Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 24-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Knower
A sinister woodland race

I had a dream of this race of a malevolent species that lived in the forests and in the inside of haunted houses that was after me I just wonder if they are real or not...

They have a green colored hue to their skin and very creepy looking eyes and the majority of them have long black hair they all carry a stick of bamboo and move very slowly like zombies.

Are they a real type of entity? If so it would be cool to know more about them
Old 24-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Master
Dave, the Green Men are embedded in the legends of British mythology. When our remote ancestors first came to this island from the flooded plain of the North Sea basin, they found a scary land of endless forest, home to wolf, bear, boar, and deer etc. They also found that the forest was home to the Green Spirits of Nature. Capricious entities, neither friend or foe, who had to be persuaded to help by leaving offerings at special places in the forest. They were known by many names - Green Men, Wild Men, Hob, Robin Goodfellow and many more. This was the origin of the Robin Hood legend and they even entered Arthurian legend. The relationship changed when iron came to the land and was used to make axes to deforest the land. However, the "special" places remained as portals or doorways to the Spirit World and are still used by those with the knowledge.

The Green Man

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/310c6446.jpg

Last edited by norseman : 24-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 24-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler
I had a dream of this race of a malevolent species that lived in the forests and in the inside of haunted houses that was after me I just wonder if they are real or not...

They have a green colored hue to their skin and very creepy looking eyes and the majority of them have long black hair they all carry a stick of bamboo and move very slowly like zombies.

Are they a real type of entity? If so it would be cool to know more about them

Hmmm, wouldnt suprise me that you were visited by actual entities like thi s- If you had bad vibes from them-- (you can always tell from their eyes as well- even if they pretend to be "nice") then they, no doubt, are one of the races of Beings that thrive on fear or chaos. Sounds like the dark side won them over many eons ago.

Thankfully, there are races of interdimensional Beings who refuse to become like that.
Old 24-06-2012, 09:06 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Dave, the Green Men are embedded in the legends of British mythology. When our remote ancestors first came to this island from the flooded plain of the North Sea basin, they found a scary land of endless forest, home to wolf, bear, boar, and deer etc. They also found that the forest was home to the Green Spirits of Nature. Capricious entities, neither friend or foe, who had to be persuaded to help by leaving offerings at special places in the forest. They were known by many names - Green Men, Wild Men, Hob, Robin Goodfellow and many more. This was the origin of the Robin Hood legend and they even entered Arthurian legend. The relationship changed when iron came to the land and was used to make axes to deforest the land. However, the "special" places remained as portals or doorways to the Spirit World and are still used by those with the knowledge.

The Green Man

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/310c6446.jpg

reminds me of an episode of the x files... lol
two men went out to survey some land in the woods, plans had been made to cut it down to build a mall or something. they ended up getting attacked by this sort of creature that could blend in with any forest background and had glowing red eyes. they werent necessarily evil, just wanted to protect their land
Old 26-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Master
well nature spirits aren't always, if ever, supposed to be cuddly and cute...being sometimes earthly and otherworldly, appearing eerie might be part of their make up. also it's very easy to add your own slant in a dream. there's such a thing as the meridian clock in chinese medicine and if you're sleeping during the time that a certain meridian that is struggling is having it's high/active phase (12 meridians, 2 hours each) then you are prone to nightmarish dreams or waking/disturbed sleep ast this time. also from what i've read, nature spirits can darken when their habitat is destroyed, i.e. changing the course of a river. appasrently there is much humans can do to help here.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 28-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
well nature spirits aren't always, if ever, supposed to be cuddly and cute...being sometimes earthly and otherworldly, appearing eerie might be part of their make up..

Excellent point.

Expecting another species to respect our priorities, aesthetic tastes or wishes
is perhaps naive. Especially if we invade their terrain uninvited.

Humans don't do this, so why should nature spirits, whose socialized behavior norms may be entirely different from ours.

Asking permission is a tradition in many ancient practices, and perhaps we should adopt this attitude when approaching nature, nature spirits.

One of respect. This was a good reminder for me as well.
Old 19-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Jade F^lcon

The Fair Folk can be quite interesting. Remember these are elder races. They can be quite menacing and intimidating but that does not necessarily mean they are evil. Make sure to feel them with your inuition. That often times will let you know their intentions.
Old 19-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Master
Thread and responses made me think of spriggans from Skyrim..
Old 01-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Jagar Alagoria

Those might be shades or wraiths. they are generally evil creatures, but often won't cause problems unless directly provoked. Keep clear, though; they often herald catastrophy. Or they could be "Fair Folk"- changelings, evil fey, ect. Just be carefull and stay protected as you can. They normally cant hurt you.