Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 24-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Seeker
Fear is and has been an incredibly useful tool for keeping humans alive but sometimes fear gets out of hand and can take control of you.

I have an anxiety disorder which means my natural fear responses are out of balans.

Fear is normal and keeps you alive but it can also get out of balance and destroy lifes.
Old 24-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
People can be VERY mean.

No kidding, shouldn't be so surprising when 90% of humanity is already messed up.
Old 25-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Master

I agree Völvawitch. You've got a double portion of the anxiety and fear to deal with than most. Never-the-less, I think you've got a good healthy outlook on the situation.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:16 AM
Master
So all of you say fear is healthy and necessary.

What about people that don't fear anything?
Their idea of fun is doing dangerous stunts to raise adrenaline?
Are they stunting their growth?
Old 27-11-2016, 02:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
So all of you say fear is healthy and necessary.

What about people that don't fear anything?
Their idea of fun is doing dangerous stunts to raise adrenaline?
Are they stunting their growth?

I don't think the fact that they do dangerous stunts can be taken to mean they are afraid of nothing. It may be they just haven't been presented with the thing that scares them, and so may be inclined to think no such thing exists.
Old 27-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Master

You answered it yourself Khallianen. The do it to get that adrenaline fix. If they weren't scared they wouldn't get the spike in adrenaline.

I'm beginning to think a healthy portion of fear is healthy and necessary, yes.
Old 29-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I came across this line of thought the other day.

A healthy fear keeps us moving when we, otherwise might become inattentive. Fear gives us added strength to avoid accidents. Fear is an advocate which gives us added power, motivation and makes us overcome our propensity to idleness.

Fear keeps us learning, otherwise we would have to face the Teacher, Guide, or Learned Master with our ignorance; or at the least we would appear unequal to our peers.

If we remembered life on The Other Side, we would not be able to tolerate the hardships here, therefore many have implanted a fear of death within them. I would say this would hold true for the younger souls.

As a fear of fear queen in the past, I can relate. Fear was my safe companion even though I didn't want to feel it and let go into what was on the other side of it. It kept things tightly reined so I could control my reality. Once I unplugged the fear to feel fear, naturally things moved much like this quote speaks.

The saying. "Feel the fear and do it anyway" allows me now to see and feel the empowerment in fear. How fear can propel in ways I never really knew could be whilst I was unwilling to feel it's presence and let it guide me deeper into myself and life.

Fear has been a great teacher, it really does propel things and open ways of being, that we can sometimes settle into our little and bigger comfort zones of being. It stirs me now to investigate and know that it can be a driving force, rather than a contained force. It stirs me into breaking through and being more free to be myself.

Fear of death is a fear that definitely infuses life, with a limitation of being more open and living more fully.

Its a bit like taking the bull by the horns and letting the bull steer you in a direction you know could well be dangerous and death defying through old perception fear, but the new perception on the other side now reflecting, that that bull ride, could well be the ride of your life leading you places you never thought possible until you faced it head on in this way..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 07-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
You answered it yourself Khallianen. The do it to get that adrenaline fix. If they weren't scared they wouldn't get the spike in adrenaline.

I'm beginning to think a healthy portion of fear is healthy and necessary, yes.

I was actually writing about myself. I have no fear about anything anymore or at least I don't react to things with a fearful approach.

I believe this statement I've read in a book on healing could explain this better:
Quote:
When we have grown beyond the need for particular fear or pain, it will leave us for good.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Suspended
"Fear what's right to fear, and not at the wrong times."

Sums up my view on fear.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Master

Simple and to the point WuWei.