Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 20-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Master
Lightbulb Why would Deities want to be with Mortals romantically ?

I just think hearing all this talk about deities falling for mortals is kind of funny considering that would be a "Downgrade" I assume. Like you are a Goddess but instead of being interested in another God you would rather be with a human. I'm not saying all stories are like that because I think the Sirens lure men out in the sea with their songs I'm not sure about the intentions .
I question I recently started to think about because in my Sci-Fi story that I have one of the protagonist is a Celestial energy being is skeptical about ever being with a earthling at first.
Old 20-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Master
'Im not saying it is a bad thing I'd like to be pursued by a deity and have hybrid children too.
Old 20-08-2021, 10:08 PM
Master
Not exactly sure what you're talkin about. Too many big words. I think you mean, why would a god or goddess get romantically involved with a human. Obviously because the story is written by humans who fantasize about a connection with a god or goddess. It would make more sense for a god or goddess to be more romantically and emotionally invested in plants and animals. They are far more innocent and connected to nature.
Old 20-08-2021, 11:35 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
...because the story is written by humans who fantasize about a connection with a god or goddess.
I would say that's it right there. End of story! So well said!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-08-2021, 12:39 AM
Master
Not quite sure what constitutes a deity, yet I had many connections with an angelic entity, who is very close to Rah nam, and Rah nam of cause is me when I am not incarnated.
I only like to say, this could be the case for those who are her to be of service.
Old 21-08-2021, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Not exactly sure what you're talkin about. Too many big words. I think you mean, why would a god or goddess get romantically involved with a human. Obviously because the story is written by humans who fantasize about a connection with a god or goddess. It would make more sense for a god or goddess to be more romantically and emotionally invested in plants and animals. They are far more innocent and connected to nature.
yeah that is what I mean I think A Deity getting involved with a human seems like it would be a downgrade . I also understand why humans would want to fantasize about immortals falling for them they are "Larger than Life" and have powers.
Old 21-08-2021, 08:35 AM
Master
What a funny topic!
Hmm but to be serious, maybe they would do so because this world of 'the flesh' offers pleasures that they can't have in 'the heavens'. Like when an upper class princess, always used to grace and elegance, feels attracted to a wild, barbaric man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I'm not saying all stories are like that because I think the Sirens lure men out in the sea with their songs I'm not sure about the intentions .
They mate with them to create siren babies, then the men are eaten...
Old 21-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
[b]What a funny topic!
Hmm but to be serious, maybe they would do so because this world of 'the flesh' offers pleasures that they can't have in 'the heavens'. Like when an upper class princess, always used to grace and elegance, feels attracted to a wild, barbaric man.

They mate with them to create siren babies, then the men are eaten...

Thanks Altair that was my intent on this topic. I think you are right about "the world of 'Flesh' offers pleasures they can't have in the 'heavens'."

I like the way you worded that. I'm not keen on Siren /Mermaid mythology so thanks for the tidbit .

Hey Male Deities I may not be able to shoot lightning bolts from my hand but I have a nice personality. I'm one Extraordinary human from Wisconsin.
Old 21-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Master
There are stories of deities falling in love with humans.

Selene, the Moon Goddess in Greek polytheism, had an affair with the shepherd Endymion.

In some Asian religions, the gods are not 'perfect' and may incarnate again as humans, to experience things they cannot experience as gods. It is believed that the gods experience too much comfort and too little suffering to strive for enlightenment, and humans experience enough suffering to strive for enlightenment.

Perhaps it could also be true that some gods are interested in other things, certain pleasures, they just can't experience over there.
Old 21-08-2021, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Hey Male Deities I may not be able to shoot lightning bolts from my hand but I have a nice personality. I'm one Extraordinary human from Wisconsin.

I hear your prayers, human from Wisconsin. I can teach you how to conjure lightning bolts.