Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2023, 02:41 AM
Ascender
intermittent fasting

I want to share my experience doing intermittent fasting since 2018,

this fasting is good and have benefit for me,
My body become healthier, my gastric pains completely healed,

I can comfortably shower with cold water in cold areas (18 Celsius / 64 F)
I often use warm water before, sleep with a blanket always,
Now I sleep with no blanket, no clothes, only wearing shorts,

I drink black coffee too in the morning, a cup a day since I began fasting, sometimes 2,

I usually eat at 3 PM, sometimes for months, I eat at 6 PM or 7 PM,
and once or two in a month, I fasting for 2 or 3 days straight,
72 hours with no calories, only water and black coffee,

I never skipped this fasting, even a day, for five years.
almost 4 hours window

*mostly 20:4, (20 hour fast, with a 4 hour eating window)
Old 12-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Master
I read about this before and started a daily partial fast where I don't eat until 11 am and don't eat after 7 pm every day and have continued that for a while. I don't remember when I started it. I might have been doing it for a couple years. Before that, I kept saturated fat, sodium and sugar to a low level in my diet.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:42 PM
Thank you, you re-inspired me...I did it for 2 or 3 weeks and found it easy!
I stopped eating at 2 or 3 pm easily after the first 3 days...breakfast at 6 or 7 am.
So the 16: 8 hr.
An 8 hr window eating is just fine!

If I had to eat at, say, 5 pm ---no big deal - breakfast at 9 am.
The intestines need a rest and the body is amazing ---when not digesting food it turns back on itself and ''self cleans''.
Yay!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-10-2023, 10:25 PM
Master
Only during meditation training as there's no food after 12 noon until breakfast at 6am
Old 03-01-2024, 10:13 PM
Newbie ;)

I fast one day a week . It usually winds up being about 36 to forty hours . My health has improved dramatically . My digestion is better and my bowels have returned to what I feel is normal . I am a great believer in this practice but family thinks I am a nut . Keep it to yourself what you are doing . As soon as you do something to improve yourself that not everybody else is doing then all the naysayers come out of the woodwork .
Old 04-01-2024, 01:03 PM
Master

I have tried daily 'fasting' from 20pm until morning, and from 18pm until morning. It is doable, but easier if you have some kind of motive for it or it is harder to see the point when the weight needle don't move over time. A lot easier when you live alone, mind you.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I have tried daily 'fasting' from 20pm until morning, and from 18pm until morning. It is doable, but easier if you have some kind of motive for it or it is harder to see the point when the weight needle don't move over time. A lot easier when you live alone, mind you.
You are right . A lot easier when you live alone . I don’t live alone so there are distractions from non supportive people . I didn’t start out to lose weight but I did . Along with fasting one day a week I went vegan and eliminated caffeine and dairy . That heavy dairy seems to be the main culprit in weight retention but , of course , everyone is different .
Old 04-01-2024, 09:06 PM
Administrator
Please be aware that some people reading this can take it that they don't have to eat or drink for long periods of time.
and they could take it to the Extreme,
this thread is now closed

Namaste