Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
God doesn't have to make sense, that is what smiting is for, people who question God. So get smitten with God or you will be smited.
Peace be with you.

Peace be with you. [/quote]

Pax Vobiscum
Old 06-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Jesus spoke of the greatest commandment and the second commandment.
Why are these two commandments so difficult to follow?
Hey, Speak for yourself.
In your own way you did say 'we'...which you do not care for, as stated. Tricky isn't it?

Hard to love something with all your heart mind and soul when you have not had direct contact with whatever it may be.
Rule of thumb: You must know that which you love.

Then, the 2nd Commandment falls into place...because with direct contact comes much insight and knowledge so you
end up knowing exactly who that neighbor is and who you are.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-03-2020, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you read the WHOLE article you Posted from you will see ' Penalty ' used many times...

Once more I ask you to show me where it says 'Penalty'. I do not see it. There is no reason for you to not show me so as to settle this issue.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
' I asked you to cite this teaching of Buddha which you so far refuse to do.'

The Article you Posted is NOT Buddha's Teaching therefore I cannot cite it for you .

It is Monastic Rules NOT Dhamma , you should know the difference through your Buddhists Wife/Daughter and Family explaining to you.

I did ask you for the Sutta/Sutra which you didn't give me. If you read the WHOLE article you Posted from you will see ' Penalty ' used many times...

From my view point, the Tipitaka is the Pali canon for Therevada Buddhism that contains Buddha's teachings.
The first division of the Tipitaka is Vinaya Pitaka:The Basket of the Discipline.

The first section of the Vinaya Pitaka:The Basket of the Discipline is Suttavibhanga.

Suttavibhanga's first section is Parajika: rules entailing expulsion from the Sangha (Defeat)

In the Pārājika: Rules entailing expulsion from the Sangha (Defeat) it reads:
1. Should any bhikkhu — participating in the training and livelihood of the bhikkhus, without having renounced the training, without having declared his weakness — engage in sexual intercourse, even with a female animal, he is defeated and no longer in affiliation.

Is this not true?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
The word Command-ment is not a mockery at all, it is what it is.
If somebody twisted Buddhist words around, would you not think it was mockery?

Old 06-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Why did Buddha speak numerous times that if a person did certain things, they could no longer associate and in many cases, were 'caste out'? Is that not a form of punishment?

Quote:
Can you point out the Sutta/Sutra please.... then I can discuss it..

If you look at my original statement, it dealt with "Why did Buddha speak numerous times that if a person did certain things, they could no longer associate and in many cases, were 'caste out'? Is that not a form of punishment?"

I think I have answered your question sufficiently.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
From my view point, the Tipitaka is the Pali canon for Therevada Buddhism that contains Buddha's teachings.
The first division of the Tipitaka is Vinaya Pitaka:The Basket of the Discipline.

The first section of the Vinaya Pitaka:The Basket of the Discipline is Suttavibhanga.

Suttavibhanga's first section is Parajika: rules entailing expulsion from the Sangha (Defeat)

In the Pārājika: Rules entailing expulsion from the Sangha (Defeat) it reads:
1. Should any bhikkhu — participating in the training and livelihood of the bhikkhus, without having renounced the training, without having declared his weakness — engage in sexual intercourse, even with a female animal, he is defeated and no longer in affiliation.

Is this not true?

Ask your Buddhist Wife/Daughter or even Family to explain ' Parajika ' They are PENALTIES for breaking Monastic Rules which is what you previously Posted a few lines from but not all of the article which is why I suggested you read the entire article. You Post a few lines but refuse to read the complete Rules.

Monastic rules and traditions binding on every Buddhist Monks and Nuns. In this article I will discuss the four Parajika - the disrobing offences.

The word parajika (in the ancient Indian language called Pali) is usually translated as 'making the doer defeated'. In effect it means that the offender MUST DISROBE.

The four transgressions which incur a Parajika, the penalty of automatic disrobal, are as follows: etc etc.....

Your Wife/Daughter or Family who are Buddhists can very easily discuss these Rules with you as I haven't the time
Old 06-03-2020, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
If you look at my original statement, it dealt with "Why did Buddha speak numerous times that if a person did certain things, they could no longer associate and in many cases, were 'caste out'? Is that not a form of punishment?"

I think I have answered your question sufficiently.

What you Posted are a few lines on Monastic Rules which are not Suttas/Sutras
Old 06-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
If somebody twisted Buddhist words around, would you not think it was mockery?

Command-ments are what they are..... Commands, no mockery just the truth.
You are given Commands to follow and if you refuse or ignore these Commands you are threatened with PUNISHMENT....
Old 06-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
What you Posted are a few lines on Monastic Rules which are not Suttas/Sutras

Are you saying the Tipitaka (the Buddhist canon/scriptures )does not contain any of Buddha's teachings?

Closed Thread