Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Master
So I was right!

And I can assume that what you claimed was in the teaching probably was made up.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
So I was right!

And I can assume that what you claimed was in the teaching probably was made up.

You start a Post regarding the 1st & 2nd Command-ments then jump to Buddhism when you don't like the questions being asked.

Who punishes you if you don't follow the 1st & 2nd Command-ment ?

If you follow these 2 Command-ments through the fear of PUNISHMENT or because you expect to be rewarded in the afterlife then you are NOT being sincere in your actions...

If you would answer ' Who PUNISHES you ' we can go forward on the differences between Buddhist CONSEQUENCES and PUNISHMENT.
Or even easier, you can ask your Buddhist Wife/Daughter or Family member....
Old 06-03-2020, 01:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I am listening but what i'm hearing doesn't make sense
God doesn't have to make sense, that is what smiting is for, people who question God. So get smitten with God or you will be smited.
Peace be with you.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
You start a Post regarding the 1st & 2nd Command-ments then jump to Buddhism when you don't like the questions being asked.

Who punishes you if you don't follow the 1st & 2nd Command-ment ?

If you follow these 2 Command-ments through the fear of PUNISHMENT or because you expect to be rewarded in the afterlife then you are NOT being sincere in your actions...

If you would answer ' Who PUNISHES you ' we can go forward on the differences between Buddhist CONSEQUENCES and PUNISHMENT.
Or even easier, you can ask your Buddhist Wife/Daughter or Family member....
As you are fully aware, I did not start a Post regarding the 1st & 2nd Command-ments". The Bible has no Command-ments. That word you used is a distortion of what is written and resonates with mockery.

You also claimed that the Buddha's teachings which I referenced also says "'Penalty ' which is NOT a punishment." As I wrote previously, what you claimed Buddha taught is just not true. The word "Penalty" can not be found by me in that teaching!

I asked you to cite this teaching of Buddha which you so far refuse to do.

Something you might find interesting is something Buddha taught. It reads:

"1. A deliberate lie is to be confessed."

This teaching can be found in
Pācittiya: Rules entailing confession

Part One: The Lie Chapter

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:

But the truth is, you posted in posit 26 "Can you point out the Sutta/Sutra please.... then I can discuss it.'

So far, the only discussion you have had on the information you requested is you claimed Buddha provided more clarification on the subject which you claimed changed the teaching. But then you have refused to cite such teachings which, if true, I would find interesting in studying.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
That is a nice synopsis of the Greatest commandment.
Can you do the same for the 'second' commandment?

BigJohn, anyone can, it's not hard to love your neighbor as yourself? I wouldn't do anything intentionally to hurt myself. I wouldn't pass false witness against myself. I'M NOT going to mistreat myself... for me or anyone else! I love myself, and I'm not going to allow anyone to make me feel any other way about myself. because Jehovah God and Jesus loves me. and I know they Love ALL of us, especially Jehovah God. or he wouldn't have sent his first born to suffer and die for us. also Jesus could have been disobedient like some of his fallen brothers, and said NO, but he didn't!

so who am I to even THINK!.. that I'm better then those two Beings. that I have the right to treat ANYONE, in a way that's NOT pleasing to them. as I stated to a few here, "I Love you", even if they don't feel the same. it's all good, and I'm not looking for it. because it comes from the Heart. Jehovah God gives ALL of us the ability to LOVE. we can use it and show his light. or don't and show who's really leading us ,(1Cor.4:4). hurtling or seeing others hurt isn't something I find appealing. peace
Old 06-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
There will be no punishment

shy, if you're going to believe some parts of the Bible, why not believe ALL parts? you say there will be NO punishment? why do you think Jesus gave those two commandments? if we don't love mankind, since we're ALL THE SAME, which is imperfect humans. and we REFUSE to love Jehovah God, do you think we would be part of the "Righteous" who will gain salvation? if we don't love God, that would makes us his enemy. and if we don't love mankind, then we would be following in satan's steps.

since he's on the attack of ALL humans. see ,(1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour). and (Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens, and you that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabited of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he know that he hath but a short time).

yes, there will be a punishment, we can be fooled into believing it won't! ,(Pro. 8:36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death”). see also (Psa. 81:15 Those who hate the Lord would bow before him. Their punishment would continue forever). kjv say..."fate would endure forever", it's footnote- "time." peace
Old 06-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
As you are fully aware, I did not start a Post regarding the 1st & 2nd Command-ments". The Bible has no Command-ments. That word you used is a distortion of what is written and resonates with mockery.

You also claimed that the Buddha's teachings which I referenced also says "'Penalty ' which is NOT a punishment." As I wrote previously, what you claimed Buddha taught is just not true. The word "Penalty" can not be found by me in that teaching!

I asked you to cite this teaching of Buddha which you so far refuse to do.

Something you might find interesting is something Buddha taught. It reads:

"1. A deliberate lie is to be confessed."

This teaching can be found in
Pācittiya: Rules entailing confession

Part One: The Lie Chapter

' I asked you to cite this teaching of Buddha which you so far refuse to do.'

The Article you Posted is NOT Buddha's Teaching therefore I cannot cite it for you .

It is Monastic Rules NOT Dhamma , you should know the difference through your Buddhists Wife/Daughter and Family explaining to you.

I did ask you for the Sutta/Sutra which you didn't give me. If you read the WHOLE article you Posted from you will see ' Penalty ' used many times...

So who will PUNISH you if you don't follow the 1st & 2nd Command-ment. ?
The word Command-ment is not a mockery at all, it is what it is.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
shy, if you're going to believe some parts of the Bible, why not believe ALL parts? you say there will be NO punishment? why do you think Jesus gave those two commandments? if we don't love mankind, since we're ALL THE SAME, which is imperfect humans. and we REFUSE to love Jehovah God, do you think we would be part of the "Righteous" who will gain salvation? if we don't love God, that would makes us his enemy. and if we don't love mankind, then we would be following in satan's steps.

since he's on the attack of ALL humans. see ,(1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour). and (Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens, and you that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabited of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he know that he hath but a short time).

yes, there will be a punishment, we can be fooled into believing it won't! ,(Pro. 8:36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death”). see also (Psa. 81:15 Those who hate the Lord would bow before him. Their punishment would continue forever). kjv say..."fate would endure forever", it's footnote- "time." peace

Who will do the Punishing?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
BigJohn, anyone can, it's not hard to love your neighbor as yourself? I wouldn't do anything intentionally to hurt myself. I wouldn't pass false witness against myself. I'M NOT going to mistreat myself... for me or anyone else! I love myself, and I'm not going to allow anyone to make me feel any other way about myself. because Jehovah God and Jesus loves me. and I know they Love ALL of us, especially Jehovah God. or he wouldn't have sent his first born to suffer and die for us. also Jesus could have been disobedient like some of his fallen brothers, and said NO, but he didn't!

so who am I to even THINK!.. that I'm better then those two Beings. that I have the right to treat ANYONE, in a way that's NOT pleasing to them. as I stated to a few here, "I Love you", even if they don't feel the same. it's all good, and I'm not looking for it. because it comes from the Heart. Jehovah God gives ALL of us the ability to LOVE. we can use it and show his light. or don't and show who's really leading us ,(1Cor.4:4). hurtling or seeing others hurt isn't something I find appealing. peace

Ah but you see Jojo, people do things to hurt themselves, they do mistreat themselves so as I have mention previously......

How do you love your Neighbour AS yourself when some people unfortunately DON'T love themselves. Doesn't make sense does It ?.
Closed Thread