Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-05-2011, 03:58 PM
sweetdisposition

What is happening to me? Am I slowly starting to remember a past life?

Hello & love to all

Please bear with me with this because I am having difficulty explaining what has been happening to me especially over the last month or two.

I have been experiencing strange, almost trance-like feelings that happen several times a day, and this has been happening for the past two months maybe, but certainly over the last couple of weeks it has become more and more frequent. A normal day-to-day word or phrase which doesn't appear to have any significance at the time will trigger this "feeling" which just seems to send me into a trance-like state, that is the only way I can describe it, it makes me feel really strange and I feel like a different person almost. It's a different feeling to experiencing deja-vu - I almost feel like I'm not the same person, like I'm not sure of who I am, and the person that I am talking to, I feel like I am seeing them as a different person.

I feel like I still KNOW that person but they are someone else, maybe someone I used to know them as. I know this makes little sense, I am struggling to describe it. Today, I was talking to a friend I have been very close to for three years. For the first time ever whilst talking to her I experienced one of these feelings and suddenly I thought for just a few seconds she was a totally different person but I still felt as though I knew her. This has happened with my partner only recently and another friend we are both close to. It happened with my Mother the other day, but other than that, it happens when I am by myself, mostly. I'll be watching something on the television and it will trigger me off and I will feel like a different person all over again for just a split second.

I don't hear voices and these feelings only happen for around 5 to 10 seconds maximum.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it might be? I'm wondering whether, very slowly, I am starting to remember people from past lives that are in my life now. Could that be so? Have any of you experienced what I am experiencing?

Thankyou xx
Old 17-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Enya

I can't be sure, but this does sound similar to something a friend told me, that some people are experiencing 'dimensional shifts' (her words). This means for a split second or so, their awareness sort of side-steps into another dimension of existance, so they are aware of other lives, spirits etc.
It sounds darn freaky! but I don't think it's anything to worry about unless it impedes on your daily life or emotional balance. Do try to make sure you are grounded (via eating, drinking water, meditating) and perhaps it would be worth noting what you pick up about people.
Old 17-05-2011, 04:13 PM
sweetdisposition

Thank you Enya x

Maybe I should point out that I have been stressed lately due to intense studying but I am still eating, drinking and sleeping fine. I just don't know why it has started happening!

Yes, I definitely feel as though I am experiencing something not quite "in this world"...it is too difficult to explain and it is frustrating that I can't describe it properly. I don't see spirits or orbs or anything like that, I just feel strange and like I'm viewing someone in the body that they are in but I have known them before or am seeing them differently. I can't truly follow the conversation, I just stop talking as it happens and my facial expression must change aswell because when it happened the other day my partner asked if I was Ok. I just stopped almost functioning for the few seconds it was happening.

Thanks again Enya xx
Old 17-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Enya

Perhaps you need to do some serious grounding to get your mind out of the mental arena for a while. Often a long period of study can unbalance the energy centres and it could be that you are shifting your awareness into the etheric, rather than staying in the physical.

A basic grounding exercise is to imagine your spine is a tree and your feet send roots down into the earth, as deep as you can manage. Allow all the stress to flow down the roots and pull up earth energy to your heart, as an anchor. This might help.
Old 17-05-2011, 04:27 PM
sweetdisposition

Yes, I'm sure the studying is taking its toll on me! However I have been studying for years now and this has only really started to happen over the last couple of months (up until now it would happen once every 4 months or so). I will certainly try that exercise, thank you :) x
Old 17-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Coming2

Enya....I love your posts!! You have such great insight!!

Hi there sweet....I would definitely agree that stress can cause the mind to shift like Enya said. I know exactly what you are talking about so please dont feel crazy. It can be very scary and otherworldly to experience what you are talking about. I think a thing to remember is that every person that you are close to has been placed into your life for a reason...chosen by you before you ever set foot here. Your core group has been with you for many, many lives in one form or another so seeing them differently wouldnt be so odd considering how many forms they have taken throughout time. I know it must be unnerving for you but rest assured that anything that weighs heavy on us and causes us stress, anxiety or fear can bring about these shifts of perception. Perhaps there is a message you are meant to learn through this. Are you able to put any situations together when you see these people as other people?? You have peaked my curiosity!!

Love and Light~
Old 17-05-2011, 09:26 PM
sweetdisposition

Hi Coming2

I posted this thread really because I was starting to think I might be becoming a little crazy! Like I have said in a previous post, I have experienced this MILDLY before and VERY rarely. So I can only presume it is either happening again because of being under stress or there is another reason for it.

I do believe that I have known the people close to me in my life in other lives I really wish I was better with words and at describing things; whilst I'm experiencing it, I try to ask myself questions, like who I am and who the person is infront of me that is making me feel "strange", but because it only happens for such a short space of time, I don't get any answers, and suddenly I'm in the "real world" again. On one or two occassions I have felt totally different like I am not me as I know myself now, and I can even imagine my facial features changing although I can't actually see what I would look like. I cannot put any situations together when I see these people as other people, although when I talked to my close friend today and had one of these experiences, I did have a strong feeling I had known her before, and I am not sure whether I "made up" the rest of it, but I believed that her appearance hadn't actually changed too much from last time, and her kindness and her humour was the same. It made me feel quite overwhelmed really, like I was understanding she was a friend from my past. I don't actually visualize or see them physically as different people - they look the same as always when I look at them.

Thank you so much for your reply Coming2 xxx
Old 17-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Enya

Thanks, Coming2.
Sweet, you might like to try thinking about your insights after they've happened. The information will be in your memory, so all you need do is trust it is so and access it. For instance, some years ago I was connected with a past life and felt some members of my family were there. Thinking about it afterward, I 'saw' their faces in that lifetime and knew which were my present mother, husband and daughter. It's a very subtle thing, so try to trust whatever you get.