Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Guide
Tealily, please let me know what you think of Shadowscapes as that is the deck I want to get. What do you think of it's accuracy once you test it out, things like that. lol
Old 01-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Rising
Tealily, please let me know what you think of Shadowscapes as that is the deck I want to get. What do you think of it's accur
acy once you test it out, things like that. lol

Yeah, Tealily, what do you think of them overall? Would like to hear your opinion as I know it took you a while to finally them..

I wanted to buy another deck of Shadowscapes but they were sold out on Amazon. I think they are the most subtle, romantic and heart felt cards I have used to date. I am in awe of the details on the cards, and the energy for me on a personal level felt right overall.
They are rather 'soft' in delivering a message. Also, the cards are thin and on the smaller scale. When they are back in stock I will buy another pair!
Old 01-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I love love love my sacred geometry set. Rich and mystical.

What I have found is I have a very geometric brain, love lines and shapes and so these cards seem to unlock something in my psyche, and I think that is what different cards do, it's not a case of recommendations it is working out what makes your soul sing and then matching it with the cards. Cards which I think should resonate don't necessarily.

other things which are good for me are bright colours - osho zen - lovely strong colours. pastels - and my psyche switches off.

I looked these up. They are on my wishlist! Stunning, just stunning, Belle! I said not more Oracles for myself... but these are amazing.

Also, on my wish list is Urban Tarot. This deck I WANT!

Today I bought Golden Universal Tarot Deck It's the classic Rider deck, but with fancy gold trimming ( more bolder art look). Back to basics, I really want to learn them inside and out. No more buying cards until I master the basics. Thereafter, Ill reward myself with buying the good stuff. Bought a journal guidebook too, so it's time for some work!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Master

@ Clover

Shadowscapes is undeniably gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing. I've used it for the odd general/love question, but like all cards, a) accuracy depends on the reader, not the cards and b) it's down to personal preference.

I'll be honest and say the cards are largely in their box and un-used. I see them as the "supermodel" of my tarot toolkit at the moment - gorgeous but not suitable for everyday use. As they're quite detailed sometimes I really have to think about what they mean, rather than the more simple cards/different decks where the meaning usually jumps out at me/throws itself at me. For me, one of these seems easier to use than the other (I am a bit of a speed demon)
Old 12-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Pathfinder

I am looking at purchasing Doreen Virtue Angel Tarot Cards does anybody have a set and if so how do you find them are they good or are there any others you would recommend? Namaste xxx
Old 12-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I looked these up. They are on my wishlist! Stunning, just stunning, Belle! I said not more Oracles for myself... but these are amazing.

Also, on my wish list is Urban Tarot. This deck I WANT!

Today I bought Golden Universal Tarot Deck It's the classic Rider deck, but with fancy gold trimming ( more bolder art look). Back to basics, I really want to learn them inside and out. No more buying cards until I master the basics. Thereafter, Ill reward myself with buying the good stuff. Bought a journal guidebook too, so it's time for some work!

When you get the Urban Tarot, let me know what you think of the physical deck. I only have the app. I know there's a special guide book about the Urban Tarot that's extra. Have you been on the website yet?
Old 13-09-2016, 01:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
When you get the Urban Tarot, let me know what you think of the physical deck. I only have the app. I know there's a special guide book about the Urban Tarot that's extra. Have you been on the website yet?

Hi AQ,
I have not purchased yet. I usually purchase a deck twice a month, im thinking in the next few months i will. You know ill be the first to brag on here Lol. Had Urban tarot been available on amazon i would have purchased immediately . I did go on the web page, the handbook is out of stock...bummer. i would need both as im still newb

Soooooo... on my next purchase i am looking at the following

1. Wisdom of the oracle, seems like all the Gals on here use this...

2.sacred geometry oracle

3.Nefetari tarot by Lo Scabero ....

Really want this! *drools*

[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by reamac
im looking at purchasing Doreen Virtue Angel Tarot Cards does anybody have a set and if so how do you find them are they good or are there any others you would recommend? Namaste

Hi Reamac,

I dont know too many people here that use Doreen Virtues cards, she has a strong loyal fan base, many would consider her on the softer or safer side. Either way, i am sure her messages are just as effective. I have her Past Life cards. I dont use them, i bought them when i first started out so i was oblivious. Not an easy deck if your starting out, but the deck has some powerful energy!! Will use them someday

I was such a scary cat when i first started, i purchased The Souls Journey, life lessons by james van praagh. I loved these, and the messages are firm and effective, most of all very inspiring. The mandala art is also very captivating. Great price compared to some of the more expensive tarots i bought.

Lastly, it appears as a lot of the ladies here use, wisdom of the oracle
Old 13-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hi AQ,
I have not purchased yet. I usually purchase a deck twice a month, im thinking in the next few months i will. You know ill be the first to brag on here Lol. Had Urban tarot been available on amazon i would have purchased immediately . I did go on the web page, the handbook is out of stock...bummer. i would need both as im still newb

Soooooo... on my next purchase i am looking at the following

1. Wisdom of the oracle, seems like all the Gals on here use this...

2.sacred geometry oracle

3.Nefetari tarot by Lo Scabero ....

Really want this! *drools*

[E]

Hi Reamac,

I dont know too many people here that use Doreen Virtues cards, she has a strong loyal fan base, many would consider her on the softer or safer side. Either way, i am sure her messages are just as effective. I have her Past Life cards. I dont use them, i bought them when i first started out so i was oblivious. Not an easy deck if your starting out, but the deck has some powerful energy!! Will use them someday

I was such a scary cat when i first started, i purchased The Souls Journey, life lessons by james van praagh. I loved these, and the messages are firm and effective, most of all very inspiring. The mandala art is also very captivating. Great price compared to some of the more expensive tarots i bought.

Lastly, it appears as a lot of the ladies here use, wisdom of the oracle

Thank you so much Clover that has helped me so much. Yes Doreen Virtue cards are very gentle and I feel some people need gentle if that make sense. I will have a look at the decks you've mentioned, do you use Amazon or is there a cheaper place I can purchase cards? Namaste X
Old 13-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Master

^ Collette Baron-Reid's stuff is also very gentle; I'd highly recommend her 'Wisdom of the Oracle' deck.

My main issue with Doreen Virtue is that it's consciously rose-coloured, ie it will only tell you nice fluffy things. Whilst I believe there's a place for this, if I'm at the edge of a proverbial cliff, I don't want to be told about nice things - I want to be told "STEP BACK, THIS IS A BAD IDEA" . It may also depend on how you want to use the deck - eg as a standalone "pull one card out to meditate on", there's probably no issues, but if you're using it to try and find truths/help you navigate life's pitfalls, potentially not helpful.
Old 13-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Deactivated Account

@Reamac, i agree about gentleness, thats what I admire most about the Tarot market, there is something for all different comfort levels. Doreen acutally has a childrens oracles for kids, it has bunnies and inspiring messages, lol. I though it was pretty brilliant. She also has a Unicorn oracle I was thinking of getting for myself, for collection purposes. Only 10 ish bucks!

I found online purchasing to be cheaper, both Amazon and even Walmart online seem to share the same brokers. At Barns N Nobles your paying 3 to 5 dollars more than online... However, I have the Prime membership with Amazon so I dont pay shipping fees..

@Tealily, aka, The B slap from the Universe. haha . i Iike a mixtre of both, I was getting swords all week ...got so fed up I busted out my shadowscapes and Natures Whispers Oracles... Unicorns andFaries are comforting