Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Master
trees debugged

I have many ash trees on my lot. One of the larger ash trees has been attacked by local insect borers. There are holes on the bark and trunk and the bark has been falling off. I had no choice but to call in the tree doctor to inject bug poison in order to save the trees. We've just lost 4 large Elm trees this year and would be very saddened to lose the remaining ash trees. We'd thought we lost one tree because the leaves didn't emerge this year but the tree doctor said 4 were lost.

I had a dream of one of our trees several years ago. I was sitting under this beautiful white tree version of our current diseased ash tree and the bark was falling off and white seeds were scattered everywhere. It's a lot like death and rebirth. I'm mesmerized looking at the cottony seeds blown about by gentle winds.

I'm wondering if the tree was trying to tell me something years ago and if it were able to see it's future diseased state. My friend told me that I was dreaming of the world tree but now I think I was dreaming of my ash tree.

I feel bad about the insects but my trees come first.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Master
It's sad when trees get sick and have bugs bugging them. I grew up on 10 acres with so many trees, most of them maples - as a kid, I didn't have to do the worrying - my folks did, of course. Unfortunately, with the weather changes, especially the warmer weather, there will be more bugs in the future to contend with. I love trees so much, so I can appreciate your worry.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Master
Thanks SG. The Emerald Ash Borer is already in my state and the ash trees are in real big trouble. Once infected, if untreated, the ash trees will all die out in 2-3 years.
Old 14-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Master
I know what you mean, Berry. I hate to kill anything, but I stepped on an emerald ash borer a few months back. They are pretty, but I agree, the trees come first. When they can take down a whole tree...wow. They are a huge issue here. I see the Purple cloth thingamagigs here and there taking samples of how many are in the area.

there's another insect that's been killing off forests of Austrian pines. Within one year these beautiful forests I would pass were dead. It was quite horrifying to me. Then right down the road from me this beautiful one I admired daily was killed off by the insect. I have one that my dad gave me and I get so concerned that bug will kill it off without me knowing.

I have planted mountain ash around my pond, I think that's what they are, with the orange berries for the birds, but I also have some other ashes that I planted all over. I love them.
Old 23-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Master
Hi Sarian. Sorry for the late reply. I just saw your post. Insects are amazing. They can down trees and plants in relatively short time. It's so sad that the Austrian pines have died off. Your mountain ash seems beautiful. I too, planted more ash trees in my yard.

Another tree, behind my ash tree is dying. It's in my neighbor's yard. I don't know if it's the changing climate or insects or both but I've been seeing a lot of dying large trees around my neighborhood.