Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM
embrace

How do you know your guide is not made up?

Hi all,

I'm not implying all angels / guides are made up, but sometimes it seems that people do make those up to feel more secure. I believe I myself did make myself believe that I was contacting my guide in dreams, but now I doubt it was true - it was a difficult period of my life when I felt lonely and I really needed to feel some sort of support.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Neville

Hello embrace,

Some people see a guide as a metaphor for the higher self/inner self and it is I think fair to say that if this is the case, It is possibly an internal process and so naturally we can come to doubt the authenticity of that inner voice and suppose that it is our imagination. Imagination gets a bit of a bad press though.

Imagination has produced all the great art works across many mediums from painting to music , novels to movies. Because these were produced from a reality created within the imagination.

I think access to these things are in built by default to all of us... I think that even if you imagined a thing you still have the choice to decide whether its real for you personally,

Middle Earth was as real in Tolkeins mind as Hogwarts is to Joanna Rowling. Real Places in a Persons Brain, Real Characters populating these inner realms.

Your Guides are as real as you want them to be. At any time in your life.

Imagination is not necessarily indicative of thing lacking in substance or authenticity. Further it is clearly probable that the physical realities we occupy while wide awake are very easily replaced when we dream or meditate deeply.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Better known as Jo

Hi Embrace,

I doubted myself and my Guides for many years as I also thought the NDE I had as a child was a fluke and could be written off to imagination. But, over the years so many things happened and I could no longer deny my experience and my Guides as part of my life.

The things that happened were strong feelings of having to move across the country, knowing that I wasn't going to have a child until I moved, and it goes on and on.

Sure, people can make them up to feel secure. Some lie about money and status to feel better, so why not? What's important is what you believe, what you feel. If you think you made it up then that's how you feel and who am I to try to convince you otherwise?

Life is what you make it.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Master
embrace... It takes time and careful self-honesty to tell the difference between our guides and our imagination.

You can always ask them to help you with this, and anything else as well.

My most frequent request has always been, "Please help" without telling them how... as they are much wiser than we are.

Xan

Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Chalk1990

People need to remember that our imagination is not a realm of fake, unreal thoughts. Your imagination can be influenced by external sources, and God. Our thoughts are more powerful than people understand. Thoughts control the world, everything starts with a thought, then can be created into reality.

Doubting yourself is your Ego messing with your Higher Self to make you think negatively. Doubting is negative, it is the opposite of Confidence in my opinion because If you doubt yourself you are thinking low of yourself, if you have confidence, you think highly of yourself.. Ego is that inner voice speaking negativity. Over-Confidence is the work of the Ego also, making you feel like you are better than everyone around you.

Everyone has a different view on Ego, scientifically, or spiritually.

1. Ego is the inner voice speaking negativity.
2. Higher Self is the inner voice speaking positivity.
3. Higher Self is the Real You, which is entirely perfect, and clean.
4. The little Devil, and Angel on your shoulders is a real thing, just made metaphorically into characters for others to understand. The Devil being your Ego, and the Angel being your Higher Self.

I always catch my Ego saying bad things to myself, but I am so spiritually aware during this phase of my life, I tell my Ego to "Shut up!" because I know that's who is speaking. For example, when I am at work my inner voice tends to say "You are so bad at this", but since I learned to detach myself from believing these negative lies, my Ego speaks as if it is a separate entity, it no longer says "I", because "I" is now in line with my Higher Self, and not my Ego. Anything "I" say is positive when referring to myself in my inner chatter. Although as Humans we tend to stick to our comfort levels, and I will some times dip into my Egotistical thoughts, but I never lose my sense of spiritual purpose.

The Ego was created so that we could teach ourselves self confidence, morals, and wisdom. Those who learn to not listen to their Ego, and to not buy into the negative thoughts that it spews out into the inner dialogue, learn, and understand life lessons at a much faster rate, than those who buy into the self conscious lies.

Know that everything you experience, be it while meditating, or dreaming, happens for a reason, if you had an NDE, or you met your guide while you were dreaming, know that it was real. Beneath all the clutter of the sub conscious mind, is where the truth sits, waiting to be discovered by those who are able to dig so deep. Your mind will tend to viciously entwine thoughts, and dreams beyond recognition because that's just how Human minds operate, it's trying to find that truth on its own, and that's why some dreams come out so odd, and weird, when in theory the meaning of the dreams, or experiences are so simple. Do not doubt yourself, trust yourself.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Master
Hi embrace,

The guides and angels are always present. It is by using our imagination that we can connect with them in a conscious manner.

The logical mind does not like that and will tell you that your experience was Not Real. I say, ask your body how it felt when it was comforted.

I suggest that you trust your experience more than your thinking.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Queen Of Light

Well said Chalk1990!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Deactivated Account
I like what both Chalk and John say. There's nothing unreal about imagination. In my experience, imagination is what links us to other realms. I was a very imaginative child and always had my head in fantasy and now, as an adult, it is clear to me that this paved the way for the spiritual awakening I had. When we are open, in whatever form this takes, spirit can communicate with us. There are no barriers.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Master
I have a different view. Sometimes imagination can be a springboard into the real dimensions beyond this world, but if one stays in wishful thinking and fantasy the benefits from the personal guidance and presence of true light beings will not be there.

Imagination can't take you beyond yourself because it comes from the mind that you think you are. Spirit guides can.

Xan

Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Neville

Any of the above comments that endorse the genuine value of the imagination are to me vitally important and pertinent, Without your imagination, you may well never commune with your guides, But don't mind me.. I'm only Neville.. Instead,, read the words of Gibran.

Thoughts have a higher dewlling place than the visible world, and its skies are not clouded by sensuality. Imagination finds a road to the realm of the gods, and there man can glimpse that which is to be after the souls' liberation from the world of substance.