Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 25-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Master
My next person of interest, who was inevitable eventually- is author Philip K ****.

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Lu1ECQKkSn8/Sl52GRWsmQI/AAAAAAAAAv8/HAqP75CNl4c/s320/Philip_K_****_451b1c424d91f.jpg[/IMG]

One of my favorite authors and one of the most interesting and enigmatic people i have come across. He is probably to some degree even influential on some of my thought. This may be attributed to the fact that there have been few other authors of fiction or of spiritual, philosophical or psychological material- of which i have read a relatively fair amount, that has really resonantly struck some seemingly deep chords- and consistently so, where few others have.

One characteristic of his that i like is his honesty. I am in the process of reading his Exegesis, and he will propose all sorts of far out theories and hypothesis regarding the universe and humanity's place and role; then suddenly admit a page later that perhaps it is all just some insane meaningless idea of his that might not be true at all. I find things like that refreshing, admitting that he doesn't have complete certainty, he remains open and humble.

In a biography of PKD i've read written by his first wife is related to us the story of a young bank teller who was in conversation telling **** of some debt or dire need of money, so he gave her (either 1,000 or 10,000 dollars I can't remember) right there on the spot, not in the sense of a loan either, but a gift.

Here is a youtube video where he gives a very interesting speech at some sort of press-conferency thing, speaking and explaining what a deja-vu was similar to what ended up in the movie the Matrix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

Another thing i learned reading that biography was that he rebuked his mother's attempts to recruit him into Scientology.

The list of movies adapted from **** novels and short stories is formidable. Blade Runner, the original Total Recall, Minority Report, The Adjustment Bureau, Paycheck & a Scanner Darkly are a few of them.

The personal life of **** and his personal mystical-Spiritual type experience and writing upon the experience/s is too vast of a subject to touch upon for me right now, but i end this with a famous quote of his that i have myself used many times in various different threads over the years here at SF (it was even my signature at one point).

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

His novels 'Ubik' and 'Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said' are probably two of my favorites of his. He considered 'A Scanner Darkly' his magnum opus, at least in one of his interviews he did. Here is an interview from 1977 i found on youtube.