Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecats
Thank you for your beautiful posts Uma.

Your writing is really inspiring for me. I feel such a nice and warm energy while reading it.

Thank you Ilovecats
Old 26-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Master
Running - that was good of you to rescue that dog from the pound!
Old 27-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Master
Fish Spiritual Intelligence of Crown Consciousness

Day 33 of 40 Apr.27/16 link
Freedom - my favourite topic!!!
Quote:
"The joy of the soul in the human experience is that of freedom, a consciousness of being free - free of all fetters, all limitations, all thought constructs, all emotional limitations - the joy of the soul is being free. This is what we call moksha, when the soul is able to experience that freedom consciousness that is inherent in its being. The joy is never complete until we live in that experience and consciousness of freedom - freedom from fear of the duality, freedom from stresses of the duality." ~ Sri Vasudeva
What more can I say but yes! Yes! Yes! Bring it on! Bring it on! Bring it on!

Mind blowing information
And he went on to say:
Quote:
"…so that requires a different kind of intelligence - not just gut intelligence or emotional intelligence or even mental intelligence. It requires so much more. And I would like to call that spiritual intelligence. It is all the other intelligences operating in the Light - in the fullness of Light." ~ Sri Vasudeva
Intuition is something that developed for me by leaps and bounds the deeper I got into meditation practice. So for anyone who wants to become more intuitive I always suggest meditation meditation meditation. It's one of the greatest benefits of meditation. I can't stop singing its praises. And with an awakened Kundalini intuition (GRADUALLY) becomes wisdom - that which takes me towards crown chakra consciousness. I have heard about people who get high from marujuana and go into this space where they feel like they comprehend all the secrets of the universe but as soon as the drug wears off, they can't remember any of it. I have had similar experiences but without the drugs - usually it's in the dream state.

What's really really amazing for me is that Sri Vasudeva is saying there is an intuitive faculty that goes beyond even ordinary human intuition. Reading the words "spiritual intelligence…is all the other intelligences operating…in the fullness of Light" - all the other intelligences meaning gut brain, heart brain, mental brain that he mentioned before (see my earlier posts). When you get to this level of intuition, to the level of wisdom after enlightenment, your every word becomes scripture!

I am a lover of mystery, a lover of knowledge
Even before I met my teacher, I met other teachers at university and one of the first teachings I learned was to adopt the posture of scientific thinking - to always question my assumptions. No matter what I think I know as truth, there is always more to learn. I think even the theory of gravity is being questioned these days. Theories exist to be broken by new theories. Theories turn to dust. Truth never dies. I love unbounded thinking. I love creativity. I love to constantly undercut my own ideas and be open to new ideas. I can get new ideas from a beginner to meditation. I can get new ideas from a cat. Or a mouse. I can't get enough of all this Self exploration.

When I met Sri Vasudeva and he began to speak about having an open mind, I immediately latched on to that idea but it took me some years to grasp how open he meant by "open". And even my idea of "how open" keeps deepening and changing. He said that the road to freedom is about constant learning and prayer to go beyond limitation, and he says he is also constantly learning. Why? Because the human brain cannot possibly know everything, it can't contain everything. He said today that there are states of consciousness that go beyond what the human brain can fathom.

The Universe is a bottomless well of information!
Quote:
"In all the intelligence you are experiencing, you need to open up. There is more in there. You need to come into unlimited awareness, boundless thinking. Never hold yourself in the limitation. As much as you know, begin to think that you don't know because the moment that you think you know, you can never know everything.

As intelligent as we are 'he who thinks he knows knows not and he who thinks that he knows not really knows'.

He who knows that the wisdom of the universe cannot be contained in the intelligence of the mind but it's beyond the mind. It's in the intuitive nature of being. When someone achieves the crown consciousness they don't have to think from the mind - the mind thinks IN the crown. The mind bows to the higher awareness (the superior intelligence, the spiritual intelligence) because everything comes to that being intuitively" ~ Sri Vasudeva

In meditation I am working to upgrade my software
I love the analogy he gave of downloading. To me it's saying that my mind is like software that can get upgraded through spiritual evolution in consciousness to enable it to download more sophisticated software into the hardware of my brain:
Quote:
"How do you think the seers of wisdom got the revelations from the Vedas and the different scriptures? How do you think it came? Why do we call them seers (rishis)? Because they downloaded it from the space - wisdom, unlimited wisdom. These were downloads!

"If you look at how the Vedas were constituted, the Sanskrit alphabet, the classical music of India, the dance forms. They're all revelations. They're all tapping into the wisdom of the Universe. The wisdom of the Universe is vast and cannot be contained by the intellect. Hence the prayer dhíyo yó naḥ prachodayat (धियो॒ यो नः॑ प्रचो॒दया॑त्) 'Please illumine my intellect'. This is a prayer of the Vedas: 'With all my knowing there is more!'" ~ Sri Vasudeva

My limited human brain is simply the hardware, soft as butter hardware. There is cellular knowledge yes but that alone is like a vegetable. It can only contain so much information. It can only be upgraded to a point. That explains why my soul brain - the brow chakra - can hold so much more information when I am in an out-of-body experience when in deep meditation or in the dream state. That's when it's not functioning dependent on the brain - it is out of body. That tells me why when spirit guides communicate they seem to know so much. It must be because they are no longer in a physical body, limited by a human brain.

I don't need a microchip in my brain. I need enlightenment.
I wanted to make my posts shorter but I want to share a lot and there is so much more in today's talk (see link above if you're interested). As a psychic, as a medium I am limited to the spiritual evolutionary state of my guides, but centred in my Source, in the bindu point, in the OM of crown consciousness, there lies the possibility of tapping into information at its Source - not all at once but on a need-to-know basis. And my awakened Inner Guide is the One to take me there. How awesome is that? And it's everyone's possibility!
Old 28-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Master
Fish Following my Joy

Day 34 of 40: Apr.28/16

Yesterday Sri Vasudeva introduced the idea of using the intellect to attain crown consciousness and today he spoke about 5 classical paths or yogas from which we as souls having individual personalities and temperaments can choose (they are like the basics for any path).
It's the idea that all roads lead to Rome, that every chakra is a doorway to God and that God can express in fullness through any of them, that we are unique individuals and that, while the awakened Kundalini takes us all on a journey up the spine awakening all the chakras, the way this manifests and wants to express in every person is most certainly NOT "one size fits all".

This teaching empowers me to choose whatever teaching, training or method I want to and teaches me how to go about finding what works best for me, what my own Inner Guide is telling me to do - and not be stuck with the status quo or peer pressure or anyone else's opinions. This is where Sri Vasudeva is such a breath of fresh air as my personal spiritual guide because he gives me so many options!

Too many choices
My problem is that I am spoiled for choices and I think this is often the case for the beginner seeker trying to figure out what path to follow. It feels sort of like when I'm standing in the cereal isle overwhelmed with the promises each one is offering me and intuitively knowing I have to avoid the junk and go for what's good for me.
Fortunately today Sri Vasudeva gave me a couple of leads in how to figure that out. I am someone who loves to combine different practices, working on all the chakras at once, and that's the essence of Maha Yoga - allowing awakened Kundalini to take the lead, so that I'm always focused on strengthening my strengths and using them to work on my weak areas.

About strengthening the weak areas, I think it's like a flock of geese the way when the leading one gets tired and falls back another one from below the ranks flies forward to take its place. It's like chakra team work - inner team work. (Here's a link to a fabulous inspirational video called "Lessons from Geese": link)
Following my joy
Quote:
"The path of spiritual discipline and the path of freedom has to be a joyous path, and that's the gift of Maha Yoga. When the Kundalini wakes up within you She wants to express that Spirit within you joyfully in everything that you do. So ask yourself: Am I happy on the path?" ~ Sri Vasudeva
Today's topic was also a breath of fresh air because after all the emphasis for the last couple of days on self-discipline, no-pain-no-gain, and thinking about all the trials on the journey I've had to endure, all the painful surrendering of my ego to finer and finer degrees...today's talk is a reminder to me that God is on my side after all, always supporting me, and that - surprise surprise - the journey is supposed to be joyful!

But what does this "joy" thing really mean? Is there a catch-22 to this?

I think what it means is that I need to look at what kind of spiritual practice brings out the best in me, what brings out the most spiritual of expressions in me, and from what chakras. What activity makes my inner Goddess Kundalini dance for joy when I am doing it? Because I've noticed that sometimes it's when I'm doing NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO but what I THINK I SHOULD DO, that this sacred energy begins to move very powerfully. It's not the same message being given by a lot of popular New Age gurus is it?

This joy thing has a lot of strings attached to it...but it satisfies my soul as it ultimately aligns with my deeper or higher purpose.

The unlikely example of Walt Disney
Lately I've been thinking about, of all things, the entrepreneur-genius and visionary Walt Disney. I watched a film that's still up on Netflix about his life before Mickey Mouse and then synchronistically discovered that this month's Life Magazine article is all about this. What impressed me most about his story was that he was a man driven with his own unique vision of co-creating a better world through the art of animation and ultimately his vision bloomed into this idea of creating a virtual reality experience through the creation of a theme park (Disneyland) in which people could interact like story book characters inside a real touch-and-feel make-believe world. The man was way ahead of his time! And he never stopped taking it further, expanding his vision even to his last breath!

What Walt Disney did throughout his life was follow his joy - his passion, his vision, scratching that itch that refused to go away - holding fast to it no matter how many times he went bankrupt - even living homeless and hungry - going through extreme ups and downs of successes and failures and just sticking with it because he was so driven to fulfill this vision in his heart and in his mind. His yoga was capitalist, his soul purpose - who knows what it was - but here was real soul power driving him - and to me, that is the secret of knowing my joy, my passion.

I think of my spiritual journey like that. I think that's what is meant by following your joy, by the journey being joyful. It doesn't mean that it's going to be all roses and tea cakes every step of the way. There are going to be serious ups and downs and risk taking is all part of it too (we call them great leaps of FAITH) but the joy for me comes through the passion that makes me get up every time life has given me a black eye, through my ability to dust myself off and keep on going, keep on going, keep on going staying as positive as I can - whether it's bringing my mind back to breath awareness after the 100th time some thought has dragged it away, or whether it's picking up the pieces after my husband has left me widowed.

And joy is also God tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "Hey, it's okay to cry. I'm right here behind you. Look how far you've come. It's just a little more. Paddle a little more. Look, I'll help you," and the wind will start to blow all of a sudden pushing my little life raft in the right direction...
In the meditation Sri Vasudeva offered me a very useful affirmation...
Quote:
"I centre myself in the consciousness of that Evolutionary Power within me that is pushing me to be free.
I seek to align myself to Its drive with my mind, with my heart, with my vital being.
I align myself to that Evolutionary Energy within me.
It's with me in every moment.
I seek to remember that I am never forgotten.
It is I who forget this Power.
I pray on this day to be conscious of It in every moment,
that there is an Evolutionary Drive within me,
the Universe is pushing me, helping me to be free."
~ Sri Vasudeva
Old 29-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Master
Fish Every spiritual experience is a gift that should be put to work

Day 35 of 40 April 29, 2016 link

Today I reflect on how I take for granted the amazing gift that each spiritual experience has given me on the journey of awakening to my true Self. Each one is a precious gift that, like a newborn baby, needs a lot of loving care and attention to raise to maturity.
Stages on the journey
Today Sri Vasudeva took us through the stages of spiritual development that deepen meditation practice and transform the ego. He emphasized that a spiritual experience is not something to enjoy and reminisce about but is a gift that should be opened and used to take us further.

When someone gives you a gift saying thank you and locking it in a cupboard doesn't honour the giver. Real gratitude is when you use the gift every day, it becomes part of your daily life, something you couldn't do without, and in using it you remember the giver, you honour them, and they are very happy you like their gift so much...and they're more inclined to give you more.

As I look back I see how every stage of spiritual awakening became a new resource, a new tool, a new window to help me look into my inner world in a clearer, deeper and more multi-dimensional way. And each spiritual experience also became a tool that allowed me to help God help me transform myself to take me to the next gift. What a notion! God needs our help? Of course! Instead of just praying and waiting for the next experience to come around I need to revisit all these experiences and the awareness they bring, and look at them as tools I can be using to great effect to take me the next step.

Spontaneous Kryia Yoga
Kryias are spiritual experiences that cleanse and purify us at all levels. Maha Yoga is about working with the spiritual experience in a co-creative way so I can prompt the Divine to give me the next level up spiritual experience. He gave many examples so I won't list them all here.

Co-creating my spiritual evolution - the great gift of Maha Yoga
From soul awareness to chakra awareness to Kundalini awakening and management of the Kundalini energy, to working with energetic blocks in meditation and in the outside world… Maha Yoga has given me a whole set of powerful tools so I just need to stop gawking at them and learn to use them all fully. He said when we do that, Kryia Yoga becomes spontaneous - spiritual experiences come naturally as a result.

It's like this fancy digital camera I got for Christmas many years ago, a camera that comes with a DVD tutorial and there are classes I could take to study how to use all of its features - it's that complicated. Yet I only ever use the Automatic Setting for point and shoot pictures - not taking advantage of all it has to offer. The thing intimidates me when it should inspire me, or maybe I'm just procrastinating.

When things seem hopeless it is because I have forgotten I have all these resources I could be using to full capacity. Spiritual experience is a gift that keeps on giving, when I use it! Affirmations for today:

Quote:
"I centre myself in the Consciousness Space in the awareness of the presence of that Evolutionary Energy within me of Kundalini.

I hold the intention of aligning my co-creative power with that Energy that I may aid in this process of spiritual evolution, that I may become a part of this process.

I centre myself in chakra awareness being aware of my co-creative power with every chakra.

I become conscious of the elements of nature within my body and I harmonize with them."

~ Sri Vasudeva
Old 29-04-2016, 08:45 PM

Spontaneous Kryia Yoga
Kryias are spiritual experiences that cleanse and purify us at all levels. Maha Yoga is about working with the spiritual experience in a co-creative way so I can prompt the Divine to give me the next level up spiritual experience. He gave many examples so I won't list them all here.

Well, how about 'some' then?:)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Spontaneous Kryia Yoga

Well, how about 'some' then?:)

Here's the link - list them yourself. I could use a day off lol.
Old 30-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Master
Fish yesterday - mini synopsis

Due to major stuff going on my life, I was exhausted yesterday... one of his devotees condensed the gist of his talk yesterday so I've copied it here... It allows me another point of view and another way to share it with you...

The Supreme Gift of Mahayoga

Quote:
Mahayoga is a very special yoga as perhaps you would know by now. Spontaneous spiritual awakening of that evolutionary energy of Kundalini within you and the presence of this power inside, and more powerfully, the awakening of that co-creative power within you, that you now feel you have a grasp of what spirituality is, and you have a handle on your spiritual growth - on how fast you can grow. The magic of this yoga and that spiritual awakening is the experience you have of that subtle space. You become aware of chakras within you, which, if you look very carefully, should be a big thing in your space...

We begin to intuitively feel urges to want to transform our lives. A purification process happens along that conduit of energy along the spine, called sushumna nadi; nadi is an energy channel, so this is a big channel along the spine. That is why spinal column awareness is extremely important.

When we become prana aware and we become aware of the subtle nature of the breath, left side nostril breathing and right side breathing are no longer the same....When we breathe through the right nostril, left brain is activated; we feel that the intellect is sharper. When we breathe through the left nostril, right brain is more affected; there is more spatial awareness, more intuitive awareness. So there is an energy anatomy connected to the left and right nostril breathing....

As the chakras begin to be pierced by this ascending energy, old patterns appear in the space. ...The intention of these chakras opening up to their old patterns is to allow you to see what is inside of you in the psyche, and to take part in the transformation of these patterns using your co-creative power. ..As you begin to experience more spiritual awakening, you will actually feel your power to do becomes stronger to help the cleansing process of this Kundalini energy coming up within you.

Begin to think ‘Divine’ at these chakra points as you hold the mantra and see the Guru and the great Masters as models, begin to focus on these points with the idea that “ I want to become That.” If you sincerely stay with that path of breath, prana, mantra, focus on the Guru, holding the mind in management, the magical process of Kriya Yoga in Mahayoga will happen - spontaneous transformation.

Do not be a beggar on this path. Do not cry weakness. You have so much grace on this path, the Master is with you, Inner and Outer. Use every effort to evolve.

~ Sri Vasudeva

There is so much that can be harvested from his talks - simple yet profound.
Old 30-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Master
Fish The importance of moment-to-moment meditation

Day 36 of 40: April 30, 2016 link beginning around 55:00
Today I'm going to share a little differently. I can never do justice to his talks by attempting to condense them. If I tried, I would write posts that are way too long. I can only share the bits that stand out for me in my own practice. I am so familiar with his teachings and the practices I've been following for nearly 20 years now it's easy to forget that people need to start with the A, B, Cs. I too often assume that you already understand advanced meditation and will know what I'm talking about. I'm just putting it out there my way and hoping there is something useful for everybody.

Why moment-to-moment?
Today Sri Vasudeva inspired us seekers of self-transformation to ramp up our spiritual discipline, to "make it stronger, more relevant, and purposeful" in our day-to-day moment-to-moment life because that is what will protect us energetically and consciously from the bombardment of misfortune, poor health, broken relationships and daily stuff that happens to us every day. "The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune," that Hamlet spoke of in his famous soliloquy.

Apart from self-protection, he reminded me that having all the knowledge we have is only going to be useful if it is put into practice because that's when knowledge transforms into experience, that's when discipline is no longer a practice, but a lifestyle, one that comes very naturally, as it does in lives of the enlightened ones.

At the end of every talk he provides us with an affirmation and prayer, so I'm using that today to share my 2¢...
Quote:
"I centre myself in the Consciousness Space holding my being in spiritual discipline in the sustained awareness of my chakras, all of them, in the power of life breath (the prana)." ~ Sri Vasudeva

Centering
This is the most challenging one by far - to stay centred in every moment. I need to live from and identify with my inner world while being fully engaged in my outer world, seeing the two as reflections of each other in a way. The outer world is the manifestation of consequences of choices I have made (a.k.a. karma), choices I made in the past now confronting my consciousness. Wild idea isn't it? Being centred in my inner world I am "enveloped in energy" (his words) in an auric field that is very powerful, that is not only protective (which is a passive tamasic thing) but proactive - because I also impact that outer world coming at me. There is lots more to this interaction that's going on at subtle and not so subtle levels, but the key to it all is maintaining my centre. And then sustaining a firm awareness of what's going on with each chakra as I speak, eat, walk, talk and do everything through my soul vehicle, the body.

His words are simple yet profound because there are many teachings contained within each teaching. He speaks from his perfect connection with Source. And for the next part he said:
Quote:
"My intention is to stay balanced in my energy at every level of being in my multi-dimensionality and to be centred and aligned to that Divine Consciousness within me, the Source of all Grace," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Multi-dimensional awareness
Wow, lots in here too. The chakras are portals to other dimensions and my soul is able to exist in many dimensions at once. The earth plane that I live in because I am inside a human body is the dimension of the root chakra. I cannot ignore it. I must follow its rules and live by its code if my body is to thrive and can be used to full capacity.

There there is the part about being "aligned to that Divine Consciousness within me." The word "aligned" - very important. He has given entire workshops on that one word! Basically it's what happens when the Divine Energy Kundalini awakened within me and became my Inner Guide telling me what I should do, what is the higher road, and what promotes wise action in the play of life. So being aligned to That, is giving attention to the Inner Guide whether She manifests within me as energy and that still small voice - or whether She manifests on the outside through people, objects, situations, plants, animals…and then having the faculty of discrimination (knowing true from false) operating reliably so I don't mistake divine intention for egoic intention.

Then he said:

Quote:
"In that centre of Divine Consciousness I feel secure, nourished, guided, supported," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Creating a bubble of protection
That's the great perk of following instructions to the letter, of maintaining a strict self-discipline, the discipline of self-mastery - mastering my lower urges and taking the higher road. I feel secure, nourished, guided, supported. I know I am never alone! I have the support of the entire Universe right here inside of me!

Then he took us deeper into this truth:
Quote:
"My True Home is within my soul, not any physical home, not even the body. My True Home is deep within my spiritual being. I centre myself there as I prepare for a new day," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Remembering who I am
Ever notice how "Om" and "Home" sound similar? Om is said to be the source of all sounds, and the sound that is heard in the subtle dimensions when everything is working in harmony (in "alignment"). So the next thing that happens when I feel the presence of the Divine supporting me is this strong remembering of my true identity so I don't forget who I really am - a spiritual being having a human experience and not the other way around.

Then he mentions "intention":
Quote:
"My intention is to stay aware all day of my energies at every chakra, every spiritual centre and to stay in balanced energies throughout my day as I engage in pranayama using my mind in focus and using my breath wisely when I need to," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Aligned intention - setting and holding
Embedded in this is the teaching of the power of intention and attention - which is fundamental to my co-creative power as a self-aware soul having a human experience. I don't need to be fully enlightened to be able to start using my awareness of subtle energies, my awareness of the chakra points, my power of mental focus and my ability to breathe how I want to breathe using pranayama techniques to create special effects depending on the needs of the moment.

Next he mentions "prayer":
Quote:
"I pray for the Grace to manifest the best of me in the human experience today that I may be a blessing to my world. I am in gratitude for all the gifts of knowledge. I pray for the Grace to apply them through every experience of my day. I am in gratitude," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Inviting Grace to manifest
It is said that meditation is listening to God and prayer is speaking to God. I think this is way over simplistic. There is much more I can do in meditation than just "listen". This has been the subject of these talks helping me in engaging my co-creative power in my inner world. If I am listening, it is to listen for cues and prompts from the Divine in how to use that co-creative power, not just to "listen" and do nothing!

And prayer is not just speaking. Prayer is actually "centering" in Divine Consciousness and prayer is acknowledging that my "I" is a construct of the Divine, that "I" am made of divine stuff, and the Divine holds me, and I am networked to the Divine in a thousand different ways. Prayer is not me going on autopilot but in a way it is because when Grace responds to my prayer and the miracle of being carried manifests, then I am allowing my every action to be determined by the Divine. I don't have to work hard anymore. I just have to be, and God does everything.

And when I feel that I feel bliss:
Quote:
"Oh Supreme Self within me I am in gratitude to You!
My soul bows to You!
I place myself in Your Being as I begin this new day!
Om peace peace peace…
ॐ शान्ति शान्ति शान्"
~ Sri Vausdeva
Old 01-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Master
Fish Transforming karma from the inside

Day 37 of 40: May 1, 2016

Karma: action-consequence-action-consequence-action-consequence...
Today Sri Vasudeva took a deeper look into the karmic play to see how it relates to the journey of self-transformation and freedom. There was much to contemplate in his talk and as I am focusing on the power of meditation in these threads, today I contemplate how to change the karmic play on the outside working from the karmic play on the inside.

Karma as seen through the eyes of vedic astrology
As an amateur vedic astrologer I understand how karma works amazingly on the inside and outside. Sri Vasudeva mentioned this - how the moment of birth determines one's individual karma and the tremendous effect this template of the natal horoscope has on our bodies and psyches. In astrology the mind is indicated by the Moon and the Moon also indicates the mother, so my chart reveals the mysterious karmic link between my mind and my relationship with my mother! And so it does with all my loved ones, friends, associates and the challengers in my life. For every karmic relationship I have on the outside (between the different parts of my being), there is a corresponding psychic relationship I'm having on the inside - that I can explore through meditation. So everything on the outside is a mirror of what is happening on the inside. Therefore the more I transform the inner, the more the outer will transform. I have seen this happen in my life - it is absolutely amazing! But to get to this point, I have had to learn what karma is really all about and to be able to be in that Witness or Observing mode to become aware of it manifesting in my life and in my meditation practice.

Karma as a Guide
Sri Vasudeva has spoken about karma over the years and I wanted to take a quote from something he wrote in 2004 to dispel one of the myths about karma that it is about punishment:
Quote:
"Each time you act, you are influencing your destiny. Be more aware in your actions. The law of Karma is not there to punish us but to guide us to freedom. It tells us when we are going wrong - pain and suffering comes. It also tells us when we are going in the right direction - peace, love and harmony follow. So let us try to understand how the Universe works and try to be in harmony with it," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Karma is my friend on the journey. Everything that happens to me is a result of choices I made in the past so this is teaching me how to choose wisely. Sri Vasudeva said it today that karma brings challenges in the space for growth and transformation. It is up to me to see challenges as opportunities and transform the challenges into opportunities - by transforming myself, my actions and my receiving. He said that karma brings disappointments to show me why my actions of the past didn't work out the way I hoped they would. And he also said that having lots and lots of negative karma in this life could mean that I purposefully chose a difficult lifetime to burn away a lot of baggage so I could liberate myself from the karmic play more quickly.

Mastering challenging karmic relationships
The karma teachings tell me not to blame anybody for anything only myself. Sri Vasudeva said we should ask ourselves: Where is it that I am going wrong? What are the things that need to be changed in me? Karmic closure between people is about mutual detachment, a win-win situation. And if I have transformed myself but the other person is still negative, I am now protected and I don't owe them anything - their own karmic play will deal with them.

And he said that the karmic relationship I have with my physical body is also a result of how I would have treated my body in a past life. So if I take better care of the body I have now I am co-creating my body of the future in the now.

Spiritual qualities
Ego qualities I need to cultivate apart from non-attachment or dispassion are spiritual qualities that uplift myself and my world. By uniting head, heart and hands in meditation these result in virtuous action. Virtuous action means virtuous thinking, virturous feeling, and virtuous doing - head, heart and hand working as one.

It occurred to me one day that the world is like the body of God and just like my own body, it has a powerful immune system. Negative action is like the germ or the cancer cell that the immune system needs to attack so it doesn't destroy the whole. And in the same way that cancer can go into remission, when the negative action transforms into positive, it restablizes and contributes to the health of the whole. This is how I view the karmic play - that everyone is like a cell in a whole body and we need to uphold the whole by supporting one another.

Burning karma - the easy way
I work very hard on burning karma, enduring karma, trying to ignore karma…but the most wonderful promise of all is what Sri Vasudeva mentioned yesterday that meditation can burn the karmas:
Quote:
"We burn the karmas away by changing the consciousness, so someone can sit in meditation only and burn the karmas away by shifting the consciousness. All those chakra points that you go to, all those points that you go to with the life breath (the prana) to open up the consciousness, that's a way of burning the karmas away," ~ Sri Vasudeva
And full Enlightenment brings full protection from the karmas in that the old karmic patterns have no power anymore, become obsolete and one would have no attachment to them anymore.

There is a lot to the karma teachings, but these are the most powerful things that struck me today.