Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 13-12-2023, 04:12 PM
Master
Another piece done! Yeehaaa!! I'm very happy with it.

Old 14-12-2023, 04:19 AM
Master

Oh my GOD are you kidding me ??
Just when we think it's finished you throw in something else completely unexpected !!!
You don't need me to tell you how much big/ wild cats mean to me !
Just Brilliant.
Old 14-12-2023, 10:08 AM
Master
Thank you, AngelBlue.

I never said it was finished, hihi. It still isn't, although now it's mostly finishing details.
Old 14-12-2023, 10:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Thank you, AngelBlue.

I never said it was finished, hihi. It still isn't, although now it's mostly finishing details.
I know you didn't ..... But I think I was thinking we had all the "bones" of it in situ LOL...
Then you go and throw in a leopard .....
I mean I had to have a week's therapy cos I knew there'd be no blue...
But this is just amazing.
You would have to be me to understand how much I fell in love with a leopard in real life.
( But I'm not nuts , I promise , in case you were wondering !...)

I'm bowled over with it.
The colour and authenticity of the greens and greys is outstanding.
Old 14-12-2023, 01:18 PM
Master
Thank you so much!
It wasn't until I did the jaguar/leopard in my own way of painting instead of following someone else's lead that I got it right. You will not believe how many hours I spent on it! Insane!
Until I decided to sod it and do it my way. I have discovered that more and more of late that I just have to stick to my own style to have it work out, about time I remember that and not stray.
Just shows that after years of painting I really found my own way of doing things to get a specific result. And my way often deviates from how another does it. Everyone clearly has their own technique and brushes to get things done.
Like Bob Ross being able to do an outstanding job with a fan brush. All I can do with one is create foam on waves. If I try to use it for anything else it just ends up in a tantrum, hahaha.

As for blue... there is quite a lot of blue in mixes in this painting. For instance to get more bluish green in shadow areas, but also in the greys for rock and stone. Sometimes along with purple.
I've also used blue in the base coat of the jaguar/leopard. A bluish gray, mix of ultramarine, white, black. You don't see much of that anymore, yet it does affect the layers you paint over the top of it all.

So even if you don't actually see much blue except for the sky, there is quite a lot of blue used everywhere. All ultramarine, bar for the sky.
Old 14-12-2023, 01:22 PM
Master
Oh, and btw also did some darker areas in the shrub that overgrows that statue head in the foreground.
I'd gotten carried away when doing the leafs, all one by one with a liner, and when done I noticed it had gotten too light. I'd killed too much of the shadow areas. So yesterday I corrected that.
Small detail but very effective. It looks so much better now. More depth, more natural.
Often it's the small things that make a painting look good, right?!
Old 15-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Administrator
It is looking really good you see something different every time you look

Namaste
Old 15-12-2023, 01:25 PM
Master
Thank you, Native!
That's how I feel about it myself as well, hihi.
Sections of the painting could've been a painting in their own right.
Old 16-12-2023, 08:04 AM
Master

Oh sorry, a jaguar. I always forget jaguars are not always black !
But I will think of him as a leopard haha.
Yes, I can imagine that blues were used in the mixing along with other colours.
And yes you're right about sometimes it's the little details that can make a painting .
I'm thinking of what looks like two creases on the jaguar because I've got photos of my leopard laid, but "sat up" if you know what I mean , and he's got two creases of skin like that on the back of his neck.
Old 16-12-2023, 11:44 AM
Master
Oh well, both a leopard and a jaguar have such rosettas. A jaguar typically has a dot in the centre of them, which I had wanted to do, but failed as the spots were so small and I don't have a liner No 1 but a No 2. I always thought that was small, but with the way I'm painting now it's like a huge DIY brush, a bull in a China shop. After having to redo the outlines of some spots a few times I decided to leave it.
I will have to get myself a smaller rigger/liner, nr 1 or maybe 0.