the inner work that we need to do begins to arise on its own.'
Old 15-03-2021, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Ah! Robert Adams resurrects like the Phoenix!

We need to fill in the blanks though. We are not only or merely the mind body ...
let us begin to recognise this by .... (Miss H will do the honours!)
Well, Robert said it:''You are all-pervading absolute reality -this is your true nature; this is who you really are.''

Now, another quote: Be still.

Another one: "Practice the Presence."

Another quote if the mind needs a nudge: "You are 99.99999% empty space."
According to quantum physics.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2021, 04:20 AM
Master
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Love thy neighbour as thyself.
Love unites us, hate devides us. Amen
Old 04-04-2021, 11:30 AM
Master
Jon Bernie on the path of the heart:

'It's so much easier to follow the path of the heart than to try to follow the path of the knowing mind. Through the doorway of the personal heart, you can enter what I call the Heart of Vastness, or the Big Heart of infinite connection.'

'Right now, tune into your heart - is it at peace, or is it in some healing process? Are expansion and opening happening, or do you feel contraction and holding on?'

'The path of the heart is to learn to listen, rather than talk; to allow, rather than dominate; and to really take in the many, many communications from all directions that are guiding your attention, helping show you the way to return home.'

'Even in those inevitable times when you're quite out of balance, it's helpful to allow yourself to feel the imbalance, the disconnectedness, the off-centeredness. Gradually you'll learn to allow your experience to be exactly as it is, rather than trying to avoid it, or fix it, or even understand it.'

'Spirituality does not mean leaving your humanity behind. Rather, the height of spirituality is the complete embrace of every aspect of your humanity; many people believe being "spiritual" means transcending our humanity, somehow escaping our flawed and messy human experience, but true spirituality is the opposite of that.'

Last edited by A human Being : 04-04-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:38 PM
We are being asked to make our quotes 2 sentences only.
Sorry and thanks.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:

i thought that meant quotes from other people on the board. Because i can see how the duplication of content we were having would be an issue. But apparently it also means we can't use quotes in new content?
Old 04-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i thought that meant quotes from other people on the board.
Because i can see how the duplication of content we were having
would be an issue.
But apparently it also means we can't use quotes in new content?
I know, right?
I had to clarify that myself ....thing is, we have always had ...in the Rules under FAQ ---
a 2 sentence quote limit on 'outside' quotes.

Now, it's also about quotes of members.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry and thanks.
Feel free to edit or delete any quotes I've posted that you deem to have broken the forum's rules, I won't take it personally. I was just going by the rules I learnt about quoting from published works when I studied English at university (as I remember it, quotes of 3-4 sentences were deemed permissible - the forum's rules seem needlessly strict, though I understand that there are concerns about copyright infringement).