Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Experiencer
Nut smoothie update

Well, I tried the sesame oil this morning in my hazelnut milk.

First I had a glass of just hazelnut milk, which is hazelnut, sesame and flax seeds, cocoa nibs and oats, and a pinch of salt. Low calorie sweetener.
That had more then enough taste by itself. It was still warm from the machine. All the pulp was scooped back in the milk.
It's like being saved by heaven.

Then I tried a second glass with some sesame oil drops. The bottle has a cap in the mouth with a very tiny opening so you just add it drop by drop.
I am still not so sure wether it made it better or not. It made it more oily and there was indeed some particular sesame/nut taste present. But I don't know if it combines so well with the overall sweet taste of the milk-smoothie.

Actually I bought the oil for home made peanut butter. I think I will stick to that and it's probably great for salads too. I think it will be empty soon enough anyway.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Master
I'm glad you enjoyed it mogenblue! I was wondering how good mixing oil with milk would had tasted.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Experiencer
Thank you deyheaven.

Oil mixes fine with nutmilk. Nuts already contain oil from their own. Same goes for soymilk. When it settles overnight it usually separates, so you have to stir it up to mix it again.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Master
I had no idea how hard this was going to be till today I was at a BBQ party this afternoon and everything they served was meat! Ohh.. and it smelled so good! My mouth was getting watery. But I did manage to eat other stuff that had no meat. I'm very proud of myself for not giving into temptation in a situation like that. I survived my first BBQ without eating meat!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
I had no idea how hard this was going to be till today I was at a BBQ party this afternoon and everything they served was meat! Ohh.. and it smelled so good! My mouth was getting watery. But I did manage to eat other stuff that had no meat. I'm very proud of myself for not giving into temptation in a situation like that. I survived my first BBQ without eating meat!

Congratulations, girl.
When I passed a butchery in the beginning it was difficult for me too. I saw all that nice meat displayed and thought, boy, it's been such a long time, it must be really tasty to have some right now. Extra tasty since it had been so long already.
I didn't give in either.

But when it's happening right under your nose like with a BBC it's even more difficult. The smell.
Great job!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Master
Thanks mogenblue!! I like having control of myself! :)
Old 14-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Natasharabbit

My brother was a big meat eater, though after finding out about inhumane factory farms where the majority of animals are kept and the cruel treatment of gentle bobby calves in the dairy industry, he knew he couldn't support those practices anymore.
He now has changed his diet. Though he loves seafood. He stills eats fish.
Old 14-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasharabbit
My brother was a big meat eater, though after finding out about inhumane factory farms where the majority of animals are kept and the cruel treatment of gentle bobby calves in the dairy industry, he knew he couldn't support those practices anymore.
He now has changed his diet. Though he loves seafood. He stills eats fish.

I find most people are very ignorant about what is really going on. My brother is very offended and saying animals are supposed to be eaten blah blah blah but then claims the animals aren't tortured then says not all farms are like that...except you know.99% of them are. People just really don't know and have been deeply conditioned. So many societal conditions people have and and this is one of many.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 14-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
People just really don't know and have been deeply conditioned. So many societal conditions people have and and this is one of many.

I agree with that. I think it's very difficult to change that.
Old 19-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Experiencer

I think it may be called a flexitarian. I eat fish and eat cage free eggs where the hens have enough space to make nests.