Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 14-12-2020, 07:34 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospiritru
You are not going mad.
Thank you....
Old 14-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Oh.....and another thing.... You will all notice that I'm about the ONLY one on the forum that wishes People a happy birthday , and in some cases , pray for them.... ! Nice to know that the other 200.000 can't be bothered , except the odd lovely handful...
Just a bit of perspective on this:-

(a) of the 200,000 odd members here, only around 2,000 are active which just means they've visited this site since we certainly don't get that many posts made here daily! So, it follows that an even smaller percentage ever post and even then only on certain sections...etc...etc...i.e. may not even read that section.

(b) in many instances the person who has a birthday has not recently visited this forum so is unlikely to see it.

Personally, although it may be nice for someone to give me a birthday greeting, unless I 'know' them e.g. have interacted with them on here, I'd be inclined to think it's a nice but somewhat empty/kneejerk gesture. It could have some meaning though if some thought has gone into it i.e. to be more original than just say 'happy birthday' which feels an automatic/conventional response. Just me keeping it real but then I'm a free thinker!.....

Did you find the info about Whitby Abbey on BigJohns thread, e.g. tried using the search facility or going to Big John's profile and searching the threads he's made?
Old 23-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Elfin

....This , as we all know has been a dreadful year for all of us. I myself, was at death's door in October...in hospital for 2 weeks, on oxygen , and in complete agony... As many thousands... Hundreds of thousands, have also been.... But I'm one of the lucky ones. Whitby is close to my heart ...a place I love. So when I wanted to share some more about it on an existing thread that had disappeared , I was upset, as it was a lovely , innocent, little thread, amid the chaos and upset this year has reaped.... And I'm not ashamed to admit that because of all of it, I did, as many have, momentarily "lost the plot".... And it doesn't help , I don't think , that I have also given up smoking, for 2 months now, but it's still hard... All that said, I AM however , very ashamed of how I have spoken to people .. very out of "character " for me... And I could have done this in private, but I chose to do it publicly, because for all that I am, I am nothing if not honest, and will always hold my hands up when I know I've done wrong. I apologize to anyone I have offended by my "tone"... And I owe Osiris a massive apology for the way I spoke. I am sorry.
Old 23-12-2020, 11:35 PM
Master

Don't be so hard on yourself. Osiris's post was questionable. Maybe it was mean-spirited, maybe it wasn't. Only the originator knows for sure. Consider the duck. Water flows freely off its back. In any case Admins. thought it was questionable and removed it apparently.

I wonder how you are fairing in your lovely home. With Brexit and lockdowns and new varients of covid, I worry about you. YOu have so much on your plate already personally and adding all this to it is very hard.

By nature you are a bubbly, and sweet person and all this negativity can refocus your energy.

As far as birthday wishes and prayers, and such, there are those who are "gifted" in that area. I am not. If I say I am praying for you it means in the here and now. Not a repeat every day hereafter. I don't have that kind of focus or "gift".

I've seen natural born intercessors in praying and I admire them so very much.

I have known those who are "gifted" in being a mother or a father and I admire them so much.

I have seen those who are natural born leaders and I admire them so much.

I have seen those who can lift the spirit of those who are depressed and I admire them so much.

Natural born teachers

Natural born givers to the poor or destitute

We all have our gifts.

Please be well, my friend. I worry about you. Lol, maybe that is my gift.
Old 24-12-2020, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi... Am I going mad like van Gogh ??? I'm not quite ready to cut my ear off yet , or any other body parts...
I wouldn't bother, it won't help.
Old 24-12-2020, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
....This , as we all know has been a dreadful year for all of us. I myself, was at death's door in October...in hospital for 2 weeks, on oxygen , and in complete agony... As many thousands... Hundreds of thousands, have also been.... But I'm one of the lucky ones. Whitby is close to my heart ...a place I love. So when I wanted to share some more about it on an existing thread that had disappeared , I was upset, as it was a lovely , innocent, little thread, amid the chaos and upset this year has reaped.... And I'm not ashamed to admit that because of all of it, I did, as many have, momentarily "lost the plot".... And it doesn't help , I don't think , that I have also given up smoking, for 2 months now, but it's still hard... All that said, I AM however , very ashamed of how I have spoken to people .. very out of "character " for me... And I could have done this in private, but I chose to do it publicly, because for all that I am, I am nothing if not honest, and will always hold my hands up when I know I've done wrong. I apologize to anyone I have offended by my "tone"... And I owe Osiris a massive apology for the way I spoke. I am sorry.

You have been through a lot this year. Not many people can say they almost died this year. And then, you are far from being recovered.

But as far as whitby..........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2020, 05:52 AM
Master

See........ if never disappeared.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2020, 07:54 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Don't be so hard on yourself. Osiris's post was questionable. Maybe it was mean-spirited, maybe it wasn't. Only the originator knows for sure. Consider the duck. Water flows freely off its back. In any case Admins. thought it was questionable and removed it apparently.

I wonder how you are fairing in your lovely home. With Brexit and lockdowns and new varients of covid, I worry about you. YOu have so much on your plate already personally and adding all this to it is very hard.

By nature you are a bubbly, and sweet person and all this negativity can refocus your energy.

As far as birthday wishes and prayers, and such, there are those who are "gifted" in that area. I am not. If I say I am praying for you it means in the here and now. Not a repeat every day hereafter. I don't have that kind of focus or "gift".

I've seen natural born intercessors in praying and I admire them so very much.

I have known those who are "gifted" in being a mother or a father and I admire them so much.

I have seen those who are natural born leaders and I admire them so much.

I have seen those who can lift the spirit of those who are depressed and I admire them so much.

Natural born teachers

Natural born givers to the poor or destitute

We all have our gifts.

Please be well, my friend. I worry about you. Lol, maybe that is my gift.
Thank you dear Sister..... That other persons post may have been questionable, but I do not usually stoop to others people's levels..... I am better than that..... That was what I apologised for..... Xxx
Old 24-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

See........ if never disappeared.

....Thank you dear John.... It has been a lovely weekend in which Whitby featured very much and very emotionally ... My gorgeous first born ... As many will know, was married there this last weekend... And the abbey featured in many of their wedding photos. But more importantly , I was there . It took it out of me, as I not medically fit to attend such a thing.... But I would not have missed his wedding. Even though we all looked like idiots on pics wearing masks, it was still lovely to witness.... Thank you for the lovely image of the abbey... x
Old 24-12-2020, 08:20 PM
Master
and thank you for your nice comments.

That wedding and its background will always be with you.