Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celera
To what "Satanic Bible" are you referring, Niebla?

In any case, you cannot sell your soul because it is not a possession. It is not what you have, it is what you are. You can make unwise commitments, you can slide into addiction, you can do other things that for a time impede your own rightful freedoms. But your self/soul is not for sale.

Xenobia, if you are beginning to doubt everything you once took for granted, this seems an odd place to start.

One of my favorite movies is "What Dreams May Come". Annie could not bear
to go on without her family and so committed suicide and was lost in her despair.

Chris goes after her and brings her back.

Love is the most powerful force--self-love--the most powerful of all.

When we can find the will to love ourselves in ways that nurture and heal--that is the kind of magick that can cure anything--that is a miracle.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Jane
I get what CrystalSong is saying. I think of it as a 'waste' too in that you would not make progress where you could have moved faster were it not for the distractions.

We are all lost to our own belief, to our own truth. If being lost is a waste, then we are all wasting our time.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:26 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Librarian
We are all lost to our own belief, to our own truth. If being lost is a waste, then we are all wasting our time.

Alas...it seems as though we humans learn more from adversity--our pain acts as the catalyst that pushes us onward.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
One of my favorite movies is "What Dreams May Come". Annie could not bear
to go on without her family and so committed suicide and was lost in her despair.

Chris goes after her and brings her back.

Love is the most powerful force--self-love--the most powerful of all.

When we can find the will to love ourselves in ways that nurture and heal--that is the kind of magick that can cure anything--that is a miracle.

What a beautiful post. (And one of my favourite films too.)
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
What a beautiful post. (And one of my favourite films too.)

Thank you--Squatchit.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Alas...it seems as though we humans learn more from adversity--our pain acts as the catalyst that pushes us onward.

My words are sufficient, and I agree with myself that I probably do not even understand your reply. It might just be that in a storm there is more things to attend to than during a summer morning breeze. If we stay in the breeze for the same amount of wind that we stood in the storm for, then maybe the amount we learn is equal?

Quote:
Western philosophy is traditionally concerned with contrasting one grid with another grid, and amending grids in hopes of finding a perfect one that will account for all reality and will, hence, (say unenlightened westerners) be true. This is illusory; it is what we Erisians call the Aneristic Illusion. Some grids can be more useful than others, some more beautiful than others, some more pleasant than others, etc., but none can be more True than any other.