Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 02-02-2021, 03:54 AM
Pathfinder
Always at your perfect size (motivation)

Well it’s February 1st here (the Month of the sacral chakra until the 28th in my universe) & they just reopened the local Fitness center in my area, under new ownership as a converted golds gym location. Although I once enjoyed bodybuilding as a healthy activity, my physical fitness has acquired a typical biker body shape, somewhat mini mode in comparison to some other time periods in my life. I absolutely love it.

One of the main motivations I acquired through initial fitness progression was through body weight exercises, specifically pull-ups. I figured if I could consistently implement upper body pull-ups daily in high volume the rest of my body would naturally have to comply with the caloric intake by balancing, like the tree climbers. Essentially if pull-ups were equivalent to walking in volume, weight management would see itself finalized. The path has been quite successful & for the most part it can be limited to 100-200 pull-ups a day for maintaining my healthy body weight distribution. I started with small sets & progressed. I think I will try handstand push-ups next.

Other levels, for those who love to sit, I found throughout the years one thing particularly has been of consistent productivity. It is called a, Cardio Mini Cycle, a little weight adjustable foldable spin bike the size of your feet that can fit most places. Enabling anyone at a desk or bench or couch to bike some extra miles or hundreds in a relaxed reclined seat of your choice.

It’s green here in Washington state 365 days of the year and while my single favorite gym lift is the Power Clean or maybe the T-bar row exercise, I just have to breath the fresh air outside. So for most of my cardio I choose bicycle, or distance running. Finding a good trail in Seattle is as simple as walking outside, my favorite track is a 12-15 mile loop with plenty of Trees & Water around an area called Mercer Island.

Stay motivated Spirit forum!

Namaste
-Jesse
Old 02-02-2021, 04:01 PM
Master
As I've gotten older I have also moved away (somewhat) from heavy lifting in the gym.

As a former powerlifter its been a bit of a mental struggle to cut back on the poundage simply because I've always enjoyed lifting heavy.

Still at 59 years old now and concerned about my joints as I get older I'm still doing mostly the same lifts but at lower weight and higher reps...going for a good burn.

For instance just a few years ago i was still routinely doing sets of squats with 375 to 405 keeping things in the 5 to 10 rep range.

I finally told myself.."what the hell are you doing"??? There is no reason to be subjecting your knees', spine and hip joints to those kinds of loads anymore.

So i have a self-imposed limit now of 225 lbs on the squat....As in I load 100 kilos...and do reps till failure with it.....4 sets and I'm done.

And since no one dies prematurely from NOT having big muscles but people die everyday from not keeping up there cardiovascular system...I do a hard fast walk 2 miles, 5 or 6 mornings a week.....(I hate running and think that also adds unnecessary shock load on the hips and knees.)

The interesting thing to note is that medical science proved some years ago that working muscles to the burn promotes the release of growth hormone.

This has been confirmed with me as a doctor I work with on longevity medicine has checks my IGF-1 levels every 6 months and even at age 59, I am still at the top of the range for growth hormone.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 16-11-2021, 10:39 AM
Ascender

Yes, I probably am. I’m tall and slim built, and according to weight/height charts I am slightly underweight, but I feel absolutely fine, and I am perfectly healthy.
Old 23-05-2022, 06:52 PM
Ascender

I also maintain this by regular exercise (daily walks and bike rides) and having a very active job.