Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
for me it depends what the opinion is. i don't feel compassion for evil people. in fact, i want them to be punished, for their own good and learning of course. i think it is a kind of evil to not punish or push back on evil as that just leads to evil doing more evil as the bible says here:

Isaiah 5:20 ESV
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Matthew 6:13 ESV
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Proverbs 3:7 ESV
Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.

many new age types hate the word evil though so have to call it ignorance or something softer. but the soul is not evil, it is led into evil works by the ego. so it's not the true person that is evil, the soul, it's other stuff we get involved with or in. so when i say the person is evil, i mean the ego, not the soul, so not really the true person
The ' Ego ' is not evil, a healthy flexible ego is an important tool on the path to awakening.
Old 29-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you believe in the existence of "evil", you accept the normality of hate, anger, fear. That's detrimental to your well-being at every level.

I believe that reality actually works the other way around: hate, anger, fear cause those who experience them to also experience "evil".

Ego isn't evil; it is an integral part of your whole-self. You just have to harmonize your ego with the other parts, and skillfully use it for what it is: your whole-self's interface with the physical framework.

If your left hand is less proficient, you don't call it "evil", you integrate it and use it.
Exactly
Old 29-01-2021, 10:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The ' Ego ' is not evil

It can be,if left to it's own devices,through lack of will.
Old 29-01-2021, 11:35 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
If you believe in the existence of "evil", you accept the normality of hate, anger, fear. That's detrimental to your well-being at every level.

i think the opposite is true. if one can't recognize evil and fight it, they feed it, sustain it, become it, let it loose on the innocent. it's not even a belief. it is plainly evident like your hand. recognizing evil is higher awareness. it has nothing to do with hate, anger, or fear. if anything those pretending there is no evil are fearful. then they hate and are angry with anyone who disagrees with them, which is a form of evil. but those who lead sheltered pampered lives are not to blame for their ignorance as they have no experience with evil.

Quote:
I believe that reality actually works the other way around: [b]hate, anger, fear cause those who experience them to also experience "evil".

i think that is that common new age belief that we cause all of our own suffering which is hurtful non-sense to me. innocent people get murdered everyday and worse. it is not their fault. kids get fatal diseases. not their fault. jesus was murdered by evil people. not his fault. it's like that belief some new age people have that we cause our own illnesses. i have a friend that died of a 99% curable illness because his wife believed she could heal him with her spiritual powers so she did not let him go to a doctor.

Quote:
Ego isn't evil; it is an integral part of your whole-self. You just have to harmonize your ego with the other parts, and skillfully use it for what it is: your whole-self's interface with the physical framework.

If your left hand is less proficient, you don't call it "evil", you integrate it and use it.

or many of us, souls, subdue a lot of ego as that is what our spiritual level is. so it's not that some ego's are not evil, it's that we are keeping them under control and in check. i don't think it is about integration at all. we are either going with ego and usually harming some other person, or feeling superior to others in some way, or angry at others, holding on to that past hurts with anger, or we have recognized and put away the ego, subdued it's non-sense and unloving nature.
Old 30-01-2021, 12:30 AM
Master

Quote:
i think the opposite is true. if one can't recognize evil and fight it, they feed it, sustain it, become it, let it loose on the innocent. it's not even a belief. it is plainly evident like your hand. recognizing evil is higher awareness. it has nothing to do with hate, anger, or fear. if anything those pretending there is no evil are fearful. then they hate and are angry with anyone who disagrees with them, which is a form of evil. but those who lead sheltered pampered lives are not to blame for their ignorance as they have no experience with evil.

i think that is that common new age belief that we cause all of our own suffering which is hurtful non-sense to me. innocent people get murdered everyday and worse. it is not their fault. kids get fatal diseases. not their fault. jesus was murdered by evil people. not his fault. it's like that belief some new age people have that we cause our own illnesses. i have a friend that died of a 99% curable illness because his wife believed she could heal him with her spiritual powers so she did not let him go to a doctor.

or many of us, souls, subdue a lot of ego as that is what our spiritual level is. so it's not that some ego's are not evil, it's that we are keeping them under control and in check. i don't think it is about integration at all. we are either going with ego and usually harming some other person, or feeling superior to others in some way, or angry at others, holding on to that past hurts with anger, or we have recognized and put away the ego, subdued it's non-sense and unloving nature.
I disagree on (almost) every point you made. It happens.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-01-2021, 05:59 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
I disagree on (almost) every point you made. It happens.

that's a good thing!
Old 30-01-2021, 08:05 AM
Master
Quote:

You said in a previous Post that the ' Ego ' is satanic, I asked you was Jesus satanic when He said ,

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

He use ' I ' and ' Me ' which obviously comes from the ego. Do you think these are satanic words ?
Old 30-01-2021, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Pnut
It can be,if left to it's own devices,through lack of will.

I would say lack of Wisdom rather than will.
Old 30-01-2021, 08:31 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You said in a previous Post that the ' Ego ' is satanic,

can you post where i said the ego is satanic? i don't think i would ever use the word "satanic," i guess i can search for it since i have nothing to do right now. ok i will look for it!
Old 30-01-2021, 08:58 AM
AbodhiSky

i could not find anywhere i said that but i like this:

here is a catholic priest talking about the ego or false self: i had to cut this quote down to a few sentences per forum rules:

"Every one of us is shadowed by an illusory person: a false self (and) we are not very good at recognizing illusions, least of all the ones we cherish about ourselves and which feed the roots of sin. A life devoted to the cult of this shadow is what is called a life of sin and for most people, there is no greater subjective reality than this false self of theirs, which cannot exist."

https://cac.org/the-illusion-of-our-...lf-2017-08-15/