Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Experiencer
Question Hiding your aura to protect yourself

Dear friends,

A recent experience has led me to wonder if it is possible to partly hide our aura, or our spiritual abilities, in order to protect ourselves (consciously or unconsciously) when meeting other spiritually-inclined people who may not be completely on the same wave length as us.
I'm thinking it could be a defense mechanism that some of us have developed after lifetimes of persecutions, inquisition, witch hunts, etc.

Do you do that, or do you know people who do that? Does it resonate with you?

All input is welcome

Instagram: Prananina
Old 04-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Pathfinder
I usually don't open myself up spiritually to people unless I've known them for years. I guess it's just very personal to me, that and some people just think I'm weird when I do. lol
Old 04-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Experiencer
Hi Spinmaster, thanks for your answer! I'm exactly the same, I don't like opening up about it either.
But in this thread I was talking more about hiding your energy, more than hiding your beliefs and not talking about it. For instance managing to hide your energy field to clairvoyant people. Do you see what I mean?

Old 04-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Ninoushka,

Interesting question. I am just curious, how would one hide their aura/ energy field ?

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Hi Ninoushka,

Interesting question. I am just curious, how would one hide their aura/ energy field ?

Adrienne

Hi,

I actually took a class on that one time. What you do is imagine how large or small you want your energy field to be. How close to the surface of the skin can you pull in your energy. Can you envision the self as energetically invisible?

However my understanding is that we are all in a new energy. The energy shift on Dec 21, 2012 was profound. The balance of light and dark has moved greatly. That the very best thing that any of us can do is avoid using protection of any kind. Our ability to broadcast compassionate energy has never been stronger or more effective.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Master
Its not too hard to do. I had a shield that I wore for about 20 years that did just that. Actually my current construct does a pretty good job of it too even though it was not really the intention behind it. Shielding is not difficult but to build a permanent construct can take quite a while, years depending on how focused you are.

First you need a concept that resonates with you. I used a black hole because it made sense to me at the time and I was studying cosmology so the imagery was fresh and powerful. My thinking was that a black hole absorbs all energy so it emits none and therefore can only be detected by a lack of energy, which few people would ever think to look for. This took a lot of work and several revisions before I no longer had to pay attention to it. After a few years it became a conscious effort to turn it off for a bit.

I would ask; why do you want to hide? If you need to know more reply here or shoot me a PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Experiencer
Adrienne, I guess the boys gave us pretty good insight :)
Thank you all for your replies.

Athribiristan, I don't particularly want to hide, although I have to admit that talking about spiritual topics with most people is something that makes me feel uncomfortable. I believe I may have been persecuted for my beliefs in past lives and now feel very shy about them.
Therefore I was wondering if somehow I could be unconsciously concealing my energy and abilities so that clairvoyant/sentient people don't see my game, so to speak

Old 04-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Master
I had a friend whose husband hides their auras. The higher the spiritual powers, the more these people are sought after by both positive and negative forces. They set up strong spiritual wards as well.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Master
Hi,

My understanding is that those of us who have been healers have also been killed for it. That the memories of those experiences are deep within the self. Beliefs that are different have always brought problems and physical punishment.

I find that the more we Respect the beliefs of others the more likely they will be to tolerate our perspectives. In my view, the key to evolution is mutual respect for one another and their beliefs.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Experiencer
Berry, John, that's exactly my point. Hence why I'm wondering if the Self may somewhat "censor" or hide the size and quality of the aura, to make it look average. That way you don't stand out as much