Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-07-2023, 06:37 AM
Master

HONZA……”That is all very well, but I did not make the world what it is.”

You made YOUR personal part of the world what it is imo

The Ukraine war was created by men in power with only greed and violence in their consciousness. If there’s enough of this energy created then of course “so be it”.

Just my opinion of course.

SKY…

Love the mountain quote. So true.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:37 AM
Master

Very interesting article that you posted Miss M.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:48 PM
And Hi, Redchic :)

3 sentences from the link I gave:

In principle, New Thought's idealism is similar to that of Christian Science, yet unlike the earlier movement,
New Thought generally interprets matter and physical experiences in a positive light, viewing them as limited (but perfectible)
manifestations of Spirit (Divine Mind).

The essence of humanity is divine, and humans are seen as spiritual beings that are linked with Divine Mind through
their highest consciousness (e.g., Christ Mind, superconsciousness, Christ within).

This relationship of unity is analogous to the relationship of brahman (the manifestation of ultimate reality) and ātman
(the self) in Hinduism, as well as understandings of the human essence found in the Western Esoteric tradition,
influenced by Neoplatonism and Gnosticism.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-07-2023, 03:10 PM
Master

So in other words they have taken what is “good” and acceptable from other religions and left the garbage where it belongs. Lol.

I don’t feel they are teaching anything new. I mean we all know this stuff don’t we. Well a lot of us anyway.

Don’t mean this to sound offensive. Just thinking out loud really.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I don’t feel they are teaching anything new.
I mean we all know this stuff don’t we. Well a lot of us anyway.
But, that's because you're smart.
It's nice to hear it over and over for me.
But, for many this would be very new stuff...like LOA is big-time new to many.
We are what we think is as old as the the hills or Old Testament Proverbs.
'Ask and it is given' is as old as Jesus;
'Knock and the door will be opened', too. All old stuff, yes.

Can we hear this enough? Lol
“The root of all difficulties is a lack of the sense of the Presence of God.”
― Emmet Fox

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-07-2023, 07:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So, some quotes! And these people have great books!!
And it is worth mentioning Thomas Troward (1847-1916).

He had one personal student Geneviève Behrend (1881-1960)

Their books are available as free downloads from https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/

But there are many such authors originating from the New Thought Movement who are worth reading.

Peace
Old 07-07-2023, 01:41 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I don’t feel they are teaching anything new.
I don’t know where I got this from, but I assumed the term New Thought is pointing to the idea that your old way of thinking is what caused the problems in your life, and so you learn a new way of thinking that is more in line with divine mind and the problems will dissolve on their own.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:30 AM
Master

Thanks Miss H. Some good points there.

Nah I’m not really smart, just read a load of books in my time lol

Yeah I guess it is new to a lot of people especially the young ones and these “new thoughts” will certainly guide them thru life in a very positive way. More than the rubbish we were taught that stuffed most of us up and gave us loads of problems!

Yeah it is good to have reminders.

Long live the “New Thought” movement!!!
Old 07-07-2023, 11:19 AM
Smile Note: I'm following the 3 sentence quote rule! :)

“Everyone visualizes whether he knows it or not. Visualizing is the great secret of success.” - Geneviève Behrend

“All day long the thoughts that occupy your mind, your Secret Place, as Jesus calls it, are moulding your destiny for good or evil;
in fact, the truth is that the whole of our life’s experience is but the outer expression of inner thought.
Now we can choose the sort of thoughts that we entertain.
We can choose how we shall think—in point of fact, we always do choose—and therefore our lives are just the result of the kind of thoughts we have”

-Emmet Fox

Old 07-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Master

And as Buddha said………
All of what we are is the result of what we have thought.