Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

View Poll Results: Are you in a relationship or are you single?
I am in a relationship at the moment. 75 28.85%
I am single at the moment. 185 71.15%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2020, 08:05 AM
Pathfinder

I have been single for two years. After two short marriages I had a long marriage and we parted as good friends. At the age of 53 I am happy on my own and doubt I will ever be with someone again. I had relationships for the wrong reasons and I don't regret any of them but it is time for me.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Though I have to say 'longevity' by itself isn't a worthwhile goal when you'd end up old and lonely. Who will take care of the old single people? .

depends on if you want to live or not -
- I don't get lonely -
I have spent 99% of my life in solitude -
I used to think I wanted a relationship - but I don't ever think anything like that anymore

my grandpa was superhuman - he was the most healthy person I have ever seen - he could have easily lived to be 200 - but when my grandma died - he told me that he didn't want to live any longer - he had lived long enough already - then right after that he died - because he didn't want to live anymore

lots of old people still take care of themselves - you may even live in a Buddhist monastery or something and not be alone even though you are alone
Old 10-01-2021, 12:35 PM
Master
Bump this up because it is always an interesting thread. (for me).

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-02-2021, 02:32 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm single.

I had 1 girlfriend, and 1 marriage of 13 years.
Was interested in 2 girls that weren't into me.

I turned down 9 relationships, thought I was picky but discovering that I might be an Empath, it was because I didn't feel the vibe.

I'm in love with my Best Friend, who told me since day one that she's not interested in me. Later discovered that we were best friends in a past life, who might be my twin flame.

I never had a problem talking to females, always had females friends more than Male friends.

Ever since my best friend came into my life about 2 years ago, I'm having a hard time meeting females. I was talking to a psychic medium about this and she said spirits are pushing them away because they weren't meant for me.

So I don't know, I'm single because for whatever reason.
Old 28-02-2021, 08:04 PM
Ascender
Truth is that we are all singles in spirit and mind.
We come to this world as a single entity with our own spirit and mind.
Many still believe and hold an illusion that a physical or romantic relationship can bring a completeness to their existence.
When one relationship disappoints, then they search for another that may fulfil their unrealistic ideal about relationship.
In my experiences and observations about relationships, unless there are purposes and/or lessons, relationships do not happen.
If your current life passage is designed to be experienced as a single, then it will be a lifetime of singlehood. In such case, even you become married somehow, it will be not be a shared life journey.

I believe that our soul and our higher self know the map of our relationships at any given moment.
Not all of us are assigned to a peaceful long term relationship map with a compatible soulmate.
Hence it is important to remind ourselves to savor, learn, and appreciate every moment in the presence of a such relationship.

Many of us just stick to any available relationship without a true inner connection in order to avoid being physically alone.
This is even more tragic in my opinion. I had experienced this kind of empty shell of relationship and it is even lonelier than being alone.

Another truth is that all of us are in a relationship, with own self.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:44 AM
asearcher

One can feel more on one's own in a relationship than one can if one is single ;) just twisting it a little
Old 07-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Master
Single yet....

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 16-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Deactivated Account
I am currently single. I don't think I could ever do the online dating app thing. I've taken a look at some, but...as a (straight/heterosexual) demisexual, I simply don't connect with the 'hook up' culture/mind-set. I really have to have a deep emotional/spiritual/mental connection before I could really be physically involved with someone, so it's been very difficult for me.
Old 16-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Klabautermann
I am currently single. I don't think I could ever do the online dating app thing. I've taken a look at some, but...as a (straight/heterosexual) demisexual, I simply don't connect with the 'hook up' culture/mind-set. I really have to have a deep emotional/spiritual/mental connection before I could really be physically involved with someone, so it's been very difficult for me.

Dating apps are useless indeeds. When someone likes you first and you try to contact them (or they contact you) they all of a sudden don't act interested anymore for no particular reason.
Old 16-03-2021, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Klabautermann
I really have to have a deep emotional/spiritual/mental connection before I could really be physically involved with someone, so it's been very difficult for me.

Which is exactly what most people wanna hear from another person so surely that alone should make you an interesting candidate.

Dating apps are a waste of time, as are dating websites. They cost money, show mostly fake profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor
Dating apps are useless indeeds. When someone likes you first and you try to contact them (or they contact you) they all of a sudden don't act interested anymore for no particular reason.

Probably because they have lots to choose from. There's a serious gender bias going on with dating apps and websites that just reflects real life.