Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbirds
As funny as it sounds, I'm scared of stickers... Even the word makes me cringe. Like, if there's one near me I just freak out and I have to go out the room until it's been removed...

My youngest boy shrieks the house down if he spies a sticker, especially one on his food (apples and such). Preschool and such are always trying to give stickers for rewards, on clothes or hands - they know better than to try that now.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Master
Was afraid of spiders, skulls and skeletons as a young kid, but not anymore.

I don't like certain high places and one of my common uncomfortable dreams involves being on a narrow passage on the side of a steep place.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:44 AM
epicsinner

There are numerous phobias, but most popular are fear of creepy crawlies like spiders, lizards, insects, cockroaches , rats etc and fear of height, but most can be done away with with a bit of exposure , like holding a spider in ones hand, and frequenting high rise places.Its a mental thing which can be easily cured imo.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Master
I used to have no problems with escalators, down or up, but now I can go up but scared to go down them. My son was the same way always, could go up but not down.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:35 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I have a fear of being trapped underground - its not something I always had, it developed gradually. I used to be quite happy to visit caves, but now the thoughts of it make me nervous.

I feel like this was a past life thing, as I have never had any incidents (at least that I'm aware of) that would effect me this way.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 AM
AngelicOrin

I am absolutely afraid of heights, but I love being up high (like inside a building). Also spiders..hate spiders, I freak out over them...and it has gotten worse lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
If then, we cannot find a source for our phobia in this life time, as it possible that we aquired our phobia in some other life?
I did a reading for a friend and found out she had been a witch in a Past Life and had been burned at the stake. It turned out she had an irrational fear of even the smallest fire, even to the point of not wanting to go near a barby.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
AngelicOrin

I have a weird thing that has begun since moving in to the house I am in atm, I HAVE to switch off all electrical appliances at the switch - especially my bedroom - before leaving the house. I know it won't spark or anything....its some wierd COD i bet.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Master
I think it's not just phobias. I think some of what makes you you is also from other lives, other experiences. Why injustice gets your blood up, why you risk your life to save a child or another person...perhaps you were persecuted...perhaps no one stood for you there. Why you fear abandonment...perhaps you lived during wartime and experienced this. Etc....

It's not always pleasant to put the pieces together, but then again so many of us have experienced similar things in other times and other places.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Phobia's are a very real part of a persons life and yet some seem to have no attributable source in this life time, some phobias might be considered even irrational and have no reasonable explanation behind them.

If then, we cannot find a source for our phobia in this life time, as it possible that we aquired our phobia in some other life?

Neville - My phobia is definitely from another lifetime. I was an Early American Westerner male that got in trouble with the law and was hung in another life. To this day I cannot wear anything remotely tight around my neck and throat such as a buttoned-up shirt or a turtle neck. Someone was massaging my neck once and brought their hands around close to my throat and I screamed bloody murder. They laughed and asked what the heck was wrong with me. I've been regressed before so I do recall the hanging memory. But I feel a little silly announcing the reason for my phobia to people. But then again, here I am talking about it.

Blackraven