Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-03-2024, 10:23 AM
Master
Ostara

I'm going to the Ostara celebration by a woman that's trained as Priestess of Avalon. So she does everything the Avalon way, which sometimes deviates from how I've learnt things.

The location is a huge permaculture organisation, the celebration inside its huge greenhouse in which they made a larger workshop area.
Outdoors is a wood circle, so like Stonehenge, but then with tree trunks.
Weather allowing, we go there to do a ritual, get a fire going in the centre, and some have drums.
But we start indoors with her telling about the celebration & Goddess, in this case concerning Ostara. Then there's a meditation and a short & sweet activity. Like last year we made a crown with ivy and curly string etc. for Beltane.

I'm a bit nervous about it. It's always fun, some people in the group are great, others I don't resonate with. A few always cast me disapproving looks. Maybe it's my imagination, hihi.
But because I'm not good with groups I am nervous.
At the same time looking forward to it as it's always fun :)
Old 17-03-2024, 01:15 PM
Master

Oh my... I want this... I want to celebrate spring.... I want to be with nature....... How do I do that??? I want it!!!!
Old 18-03-2024, 03:44 PM
Master
Yesterday was great!
We opened the circle the Avalon way, which includes not just S W N E but the in between directions as well, and calling on the goddesses of all respective 8 directions whilst turning to face it.
After each direction we breathe in the energy of the resp. goddesses, people with drums beat it and others clap while facing the centre altar again, saying "be welcome [name of Goddess]".

Then someone told a short story of the origins of the Easter bunny, which was followed by a meditation while a woman used sound bowls.
That was so wonderful!

There's always a short & sweet creative ritual thing, or making something we can use. This time we got an Easter egg with a hole drilled in it and at the altar were sets of small pots with resp. rice for nourishment, tiny crystals for clarity, and peppercorn mix for passion.
We were to put some of each in our egg and then tape over the hole. It could then be used as a shaker to make sound during the songs & dance with shaman drums, and of course we got to take it home with us.
I loved it!

We danced, many had drums with them. I actually felt called to check out the stand with things you could buy from the woman who organises these events so I went over there to nose around.
But then suddenly the singing and drumming changed and there was one drum in particular, from a woman who does shaman drum (healing) sessions, that literally called me back into the circle to join in and dance.
I could not resist it, that drum moved me so deeply I still get goosebumps as I now type about it.
It pull was powerful!
Afterwards I asked what it was, she said a shaman drum, which wasn't what I wanted to know, hihi, I got a shaman drum myself, have done sound healing too, so I know what it is. I wanted to know what type of skin was on that drum.
But the celebration moved on to someone else wanting to do an event so there was no time and later on we both forgot.

We didn't go outside to the woodcircle as it was raining, hence doing all the dancing, drumming, chanting/singing etc. indoors.

It was a great afternoon, and I'm glad I went.

A few photos of yesterday's Ostara celebration

Old 18-03-2024, 05:40 PM
Master

So sweet!!! Glad it was great... Hey I thought it wouldve been at 20 (in two days)???
Old 18-03-2024, 08:23 PM
Master
Correct, but it's handier to do a celebration on a Sunday than a Wednesday. You wouldn't get many people then as it's a working day :)
Old 18-03-2024, 08:31 PM
Master

Ahh I get it!!! Im glad, its not too late!!! I was still making a plan and manifesting hehe