Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #611  
Old 11-02-2021, 10:46 AM
ameliorate ameliorate is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: U.K
Posts: 529
  ameliorate's Avatar
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
"Information received is information perceived" - D.Icke
Hmmm....I think not. Lots of info received at school, e.g. math formulas that were hardly perceived!

Much info is likely to resonate with this -
the definition of a lecture: information that passes from the teacher to the student without passing through the mind of either!
__________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
(Henry David Thoreau)
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 11-02-2021, 06:05 PM
Heightend-Awareness Heightend-Awareness is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Central Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,960
  Heightend-Awareness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Hmmm....I think not. Lots of info received at school, e.g. math formulas that were hardly perceived!

Much info is likely to resonate with this -
the definition of a lecture: information that passes from the teacher to the student without passing through the mind of either!
Wrong direction. It is not directed at education. Think more along the lines of day to day life and what we hear and see, what to believe. Then you're on the right track.
__________________
'The two most important days in your life; the day you were born and the day you find out why.' - Mark Twain

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 11-02-2021, 07:26 PM
ameliorate ameliorate is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: U.K
Posts: 529
  ameliorate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
Wrong direction. It is not directed at education. Think more along the lines of day to day life and what we hear and see, what to believe. Then you're on the right track.
Then the quote lacks clarification and is liable to be misunderstood.
__________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
(Henry David Thoreau)
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 11-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Heightend-Awareness Heightend-Awareness is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Central Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,960
  Heightend-Awareness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Then the quote lacks clarification and is liable to be misunderstood.
This is exactly the point of the quote. Depending on the content, context or lack of, the information received is the information (or lack of) perceived. Is it not?
__________________
'The two most important days in your life; the day you were born and the day you find out why.' - Mark Twain

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 12-02-2021, 11:14 AM
ameliorate ameliorate is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: U.K
Posts: 529
  ameliorate's Avatar
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
This is exactly the point of the quote. Depending on the content, context or lack of, the information received is the information (or lack of) perceived. Is it not?
Your post is muddled thinking, surely? You are equating the ability to receive info as meaning it is perceived (like D. Icke) however, as I have shown in my original feedback post on this, information CAN be received i.e. taken in/learnt without it being perceived/understood e.g. formulas. Are we going to go round this again in a circle?

My point being that D. Icke should have clarified the type of info he is referring to since a generalisation on this doesn't ring true.
__________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
(Henry David Thoreau)
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 12-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Heightend-Awareness Heightend-Awareness is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Central Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,960
  Heightend-Awareness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Your post is muddled thinking, surely? You are equating the ability to receive info as meaning it is perceived (like D. Icke) however, as I have shown in my original feedback post on this, information CAN be received i.e. taken in/learnt without it being perceived/understood e.g. formulas. Are we going to go round this again in a circle?

My point being that D. Icke should have clarified the type of info he is referring to since a generalisation on this doesn't ring true.
I will spell it out for you. The information received via the media is the information perceived. If a narrative is being broadcast be it fact or fiction it is what is perceived by the individual/masses. The quote has nothing to do with education as you prescribe, little lone attacking it because of who the originator is. We are only going around in circles because you cannot understand this nor let it go. As for some, somethings are not meant to be understood. Just appreciate it for what it is.

But the section is about favourite quotes, right? Not strong opinions and discussions. Who is right and who is wrong, who is confused, who is crystal?
__________________
'The two most important days in your life; the day you were born and the day you find out why.' - Mark Twain

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 12-02-2021, 09:16 PM
ameliorate ameliorate is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: U.K
Posts: 529
  ameliorate's Avatar
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
I will spell it out for you. The information received via the media is the information perceived. If a narrative is being broadcast be it fact or fiction it is what is perceived by the individual/masses. The quote has nothing to do with education as you prescribe, little lone attacking it because of who the originator is. We are only going around in circles because you cannot understand this nor let it go. As for some, somethings are not meant to be understood. Just appreciate it for what it is.

But the section is about favourite quotes, right? Not strong opinions and discussions. Who is right and who is wrong, who is confused, who is crystal?
Sorry, yes I overlooked that this section is just to share favourite quotes and not to discuss them. I guess I sidestepped this since David Icke is so influential that he should be held accountable if he is found to be misleading.

The crux of the matter lies in the many associations of the word 'perceived'. Notably, the way in which something is regarded, understood, or interpreted. I'm sure you appreciate that how something is regarded does not necessarily imply acceptance? Information received is subject to our appraisal since we are not robots but I will leave it here.
__________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
(Henry David Thoreau)
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 13-02-2021, 04:44 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,919
  A human Being's Avatar
'It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind.' - Morrissey
__________________
'Our feelings are safe, no matter how intense they are. It is our tensing-up around our human feelings, our rejection and refusal of them, our unconscious efforts to destroy and annihilate and purify them inside of us, our shaming of our vulnerable inner life and the smothering of the inner child, which causes so much pain and suffering - not the feelings themselves.' - Jeff Foster
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 01-03-2021, 10:06 PM
ameliorate ameliorate is offline
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: U.K
Posts: 529
  ameliorate's Avatar
Lightbulb

Dr. Wayne Dyer famously wrote, "When given the choice between being right and being kind, choose kind."
__________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
(Henry David Thoreau)
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 19-03-2021, 04:09 PM
The_Klabautermann The_Klabautermann is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: 5D - Drake's Passage, 3D - in P.A. in the U.S.
Posts: 53
  The_Klabautermann's Avatar
-one of my recently found favorites:

"I don't like the fact that my chances of survival seemed to be linked to the common sense of others."
__________________

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums