Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-04-2011, 08:03 AM
swamy jeevan

Past life Regression - is it a form of Hypnotism? Or anythingnelse!

There were great beliefs that most of the illnesses and disorders can be treated with Regression technique, is this correct. Pl give some cases if possible.
Old 17-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Pathfinder

I personally had a pain in my lower shoulder relieved after I had an unexpected past life memory when using EMDR. I found that I was stabbed in the back with a long knife. After this experience I had emotional crying the next day off and on and then the pain in my shoulder went away. It has not returned.

I have read that it can be done during hypnotisis and shamanic journeying.

A good place to start if you are interested in reading are authors Brian Weiss, Robert Schwartzand Michael Newton. Check your local library, if they don't have it, ask them if they do interloans and can get it for you. These authors have recommendations for more authors too. I have read a lot on this topic, but can't think of any other authors.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:32 PM
LaurenAus

I second the recommendation on Michael Newton's books. Love both of his books but especially Destiny of the Souls.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:28 PM
CJ82Sky

i have an old repeatedly damaged shoulder - let's see. in the 1700s is when it first (that i recall and that my reiki master has found) it occurred when my horse fell on me on the beach (more details in my thread about the story of my lives in the soulmates forum). it happened again in a bar fight in deadwood, mt in the 1800s when i had multiple bottles broken over my head and shoulder (that was the one i most remembered). when i had a full reiki session done almost a year ago, it brought up the origin. i worked through the bar fight because for the next several hours i'd get periodic sharp headaches and shoulder aches (yup - as if getting a bottle broken over my head/shoulder...) and it lessened. but because of the initial life where i have some issues remaining here with my father from that life (again more details in soulmates thread) sometimes i find it bothers me. it bothers me much much less than it used to though and now i know WHY it bothers me when it does and can work on releasing it with meditation. it's very rare that it ever bothers me anymore - and just serves as a reminder when i slip into an old pattern ;)

my horse carried a bullet hole in his shoulder from getting shot on the pony express and he carried that around most of this life. some very strong reiki from a master (i'm just a 1) helped tremendously and now you can barely find the dent in his scapula. it used to be a full hole in the bone and people who had no idea what it was from and didn't believe in past lives would ask what the hole in his bone was because you could feel it when grooming him. i'm glad he's finally let that go as well!
Old 20-04-2011, 02:17 PM
clovelly

I cannot give any stories on illnesses, but disorders I can.

I had a boyfriend that wouldn't let me light any candles. He didn't mind anyone else using them, but would get so unreasonably panicky if I did. Then one day, a psychic came up to us, chuckled and asked if my boyfriend banned me from lighting any flames. I said yes, and she explained that he was my brother in a past life and watch me burn at the stake as a witch. He was so traumatised by the event that he carried it with him to this life, worried that I might get burnt again.
Old 20-04-2011, 03:12 PM
CJ82Sky

i also wanted to add that i find that often people get so hung up on learning about their past lvies that it begs the question, "why?" while it is good to learn about and study history so that it does not repeat iteslf, and i feel this applies to past lives as well as on a personal, state, and global level (why else would history class be so important?), getting so wrapped up in the past that we forget to forge a better future is all too common of a mistake made by countries and individuals alike.
Old 20-04-2011, 04:13 PM
LightFilledHeart

Thevalue of examining past lives is to track the origin of situations that did not take their beginning in the here and now. This can be a useful tool in helping people understand their present life situation, but it is not a toy or a game or something to invest in frivolously or to the exclusion of dealing with present day matters.

But to suggest there is no wisdom to be gained by seeking out past lives which are germane to our present day experience would be a lie. As a past life regressionist, I can tell you that everyone I've regressed, without exception, has ONLY been shown lifetimes that pertain to here and now, by way of explaining circumstances, proclivities, challenges, talents, challenging relationships, etc. Having ascertained that knowledge, it is then up to the individual to put it into effect here and now, to assist them on their present day life journey.

Remember this:

In terms of effecting change for the better, THE POINT OF POWER IS IN THE PRESENT!

Always!

We can change the future (we can even change the past!) from our present moment vantage point, and we do so by examining our beliefs and altering our consciousness. Truth.
Old 20-04-2011, 04:32 PM
CJ82Sky

lightfilledheart - im not sure you understood me correctly - i said there WAS value to understanding past lives (as i personally do past life readings and have documented about 10 of mine if not more i can't remember offhand). that said, i feel many people get too hung up and forget to learn the lesson at hand.

i also did forget to mention about the value in tracing an issue to its origin such as an injury or ailment carried over life after life with no explanation this life. i had to do that with a shoulder injury that went back to three lives ago, where i originally thought it was two lives ago.

anyway, i agree there is a benefit, i just see far too many people get hung up on past lives, or blame a situation or relationship on a "past life connection" as if there was some inexplicable power over them - which i do NOT believe. i agree with you 100% in that the point of power for change and growth is in the present.

like with learning about history there is a value to studying it - but not in letting yourself get so caught up in it that you forget the here and now.
Old 20-04-2011, 04:33 PM
CJ82Sky

sorry maybe i misread and that was directed at someone else with regards to suggesting there is no value to past lives "would be a lie" as all my replies in here speak to the contrary quite clearly lol.