Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenobia87
Yes to sell your soul to the devil. This has been great topic among my friends. They believe that there is heaven and hell. I my self aren't so sure. I used to believe but now i'm just questioning everything i used to believe. Mayby there is no god, now fate, there is just us, people, making choices that we either go left or right. But i still believe that we all have a soul. But if the soul is ours why can't we do what ever we want to about it? It's ours.

I think i'm either having some kind of crisis concerning what to believe or i'm going mental breakdown.

You are just trying to find your way and make sense of all this, as indeed we all are.
Your soul is not yours to sell! It belongs to God. He has only loaned it to you - and you have to take it back...When you're ready.

The spiritual journey is a wonderful voyage of discovery, which is yours to experience.
But start from here - the fundamental law of the universe - we reap what we sow, so sow good.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
I think it can be surrendered ...
There are many metaphors including, "Selling your soul to the Devil" used as strong descriptions for surrendering one's soul to unscrupulously gather possessions...
They are used as a deterrent as well as to identify immoral/unethical behavior ...
There is no gain in gathering objects or people in this egotistical manner ...
One can restore light/goodness to their soul at the high cost of relentless emotional pain ...
But first one must have self awareness including acceptance of the truth ...

I like this--with one stipulation--the truth is subjective and one's perception of truth is usually altered over time.

I've known people who have lost themselves to drugs--those who have lost themselves to someone else--those who have lost themselves to material gain--those who have lost themselves to competition.

We get distracted by images that we see (on television--in magazines--etc.).

I think the Buddhists have it right..."The majority of the illness in this world is created by over-consumption.".

Most people are so involved in vanity and greed that they would do anything to have that new phone, that new outfit, that new car, that hot date--but most of us never even see the moment when we lose ourselves in the pursuit of our desires.

Just because we want something--doesn't mean we should have it.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Dream Librarian

Personally I do not have a soul, yet I cannot see why you cannot sell a physical part of your being. The only possible struggle I see is if you stay attached to the part of you that you sell (in one way or another)...
Old 03-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenobia87
Yes to sell your soul to the devil. This has been great topic among my friends. They believe that there is heaven and hell. I my self aren't so sure. I used to believe but now i'm just questioning everything i used to believe. Mayby there is no god, now fate, there is just us, people, making choices that we either go left or right. But i still believe that we all have a soul. But if the soul is ours why can't we do what ever we want to about it? It's ours.

I think i'm either having some kind of crisis concerning what to believe or i'm going mental breakdown.

I'm of the belief it is a Jesus said, heaven and hell are both here simultaneously and depending on the content of our thoughts determines what we experience which can range from hell to heaven.

Having experienced multidimensional through Spirit I don't believe it can be bought or sold or otherwise enslaved. However the contents of our thoughts can sell our minds to many dumb ideas in which we end up wasting this life in pursuing meaningless materialism and consumer-ship, endlessly longing for that which isn't ours, pursuing pieces of paper (academic and money) and so on.

If a person never got to know their spirit and only believed they were their mind/thoughts/memories a wasted life in the body could feel like selling one's soul most likely.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Having experienced multidimensional through Spirit I don't believe it can be bought or sold or otherwise enslaved. However the contents of our thoughts can sell our minds to many dumb ideas in which we end up wasting this life in pursuing meaningless materialism and consumer-ship, endlessly longing for that which isn't ours, pursuing pieces of paper (academic and money) and so on.

If a person never got to know their spirit and only believed they were their mind/thoughts/memories a wasted life in the body could feel like selling one's soul most likely.

Why do you think of that as a waste of a life(time)?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Deactivated Account

I get what CrystalSong is saying. I think of it as a 'waste' too in that you would not make progress where you could have moved faster were it not for the distractions. Not that we don't learn from mistakes of course.

So my take on it would be that it's just an expression to "sell your soul." One can definitely get mired in temptations and distractions and lose ground. I'm guessing it is unlikely to be SO distracted you can't let go and "turn around toward the light," but I suppose also it's possible to get so entrenched with darkness you really couldn't do it alone.

From what I've read and learned, about every possible variation and interaction exists - a lot like in 3D nature. Mediums and other metaphysicists have said this. So I can't rule out something like possession and exorcism; rather I'd guess they are very extreme and rare cases. Then there is what's more common, what probably applies to 99% of folks- with some awareness and prayer and healing, insights and growth will be gained and the soul's path can be self-directed. But, yeah, "selling your soul" is just a term for shunning the light. Some do this out of fear, tragic paralyzing fear that makes them deny their true selves and their mistakes simply because they aren't open to a loving forgiving God and angelic guidance- that they DO deserve and IS always available to them. That's why it's so tragic- that they are NOT really "bad" but are so fearful of their own guilt they cut themselves off from the gifts that would benefit them the most.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Jane
I get what CrystalSong is saying. I think of it as a 'waste' too in that you would not make progress where you could have moved faster were it not for the distractions. Not that we don't learn from mistakes of course.

So my take on it would be that it's just an expression to "sell your soul." One can definitely get mired in temptations and distractions and lose ground. I'm guessing it is unlikely to be SO distracted you can't let go and "turn around toward the light," but I suppose also it's possible to get so entrenched with darkness you really couldn't do it alone.

From what I've read and learned, about every possible variation and interaction exists - a lot like in 3D nature. Mediums and other metaphysicists have said this. So I can't rule out something like possession and exorcism; rather I'd guess they are very extreme and rare cases. Then there is what's more common, what probably applies to 99% of folks- with some awareness and prayer and healing, insights and growth will be gained and the soul's path can be self-directed. But, yeah, "selling your soul" is just a term for shunning the light. Some do this out of fear, tragic paralyzing fear that makes them deny their true selves and their mistakes simply because they aren't open to a loving forgiving God and angelic guidance- that they DO deserve and IS always available to them. That's why it's so tragic- that they are NOT really "bad" but are so fearful of their own guilt they cut themselves off from the gifts that would benefit them the most.

Greetings AstralJane and CrystalSong:

I can agree with several things that you have both said.

However--IMHO--it really does not matter what we call it...I have seen people taken over by their attachments and lost--some make it back--but most do not.

Addiction (in whatever form it may take) is a terrible and tragic thing. Addicts forsake their dignity--the well-being of their loved-ones and themselves--and will do whatever they have to do in order to have their desires met.

People refer to it as "selling one's sole--because of the Christian concept--and who among us hasn't heard of the Faustian deal with the Devil--but it all equates to the same thing and it takes a miracle for someone to come back from the abyss and remain free of their addictions.

In the neighborhood where we raised our family--the reality of it was all around us on a daily basis.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Master

You could sell your soul , I dont think they could claim it .
Old 09-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Niebla0007

Whatever else to expect from a Satanic Bible but stuff such as selling your soul to the devil?
The closest to it I found in the bible is the verse
Mark 8:36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
(should have pointed out that resurrection comes after dying first, too)

Your soul is not even yours to sell.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Knower
To what "Satanic Bible" are you referring, Niebla?

In any case, you cannot sell your soul because it is not a possession. It is not what you have, it is what you are. You can make unwise commitments, you can slide into addiction, you can do other things that for a time impede your own rightful freedoms. But your self/soul is not for sale.

Xenobia, if you are beginning to doubt everything you once took for granted, this seems an odd place to start.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl