Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 29-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Suspended
Exclamation Big distraction or BIGGEST distraction?

So yeah after scanning the forums I couldn't help but notice that while other places generally have about 6~12 viewers at this given time Twin Flames section has about 43. Yes. Nearly four times (plus) the amount that most other forums have.

So I take it no one else thinks this whole "soul flame" whatever stuff is a bunch of bunk then? Honestly, if I was in charge of distraction topics for a spiritual nature I'd give the guy who thought up "soulmate" a raise.

Does it occur to anyone posted here that we might be here to ESCAPE a soulmate for a temporary pause? If the argument is essentially that a soulmate or twin soul is essentially just the other half of the person then it's leading into another one of those silly "the all" arguments. Which, if we go further up makes even less sense and here's why.

I'm sure plenty of you have had relationships in your life, it's only human. Now, did you constantly cling to your lovers and demand their attention 100% or did you seek out your own space to take care of things? I hope I'm starting to make sense. You may always slightly 'miss' the person in topic but if you can't stop thinking about a human-based representation of your 'literal' other half then that's more or less what we call "obsession" rather than "passion".

Life continues, there are seven billion other smart monkeys running around on this planet the world keeps turning even if the one you think is your soulmate decides to fish for another individual.

This partial century is too short to be spent obsessing about someone and the 'perfect' love. We did not come here to learn 'perfect' love as that is defined to us from above as well as below. We came here to get gritty to shed blood, sweat, and tears and by every ounce we deny ourselves with fantasy is the moment we leave life unfulfilled.

So again. Relax on the whole "twin flame" nonsense and focus your expended energy on something other than the gullet of the creator essence's trap.
Old 29-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Suspended
Master
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...#post-10451700
Old 29-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Master

Hello.
Welcome!

I was just thinking about this last night as I was typing out an entire ramble on SF in the sexuality section.

I actually started to develop some kind of conspiracy theory (lol) that all the TF misinformation out there is deliberately trying to halt the spiritual growth of people who get caught up in it.

I am usually a fairly skeptical minded person... not afraid to explore my own independent thoughts LOL Buuuut... somehow the TF energy concepts infiltrated my conciousness to such an extent that I was getting confused about not only the nature of my own creative power but also the nature.of what it is I am actually looking for in my connection to other human beings and how those connections can actually look in one's life.

It all suddenly smacked me in the face how much the tendrils of "twin flames" had burrowed into my pshche limiting my potential grrrrr.

I am feeling very frustrated with all of the misinformation and how it seems to flood over potentially wonderful information which could actually benifit individuals to move through the motions towards creatorhood LOL.

Perhaps I am just looking at this the wrong way around lol... I got sick of the limitations of this thing years ago... but it took me up until now to realise that some of its tendrils were still stuck to me LOL
Old 29-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Hello.
Welcome!

I was just thinking about this last night as I was typing out an entire ramble on SF in the sexuality section.

I actually started to develop some kind of conspiracy theory (lol) that all the TF misinformation out there is deliberately trying to halt the spiritual growth of people who get caught up in it.

I am usually a fairly skeptical minded person... not afraid to explore my own independent thoughts LOL Buuuut... somehow the TF energy concepts infiltrated my conciousness to such an extent that I was getting confused about not only the nature of my own creative power but also the nature.of what it is I am actually looking for in my connection to other human beings and how those connections can actually look in one's life.

It all suddenly smacked me in the face how much the tendrils of "twin flames" had burrowed into my pshche limiting my potential grrrrr.

I am feeling very frustrated with all of the misinformation and how it seems to flood over potentially wonderful information which could actually benifit individuals to move through the motions towards creatorhood LOL.

Perhaps I am just looking at this the wrong way around lol... I got sick of the limitations of this thing years ago... but it took me up until now to realise that some of its tendrils were still stuck to me LOL

Well I can explain it real easy. The majority of TF seekers are low sexual dimorphic individuals that require pairbonding as a mating stratagem in order to propagate healthy offspring. The recent *ahem* "movements" in western """culture""" makes promiscuity a desired trait for whatever reason. These people are not hard-wired in this direction (as it's mostly genetic whether such preference exists) and therefore are suffering an existential crisis on a biological scale.

That or financial related who-ha.

Honestly the primary question that should be asked is 'does this infinite reality even care or am I just projecting?'
Old 29-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Hello.
Welcome!

Well, looking at the dogma it isn't exactly conducive to self- or spiritual- development. At its worst it demands greater constriction than most religions.

Quote:

I can see how the unwary fall into it. There are so many pseudo-theories out there all based on suppositions and speculation presented as facts. The blurbs usually start with some outlandish statement presented as so obvious it has to be a fact. It never is but people fall for it. And there are those pretty header pictures that promise wonderful "love" and "evolution".... but I look at the threads. Doesn't take much of a look to see that the whole doctrine causes more misery, anguish, obsession and simply frittering of one's lifetime here that could be devoted to spiritual development! It isn't healthy!

It is fashionable though. I mentioned in a recent reply that the section usually has at least twice the number of viewers viewing of any other single section, sometimes four/five times as many. I wonder what gender most of them are?

Old 29-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous

I reckon it's worthwhile just giving a couple of sentences intro in what you're sending people off to. I never click on a link unless I'm given a reason to do so especially on a site like this. One can waste tracts of time waiting for a punch-line so a little forewarning would help.

Old 29-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Master
The attachment to the twin flame teachings is a huge distraction for real growth. The good info out there which elucidates how this triggers a kundalini rising and a process of remembering your innate wholeness is very helpful to many, especially when we have no clue what is going on. But then the ego has the tendency to cling hardcore to the idea that the other person is "yours." Love can never create ownership or shackles...

I think dropping the twin flame belief and realizing ones innate wholeness (as well as getting real with yourself about really having no clue what is going on, and that you are full of it... Lol) is a good plan.

Also the whole being asexual thing, I've never been monogamous and am attracted to many different people, heck sometimes I feel attracted to nature. Ha. Normative romantic ideals have often felt biologically stifling to me.... Nor did I believe in souls, soulmates, or even heard about twin flames before. So... yeah.
Old 30-04-2017, 12:45 AM
Ascender

I think anything can be a distraction or an addiction, including religion, spirituality and the like. It's important to keep everything in balance and devote equal amounts of time to various things. The amount of mis-information out there involving all these topics is staggering and it really takes years of research on any of these topics to even begin to get to the possible truth.
But I disagree that we should use that as an reason to not search or learn. And I disagree that the misinformation is always due to us, some of it is fake gurus or people just trying to make money, but some of these topics, the misinformation is purposely put there to misinform us and keep us confused. But I'm not just talking about tf here, because I don't much read about tfs.

Most of my time is spent on my mission and school, I come here when I need a break from doing homework. It's my only hangout as I purposely avoid facebook and don't watch tv, but I also read the whole board. I think I just end up posting here more because it moves along faster. But if I didn't like this topic, I wouldn't come here. I wonder why people that are so hostile to it even come here?

I'm not sure what was meant by the post about sexuality but here it what I have noticed about myself, I have and always have had a very different type of sexuality that most everyone else I meet. A different type of sex drive, asexual is a pretty good way to describe it. I do not need physical contact anywhere as much as the average person. I can go for years without it and it doesn't bother me at all. This makes me a big freak to most people and most people cannot understand me or the way I live at all. They don't understand why I don't jump on every available person around or don't feel the dire need to find a relationship to fill that need alone. I'm not sure what the significance of this is in relation to tf but I suspect it tires into the experience somehow.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 30-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Suspended
Master
Twin flames are real. I'm in constant telepathic connection with my twin all the time. I can feel it every second of the day and when I'm asleep and dreaming. The great truth of the human race has been revealed to me. I'm one of the million lesser prophets with the mission to reveal this great truth to the rest of the human race. I believe everyone has a twin flame even if they haven't incarnated together and met each other. I can't turn it off. I feel as if part of her soul is with me all the time. I have thoughts of her all the time in between thoughts of other things. When I'm not thinking of something else, I think of her. I imagine being with her all the time for 39 years and talking to her.
Old 30-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Ascender

Also just to add, I have also noticed that many men, even today are quite threatened by a women that does not appear to need a man to do things with her or for her, even men that a younger than me. I have actually had men in public verbally attack me because they were so threatened that I was somewhere by myself, without a man. They seem to be massively threatened by a women appearing to not need a man.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"