Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-01-2021, 12:11 PM
ketzer

The Kingdom of Heaven

The Kingdom of Heaven

Jesus often mentions the Kingdom of Heaven. But it becomes apparent to me that what that means to Christians may vary quite a bit.

Some see it as a metaphor pointing to a deeper spiritual meaning. Not so much of an actual place, but more of a state of mind. Reached through transformation rather than through transportation.

While for others, it seems to have the more traditional meaning of an actual Kingdom. A time and place where God will sit on a throne, dictate the law, and Jesus will sit at his right hand as the Hand of the King. There may even be Angels, Popes, Bishops, and even Televangelists to fill out the court and administer the law.

How do you understand or view this “Kingdom of Heaven”?

Where is it? Is there a tube stop? How does it come about?
Who must create it? Who will rule it? Who will be allowed in?
What is its purpose? What will there be to eat? What do you think it was actually intended to mean (whether you like it or not)?
Why is it to be created? Why was it not just created to begin with?
Do you have to answer all of these questions? No, you can cherry pick or even add and addlib.

A world on other faiths:
I realize this is a Christianity forum, and so it is not the place, or at least this is not the thread, to argue whose religion is the best, or go into deep discussions about nuanced points in other faiths. However, much of my own interpretations of Christian teachings are informed by looking at the other faiths and belief systems (and vice versa). I think it is fine to explain that one believes such and such because they see parallels with this or that other faith or philosophy.

But if you want to fight about whose faith is right… take it outside where we have prepared a nice pit of mud to wrestle in. Who knows, someone could get saved, born again in the midst of a muddy headlock, just let it happen out there.
Old 30-01-2021, 01:40 PM
Master
Well I'm in Heaven right now, eating Miss H's triple choc cake so it must be a state of mind,
Old 30-01-2021, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
The Kingdom of Heaven

How do you understand or view this “Kingdom of Heaven”?

Where is it?
Um, it's within. Not rocket science.
If someone says it isn't, coming only from the intellect - they simply have not exp'd it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
The Kingdom of Heaven

Jesus often mentions the Kingdom of Heaven. But it becomes apparent to me that what that means to Christians may vary quite a bit.

Some see it as a metaphor pointing to a deeper spiritual meaning. Not so much of an actual place, but more of a state of mind. Reached through transformation rather than through transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If someone says it isn't, coming only from the intellect - they simply have not exp'd it.

As you wrote in your posts, I view the Kingdom of God as being "within" and a state " Reached through transformation rather than through transportation".
Old 30-01-2021, 02:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Or R U just saying heaven is within because that is where you put all that wine and chocolate cake? It's coming from the stomach rather than the intellect?

Then again, the gut is a second brain you know. Maybe it is coming from your intellect after all?
Not rocket science, but food science!

All that said, I think whatever heaven I may create within, it will have the odd piece of chocolate cake, even flourless chocolate cake on special occasions.
Old 30-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
As you wrote in your posts, I view the Kingdom of God as being "within" and a state "
Reached through transformation rather than through transportation".
Yes. It is an awareness that is reached or attained or better ---revealed,
like fog clearing
and suddenly, Voila....hahah, sudden at that moment of the reveal- but
maybe after 3-6 hours in absolute stillness - almost beyond most people's imagination!
Almost breathless...practiced for, well, maybe years, decades depending on your regular, sincere, steadfast,
disciplined, earnest, focused practice
My exp.
Could be easier for someone else. Look at Ramana Maharshi - not much work at all!
I see that as riding the wave from past efforts.
I definitely had graces from the past...my Journey started a long time ago...
and it was a rocky road! (Talking about past lives for those not following me.)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Or R U just saying heaven is within because that is where you put all that wine and chocolate cake?
That would be triple chocolate cake and Martinis.

Old 30-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Molearner

The kingdom of heaven by any other name might be Christ consciousness or Christ realization...
Old 30-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The kingdom of heaven by any other name might be Christ consciousness or Christ realization...
Yup. Just an aside:
It is where God is (dwells, abides)...if that's what 'art' means.

Old 30-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner