Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Master
Inspiring stuff for potential authors/poets

I remember praising someone who used to be on this forum about her poetry skills because she is very honest and authentic with her feelings in those words. Which I find to be an important quality for an author, the courage to be that brave and honest, although some may be judgmental about it and prefer to set their own higher standards for writing, but it is alright, we can't please everyone and acceptance of that is better

Anyhow, these days I am re-reading an old book which I find very inspiring

And I'd like to share quotes, so that perhaps others may find healing qualities in writing too, for whatever purpose that suits them personally

Quotes from this book

''I must write the words that tell. I must break the silent code that binds us, that others, like me, will know they're not alone, that, despite the darkness, they (like me) may sing again.'' Josie Willis

''Every accomplishment large and small begins with the same decision: I'll try''. Ted Key

''To sell your writing today, you need 90 per cent desire and 10 per cent talent'' Duane Newcomb

''Writing is helping me mature as long as I'm not bull****ting myself, the act itself forces me to face and understand my flaws and weaknesses and strengths, and if I'm honest - really honest - then writing is like a wake up call. I become my own therapist. Writing is the only place I can be myself and not feel judged'' Terry McMillan

''Have compassion for yourself when you write. There is no failure - just a big field to wander in'' Natalie Goldberg

''When you write from the heart, you not only light the dark path of your readers, you light your own way as well.'' Marjorie Holmes

''Talent is long patience'' Gustave Flaubert

'''Now you'll have to write with your heart rather than your head' My head was foggy, but I knew that
my heart was getting stronger. I decided to write a story about learning to write again'' Erik Olesen

''Never forget; it doesn't matter what you write. What you believe will show through'' Elizabeth Engstrom