Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Coming2

Dreams of drowning...

Hi I know this is my second post but I was curious what you guys thought. All of my life I have been plagued by dreams that I am drowning. To this day I am terrified of the ocean and being in deep water. When I was little I lived on the beach and loved it. I can go to the lake and swim but I will not go out past where I can stand up. I also cannot watch any movies about people being stranded at see. The movie "The Perfect Storm" literally freaks me out!! I am headed to Florida in a few weeks and I am really anxious about my kids being in the water. It can be so shallow and then drop off. God only knows what lerks down there.

Do you all think this comes from a past life memory?? It is just so overwhelming when I have these dreams and find that afterwards I feel very sad. I am just curious what you all thought about it. I have been regressed before but my memories come from between lives experiences. I never went far enough back to see any past lives. I had a huge post on about what I experienced being close to the Divine Creator before the site went down. Perhaps I will do it again.

Thanks in advance for your insight.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Master
I truly wish I had answers for that, I myself am quite comfy in the water and yet I've known people who are afraid of it, including my sil. But she was smart and had my bro teach the kids to swim. In my early years I was afraid of skulls skeletons and spiders, but now not so much. I am a bit afraid of heights depending on the circumstances. And you know what, recently, I discovered I was afraid of the 'down' escalators and won't use them for fear of falling. Now, I never used to be afraid of them at all, no matter how steep or whatever. Fear of something seems to be triggered by our individual ability to 'imagine' the worst happening with an encounter with heights, the ocean, whatever...so that suggests perhaps a past life experience.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Coming2

Thanks so much for the feedback Silver!! It is so odd that I would fear the ocean and deep water so much. Like I said when I was a child I loved being in the water. Last night I had a memory of something that actually happened to me when I was 20. I had forgotten all about it even though it was terrifying. My dad, little brother and I went out on a small boat in the ocean one summer. A bad storm came blowing in on us and as we were making our way back the boat started to sink about half a mile out to sea. It was so scary!! I had to jump overboard and swim to shore hoping to get the coast guard to help them. I swam and swam and finally reached shore but as I was swimming I couldnt get the overwhelming fear out of my head. Thank goodness it all worked out OK. I got the coast guard and the boat was towed in. I am beginning to wonder now if that experience is not what made me so afraid of the water. A repressed memory that has just come up for me. I still cant shake the dreams of drowning though. They are constant and I see an old man who is worn and weathered with a shaggy white beard in the dream. Perhaps the event that happened when I was younger triggered a past life memory because it was so similar and the odds of me drowning then were high.
Any thoughts??