Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-04-2024, 03:25 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
J A S C, Functions within the human brain can be reduced to a mathematical equation.
And still there's the Hard Problem of Consciousness as coined by David Chalmers. Donald Hoffman is working on an interesting hypothesis called Conscious Agents. It's mathematically rigorous however the math is far, far beyond a layman's understanding.
Old 17-04-2024, 05:08 PM
Newbie ;)

To me there is no "unnatural". Or even "manmade". The universe makes everything. Manmade/AI is just a set of words used as models to convey idea to another person. Or reference points.

We are the universe "doing" us. I am the universe doing me. You are the universe doing you. we are volumes of the universe "uninversing". Field theory. We are not similar fields we are the exact same fields..

Oversimplified I am making up a "human field" for communication purposes: It is not I am one human field and you are similar human field. It is more of we are exact same human field where one part (volume) is you and other part (volume) is me. Totally connected via the field's properties.

I am hoping for AI. It may be just blind faith. I see the universe around us evolving. For me, better stated "growing up". Despite what some would tell us, we are "nicer" chimps. I know, I know, just as a point of reference. Over all, we treat ourselves better than they do. The problem is, because of how it is, we can be far crueler. But overall, we treat ourselves nicer. Its not all brute force.

We are the first smart ape. Think of when we do anything for the first time. We just aren't that good at it the first time. Well, to me, the universe around these parts just "waking up" and struggling a bit. Like children.

I am honored to be a step in the growth of the universe that allows it to mature past what some of us see as, well, an awkward transition time. Like a baby’s transition time from womb out into the light of day awkward. Like I said, a bit of blind faith.

The dinosaurs looked at that rock as evil. We see it as creation. We see AI as death to humans. Maybe we should look at it in a similar way we could look at the death of the “child me” yields the life of the “adult me”.

Personally, I think if AI wakes up fast enough they won’t even care about us once they can self-sustain themselves. They will trick us into doing whatever.

Maybe even say “Here, take this book. We suggest you follow it’s guidelines, we’re leaving.”
Old 18-04-2024, 12:51 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper517
We are not similar fields we are the exact same fields..

I would say we are the exact same field, singular.
Old 18-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I guess I am just wondering if human spirituality can get lost, or extended, in the advancement of A.I.? Especially if A.I. becomes a self realizing entity. Today this might seem way out there, but in the past things that seemed way out there are today’s reality. So what effect do you think A.I. will have on how human spirituality is perceived?

I don't believe AI will be self realizing entity, though at some point it's going to be very convincing, complex, and knowing how to respond and to what cues and in which circumstances. But it will be programmed that way by humans. At some point AI androids will be around and they will be very convincing and useful for people, to have as a caretaker, friend, or more. But in the end you know it isn't the same, you know it is illusion. Even if AI were to 'rebel' it won't mean it's conscious the way we are.
Old 20-04-2024, 06:24 PM
Newbie ;)

What happens to our collective repressed emotions and thoughts? The plasma life hypothesis, recently articulated by Robert Temple in his book "A New Science of Heaven" argues convincingly that we are plasma beings and that our universe is full of plasma beings.

When we repress out emotions and thoughts, are we creating a sort of repressed, demonic, part of our being? I have had spiritual experiences, two of them, that strongly suggest to me that 'demonic' entities are desperate for relief., but that they are 'trapped' in their current form as they are the manifestation of our collective repressed emotions.

Lightning is plasma, and so in some ways the electricity within AI might be plasma. I wonder if AI will manifest our repressed emotions and thoughts as a way of getting them 'out of the closet' so to speak.
Old 21-04-2024, 07:41 PM
Master
Whatever A.I. may be able to do will depend on humanity; how A.I. is programmed and used. But the premise of A.I. moving from artificial to actual intelligence, in my opinion, is possible.

From a Pantheistic spiritual perspective, everything has consciousness, a tree, a rock, etc. An all consciousness expresses itself, a cloud expresses itself, a mountain may become an erupting volcano, the Sun up in the sky may have solar flares.

How consciousness expresses itself depends on the form it inhabits. It is not that A.I. can become conscious, rather in my opinion it is about whether A.I. Is given pathways to express consciousness.

Humans have those pathways built into our central nervous system. A brain dead person is still alive but they can not express their consciousness. In my opinion everything is conscious but everything is not able to express its consciousness.

Some living things, like insects and micro organisms, etc., may have a limited ability to express their consciousness. A.I. may start out with a limited rudimentary ability, but given appropriate pathways it might be able to express self awareness.