Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 25-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Knower
Color Anima's Artwork

I am an art-highschool student, in a "painting and drawing" department. I regret that I am going very irregulary because of my health issues and have less time to trully work on my talent, so I am still, for the most part, self taught.

What I post here will mostly be what I did for school (and got to actually carry back home with me), because at the moment I don't really have time to do what I want to and develop my style. So far I am much more comfortable with drawing mediums than painting ones.

Without further ado, here is some of the artwork I created in the past couple of years or so. I take photographs of my work and pull them through photoshop effects to more resemble the original.

Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

"Chris1" and "Chris2" are pencil drawings of my ex-boyfriend, which are pretty old but I consider them one of my best work to this day, because it was done with a lot of love.

"Dida" is a tempera painting of my grandfather.

"Apple" is an unfinished project of using fruit to convey a certain message.

"Eye" is a quick pencil drawing I did of my eye.

Anima
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris1.JPG (147.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Chris2.JPG (137.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Dida.JPG (162.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Apple.JPG (133.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Eye.JPG (157.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 25-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Master
Thumbs up

Anima, you are an exceptional artist~

The 1st one I clicked on was your grandfather. The detail. When I was a teen, I did portraits really well too. You are fantastic.

One year I took an adult night class and the lady who volunteered to be the model (face / portrait only) bought my pencil/charcoal of her and became friends for many years.

Old 25-11-2010, 04:54 PM
wishescometrue

Wow, they are amazing... I struggle with stick men!!

Old 25-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Knower
"Hand" is a pencil drawing of my father's hand. People say that getting a hand right can be a mighty struggle, and they are not kidding.

"Ljilja" is a tempera painting of my aunt. She has a very specific face and it was rather hard to capture it.

"Statue" is a tempera painting of a statue, had a lot of fun with it. (Read: I became very frustrated and threw colours everywhere)

"Zrmanja" is a tempera painting project of showing depth in a landscape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hand.JPG (122.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Ljilja.JPG (170.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Statue.JPG (172.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Zrmanja.JPG (188.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 25-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Master
Question

I think your artwork is quite good, Anima.

I bet your aunt liked the portrait you did of her, too.

What are your plans once you finish your schooling?

Old 25-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Anima, you are an exceptional artist~

The 1st one I clicked on was your grandfather. The detail. When I was a teen, I did portraits really well too. You are fantastic.

One year I took an adult night class and the lady who volunteered to be the model (face / portrait only) bought my pencil/charcoal of her and became friends for many years.

Quote:
I think your artwork is quite good, Anima.

I bet your aunt liked the portrait you did of her, too.

What are your plans once you finish your schooling?

Thank you so much, Slivergirl. Portraits and nudes, are my favourites. I love the human body. I really like drawing emotions out, people say I am good at that even when I don't quite get the proportions right.

My aunt liked the portait, yes. She actually poses for an art academy where I live, because of her interesting face, and ability to stand still (she meditates, practises Reiki etc). I call her my spiritual aunt.

I am not sure. This will sound egoistic, but my talents are pretty diverse. I am interested in a bit of everything. Art is very underappreciated where I live, and even outside of Croatia, it's either you make it or you live a whole life trying to survive. I am trying to narrow down my choices, so far they are between art academy (painting), psychology, English language, elementary school teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishescometrue
Wow, they are amazing... I struggle with stick men!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Anima
Old 25-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
They are fantastic anima i have a huge respect for fine art.

Thanks!!! Me too. I love computer art, as well, but doing something with your own hands, oldstyle, is the most appealing thing to me. It has... soul.

Anima
Old 25-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
I am not sure. This will sound egoistic, but my talents are pretty diverse. I am interested in a bit of everything. Art is very underappreciated where I live, and even outside of Croatia, it's either you make it or you live a whole life trying to survive. I am trying to narrow down my choices, so far they are between art academy (painting), psychology, English language, elementary school teacher.

With the internet making the world a much smaller place, I sure hope you keep up with your art work and inspirations. I wish I had. So many people start out being very artsy and creative when young, only to drop it all to do the practical thing of working ~ it's so wrong, sadly.

I think maintaining ones interest in art and keeping up with their talents and practice helps in 'real' life situations.

Old 25-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Knower
"ImprisonedWorld1" & "ImprisonedWorld2" are photos of a functional lamp I made out of things I could find in my own home.

It's made out of:
- some chains I stole from my dad's storage
- a part of kitchen smoke hood
- decorative pieces of coloured glass
- wooden underlay for cutting meat
- closet door handles
- a sieve for flour, cut in 3 parts, and held together by black shoe laces

I use it in my room now. It's ideal for a relaxing mood.

Anima
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImprisonedWorld1.jpg (71.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ImprisonedWorld2.JPG (54.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 25-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
With the internet making the world a much smaller place, I sure hope you keep up with your art work and inspirations. I wish I had. So many people start out being very artsy and creative when young, only to drop it all to do the practical thing of working ~ it's so wrong, sadly.

I think maintaining ones interest in art and keeping up with their talents and practice helps in 'real' life situations.

I actually dropped myself out of a linguistic gymnasium after the first year of highschool, even though I was one of the best there, because I wanted to go to an art school instead. It was the best decision I made. No matter what I pick for a college, I will be glad I got to be in such a great and serene school, and develop my artistic side. I believe it can always be a great hobby. And yes, I know I am supposed to follow my heart and do what makes me happy inside, not what will make me comfortable in life, but I am kinda torn on that. Other things make me happy, too, and I'd prefer a stable career.

Anima