Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 30-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Do you have to get worse before you get better

ive been suffereing with anxiety/ptsd for about 6 years now

ive mostly blocked it out

but i read a louise hay book and she said the only way to cure it is to feel it and accept it and let it pass

ive been doing this for a week or so and its not easy,i feel quite tense and spiky and it was much easier repressing it

apparantly the theory is feel it, accept it, dont fear it or flinch from it and let it pass though you and in 3/4 weeks itll be gone

im hoping this will work for me but im not 100 % certain

what do you think guys? am i on the right path

thanks
Old 31-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee2122

but i read a louise hay book and she said the only way to cure it is to feel it and accept it and let it pass

ive been doing this for a week or so and its not easy,i feel quite tense and spiky and it was much easier repressing it

apparantly the theory is feel it, accept it, dont fear it or flinch from it and let it pass though you and in 3/4 weeks itll be gone

thanks

Hello lee2122 and welcome to the forum. I've dealt with anxiety for many years, sometimes more severe than other times, but always General Anxiety Disorder. I read the book below that was recommended to me and as I read and worked through the exercises in the book, it helped a lot. Since reading the book I try to draw from things learned from those exercises. It's kinda like meditation; the more one does it, the more benefit one gets from it. The key is to practice 'feeling' then 'letting go' of what crowds and annoys the mind. I wouldn't say I'm anxiety free - far from it, but every little bit helps so I hope the book called "The Mindful Way Through Anxiety" helps you. Best to you lee2122!

http://mindfulwaythroughanxiety.com/
Old 01-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee2122

thanks

Hi there. I was not a fan of Louise Hay. As an energy worker though, the emotions get worse before they get better and it means it goes deeper. By just feeling your emotion you give it attention which is what it needs. You also get used to it and it retrains to a certain degree. You are essentially giving your emotion love and you turn it around to understand that.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:52 AM
Master
I second what vespa68 said above, but would also like to affirm without trying to put you off that the process takes a very long time, and it might be easier to cope with if you're not expecting it to be finished so soon. It more often seems to be a lifetime journey, hopefully with many small achievements on the way.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I second what vespa68 said above, but would also like to affirm without trying to put you off that the process takes a very long time, and it might be easier to cope with if you're not expecting it to be finished so soon. It more often seems to be a lifetime journey, hopefully with many small achievements on the way.

Absolutely and people can easily lie to themselves about their emotion thinking they are done with something and then it comes back at another level because it needs to be better understood.