Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Racer X

Fear/Anxiety/Stress and Forgiveness....

Lesson 332 ~ Fear binds the world. Forgiveness sets it free.

Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles

The ego makes illusions. Truth undoes its evil dreams by shining them away. Truth never makes attack. It merely is. And by its presence is the mind recalled from fantasies, awaking to the real. Forgiveness bids this presence enter in, and take its rightful place within the mind. Without forgiveness is the mind in chains, believing in its own futility. Yet with forgiveness does the light shine through the dream of darkness, offering it hope, and giving it the means to realize the freedom that is its inheritance.
We would not bind the world again today. Fear holds it prisoner. And yet Your Love has given us the means to set it free. Father, we would release it now. For as we offer freedom, it is given us. And we would not remain as prisoners, while You are holding freedom out to us.
Old 28-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Lesson 332 ~ Fear binds the world. Forgiveness sets it free.

Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles

The ego makes illusions. Truth undoes its evil dreams by shining them away. Truth never makes attack. It merely is. And by its presence is the mind recalled from fantasies, awaking to the real. Forgiveness bids this presence enter in, and take its rightful place within the mind. Without forgiveness is the mind in chains, believing in its own futility. Yet with forgiveness does the light shine through the dream of darkness, offering it hope, and giving it the means to realize the freedom that is its inheritance.
We would not bind the world again today. Fear holds it prisoner. And yet Your Love has given us the means to set it free. Father, we would release it now. For as we offer freedom, it is given us. And we would not remain as prisoners, while You are holding freedom out to us.
Oh my God, will you quote ACIM everyday!!?!

Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Why do we forgive, how do we forgive...when we are in God-consciousness- we see so clearly - the neighbor is me - the neighbor is hurt- the neighbor is acting out from pain - the neighbor is in a cloud of illusion - but, even so, is being used to give me an opportunity to see myself in her and God in both of us acting out a Dance set up long ago.
Forgiving and seeing Truth in the Dance sets us free from the ego to realize what all this is.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2010, 01:46 PM
shepherd

Quote:

That sounds wonderful and wise but the truth doesnt always set the mind free. My clients often know the truth and can quote the most wisest of sayings from various texts yet their instinctive part of the brain the limbic is behaving very differently so regardless of what they know is the truth, they feel they cant help but act in another way. This isnt the ego by the way, its just part of their brain simply being over active due to pressure, stress and general anxiety. Some people are more prone to anxiety than others due to their DNA makeup. Clients tell me that despite their best efforts they cant help but act in a way which feels like they are not in control. This is an anxious mind running instinctively and also when it does this it shuts out the rationality from the cortexs, which its designed to do.

Wisdom comes in many forms and whilst some of it makes total sense sometimes it also isnt practical and doesnt take into account the natural functions of the brain and our psychological make up. (we are all irrational thinkers)
Old 28-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
That sounds wonderful and wise but the truth doesnt always set the mind free. My clients often know the truth and can quote the most wisest of sayings from various texts yet their instinctive part of the brain the limbic is behaving very differently so regardless of what they know is the truth, they feel they cant help but act in another way. This isnt the ego by the way, its just part of their brain simply being over active due to pressure, stress and general anxiety. Some people are more prone to anxiety than others due to their DNA makeup. Clients tell me that despite their best efforts they cant help but act in a way which feels like they are not in control. This is an anxious mind running instinctively and also when it does this it shuts out the rationality from the cortexs, which its designed to do.

Wisdom comes in many forms and whilst some of it makes total sense sometimes it also isnt practical and doesnt take into account the natural functions of the brain and our psychological make up. (we are all irrational thinkers)
Well, I dare say, your clients don't know the Truth - we are talking about different things - Truth being God - Reality and what knowing is.

With all due respect, therapists, doctors, news editors come at it from how they were trained by the "world". No?

We (or I) am coming from the "world unseen" - the place that created
all that you see including the brain and all it's chemicals; that world.

There are physical laws and there are spiritual laws ----spiritual laws always trump the physical laws...when called upon and believed. ( ie, raising the dead, resurrecting, healing the sick, levitating or the 'unexplained' daily miracles in our lives.)
I have been in so much therapy in the past - I was on anti-depressants- actually more for OCD. Not any more!

The "Truth", I'd rather say God or Holy Spirit, completely healed and changed my brain chemistry. Well, and healed my hip that was headed for replacement.

BUT, I don't ever try to convince or change a worldly person's thinking.
There is this concrete stuff, we hear and see - then
there is the miraculous - I deal with the miraculous.

("Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth." Col 3:2 For an example of old spiritual wisdom and insight.)

There are people here that if they were told by a doctor
they had cancer ---I bet they would believe him and think they did.

There is no way I would buy into that.

So, see you are talking to a irrational person according to the "world's" standards. Spiritually, I'm very rational.

The world and the spirit - will never talk the same language.
Apples and oranges.

But it was nice taking to you, Shepherd -tho we view the world differently - so what, right?
Miss Hepburn

Old 28-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Racer X

A Parrot can learn to repeat Truth but a Parrot does not understand what the words mean.

Many people "Parrot" Divine Truth. It is "hollow" when a Parrot speaks.......funny but hollow.

Some....a few, but growing each day.....Speak Truth because they LIVE TRUTH. Two say the same thing. One is a Parrot and the other is its SELF.

Even Parrots evolve.
Old 28-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Even Parrots evolve.

They do not!

kidding...

Old 28-11-2010, 05:32 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Well, I dare say, your clients don't know the Truth - we are talking about different things - Truth being God - Reality and what knowing is.

With all due respect, therapists, doctors, news editors come at it from how they were trained by the "world". No?

Ah, the philosophy of a God which is debated by all the great minds which also includes us. As no-one knows the truth, then how will they? They can debate, discuss, believe and have faith in many things but that still doesnt alter the fact that their mind and bodies will function naturally.
You come from a place of belief, which is great for you, but it doesnt make it the truth.

I would say any good therapist, doctor will come from a place of experience and not just training. Not sure why you added News Editor with that list?

Quote:
There are physical laws and there are spiritual laws ----spiritual laws always trump the physical laws...when called upon and believed. ( ie, raising the dead, resurrecting, healing the sick, levitating or the 'unexplained' daily miracles in our lives.)
I have been in so much therapy in the past - I was on anti-depressants- actually more for OCD. Not any more!

This is a nice idea which makes spirituality the hero of the day with quotes like that but physical laws and what you call spiritual law may the be the same thing but due to lets just say lack of knowledge, spiritualists often plaigerise what scientists discover and manipulate it to make spirituality seem all the more powerful. Look what it has done with quantum physics which is just bad science. It makes spiritual people seem weak, gullible and misguided when we are marketed and manipulated like that with powerful quotes about the spiritual laws that exist but in reality no-one really knows what they are. They just think they do.

Quote:
There are people here that if they were told by a doctor
they had cancer ---I bet they would believe him and think they did.

There is no way I would buy into that.

Well I really hope you never find out, I must admit you seem to be implying that people who are told they have cancer are weak? Maybe I misunderstand and you can correct me but thats not helpful for anyone who finds out what actually could save their lives. Im all for miracle healing but in reality its way to sporadic and rare to be counted on. And before its said, yes most pray, yes some believe they will be healed and yes they still die. Then of course we just add the excuse to cover up the lack of a miracle by saying it was their destiny or even worse, they were weak and didnt believe enough.

Quote:
But it was nice taking to you, Shepherd -tho we view the world differently - so what, right?

One thing I do agree on is that we do see the world differently and thats ok. Just as long as your happy with people pointing out why they may not believe your beliefs. I am also happy with that and will put my point across but have no need to convince another. If I put the options out there then thats all I can do.
Old 28-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I agree shepherd - we just put out what we believe or have experienced, period.
And never the twain shall meet as they say.
I don't mind in the least.

(Dying is ok - I never would say they didn't believe enough - I can't wait!)

As Abraham-Hicks says, "Happy, happy, happy, happy, dead."

And I won't be needing that hip replacement now, either!

Old 28-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Master
Just have to say I love a Course In Miracles....I need to do their teachings again.....
Spiritlite.