Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Master
Janielee, Excellent question. Developing subconscious awareness is one of the goals of spiritual development, helping a person to become conscious of what they may be doing unconsciously is also one of the goals of mental health therapy. Through constant quiet meditation we expand our awareness, and in expanding our awareness we can become more conscious of subconscious activity.

I use the terms “unconscious, subconscious, and sublime consciousness” interchangeably, but some might feel those are different aspects of consciousness. In Hindu philosophy subconscious energy is called “Prakriti.“ Some believe that this same energy, which we call “subconscious,” is what the physical universe is made from.

Our subconscious operates the automatic systems in our physical body. The subconscious is subordinate to our waking objective mind; it formulates suggestions from the way we think, speak, and act, and it puts those suggestions into practice. We are in constant communication with our own subconscious.

If we were to reduce this to numbers, our attention would be number one and our subconscious would be number two, as subconscious duplicates what we give our attention to. I don’t think we should attempt to “clear” subconscious as much as we might attempt to transform our subconscious.

In mental health intervention we try to come to terms with what we may have stuffed down inside ourselves, but to come to terms with that stuff we first have to become conscious of it. For me writing my autobiography helped me to see patterns in my self which I held for many years. I took my time, a whole year, to write my autobiography. It was very therapeutic.

Another little exercise is to write down what you think are the top three things that has influenced your life the most. You can list a bunch but then narrow it down to the top three. This will give you some idea of what has molded and shaped your character, and what may be in your subconscious. Also changing your self talk, or our internal dialogue, can help to transform subconscious. Transforming your subconscious patterns will also transform the cells in your physical body.

All you want to do is clear your subconscious of unwanted patterns, and that in my opinion is a worthy task. Talking sense to yourself is helpful but also behavior modification techniques, like chaining; working on things as you become aware of them in small increments, and chaining those increments together over time. Journal, keep a record of the work you want to do on your self. Do not judge yourself too harshly, we are all perfect given our current level of awareness, skills and abilities, and those will potentially grow with increased awareness.

Getting the proper sleep, eating well, lots of water, and a good attitude, can go a long ways. I use lots of different techniques and approaches. Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, etc. I do not put all my eggs in one basket. I sat down and developed a comprehensive program for myself and I do not give up, or beat myself up, if I don’t work my program as intended. I am still working on myself, and I apologize for this long winded post.