Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-08-2020, 05:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
you can't make it other than it is, so you just know 'this is what's like'.

but then you are accepting instead of resisting.... so you just changed your experience of "it"

you made it other than it is...

how what is is experienced can be changed by volition...

but then volition or "will" can have a source of ego and ignorance or a source of understanding and wisdom
Old 14-08-2020, 06:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
My way is to accept that ups and downs are an inevitable on the life path. When things are great I know it won't last. When things are rough I know it'll pass.

To know what is true is key to my navigation, and I'm not saying I'm good at it, but knowing how I am without the nagging need to be better lets me keep the peace. This is a more powerful driver of positive change than any will I might have to improve myself. It is inevitable that I'll change, and self-awareness is key to positive transformation. It's nature's way to be sentient-aware, which is the truthful path - as opposed to the path which follows delusion.

When I wander off track in emotion and distraction, it never leads me anywhere good, so each time I notice I've gone awry, I return to where I am, where awareness exists with the actuality of lived experience.

that is a general core practice i use. i also go against it as a practice as well. it just depends on what is seeming effective. but your first paragraph especially is concrete always.

i wonder gem if you ever in your practice try sometimes to go inward and unravel some emotional blockages. its another way of growth that can sometimes help. live through it in embracement and see where it takes u. no idea if its something that works for all or you.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-08-2020, 06:32 AM
Knower

Maintaining a perpetual balance between
being in this world yet not of it.
Old 14-08-2020, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Maintaining a perpetual balance between
being in this world yet not of it.

The Middle Way... Perfect.
Old 18-08-2020, 02:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Middle Way... Perfect.

But then if one is so inclined, no way at all, which is a way.
Old 20-08-2020, 06:49 AM
Master
Just thought I'd get back here and say a thing or two.

Even though it called 'Buddhism' and there is supposed to be a way to be Buddhist, Buddha himself only taught the truth of nature. It's just that things work in particular ways, but it wasn't about knowing how things are, but the depth of wisdom into natures way. Everyone knows things, but wisdom is living by it, so that's something to remember as a bit of a prompt. Maybe make a small note on side of the mirror: 'Live By It'.

Just be clear, 'live by it' doesn't mean always remember to act like a Buddhist - it means having the self awareness, honesty, and the wisdom to keep an even keel and do what is for the best. It isn't easy to do because the mind starts to react, the stability is lost, and we have little issues and insecurities, vanities etc that lead into dumb as things. I do them every day and can usually laugh them off, but sometimes it's not funny at all.

Anyway. Be happy.
Old 20-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Even though it called 'Buddhism' and there is supposed to be a way to be Buddhist, Buddha himself only taught the truth of nature. It's just that things work in particular ways, but it wasn't about knowing how things are, but the depth of wisdom into natures way. Everyone knows things, but wisdom is living by it, so that's something to remember as a bit of a prompt. Maybe make a small note on side of the mirror: 'Live By It'.

Just be clear, 'live by it' doesn't mean always remember to act like a Buddhist - it means having the self awareness, honesty, and the wisdom to keep an even keel and do what is for the best. It isn't easy to do because the mind starts to react, the stability is lost, and we have little issues and insecurities, vanities etc that lead into dumb as things. I do them every day and can usually laugh them off, but sometimes it's not funny at all.

Anyway. Be happy.

' Just be clear, 'live by it' doesn't mean always remember to act like a Buddhist '

Maybe not to you personally but I'm sure Buddhists would disagree.... They are happy being Buddhist.
Old 20-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Anyway. Be happy.

I'd agree with all of that. All religions or philosophies potentially point to the same experiences, the same universal truths or actualities. It's like different gift wrappings, for the same gifts inside.

For me, I am careful in what I associate with as far as defining or describing "it" as then I have changed it haven't I? I am associating with ideas as a part of it which is wholly optional. "It" or "this" or "now" doesn't necessarily have to include some mental ideas about it, some descriptions, some labels, some repetitive conceptual associations with the past or memory.

To look to the past, last month, last week, an hour ago, a second ago, is to include an idea about now in the now, which is not a "zen" way to be or live. But then neither is to add an idea about an idea.... as I have just done! To be here now with the understanding ALL mental fabrications are delusional in some way as now is brand new, clean, pure, as it is.... then we choose what of now is manifested as perception and experience... and mental content is always readily available as content as we are merged with this body and it's mind so it's as simple and focusing on it as it arises.

We then describe and experience it as existing, as real, as our perception as that is where our attention is, but then our attention can be elsewhere, our relationship with our mental content can be different, to prefer one to the other can also be a continuation of the association with the conceptual or mental. Now is perfect as it is with no effort needed in us to bring it into being. It's not something we need to do to reside in. We are already residing there. It's simply our attention has been caught by something else, and so that is what we perceive and experience.

Last edited by Phaelyn : 20-08-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 20-08-2020, 08:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I'm sure Buddhists would disagree.... They are happy being Buddhist.

By "being" there you mean identifying with. And we can always change what we are identifying with. That means we never actually "are" what we are identifying with. It is a temporary thing we are projecting and experiencing.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
By "being" there you mean identifying with. And we can always change what we are identifying with. That means we never actually "are" what we are identifying with. It is a temporary thing we are projecting and experiencing.

That makes sense.

Even a Buddhist happy being a Buddhist doesn’t mean his every act is alligned to being that.

His process will show it’s just a guide to know deeper truths that are as you say, ‘ identified with’ something he or she uses as the means to acquaint themselves with themselves as that ever changing view reveals.