Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-04-2022, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
After reading on apports I would say yes I have experienced such phenomena many times. Though my experiences in Yuwipi and Lawampi and other various Native ceremonies may not fall under the classification of apports or mediumship.
I don't know what either of those words means but what you're talking about may be what I call 'phenomenalism' - the production of physical phenomena without any survival and communication context. If objects aren't produced the way I've indicated elsewhere then it's not apportation (or asportation) the way I understand the production of apports.

Apports appearing without context are simply phenomena - ie produced by 'phenomenalism'.
Old 19-04-2022, 09:57 AM
hazada guess

When I first noticed this thread, I thought the title was *Airport medium ship*.
Old 19-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
When I first noticed this thread, I thought the title was *Airport medium ship*.
flying high!

Or "We are sailing, we are sailing...." (Rod Stewart)

Ya gotta larf!
Old 20-04-2022, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob

EXCERPT

Apports appearing without context are simply phenomena - ie produced by 'phenomenalism'.

Can you elaborate?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-04-2022, 06:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Can you elaborate?
Yes I can.....
Old 20-04-2022, 07:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The expression "with other phenomena they should not distract us from the primary purpose of mediumship' might not hold water.
That statement might not hold water but that hasn't been shown to be the case. However as with most stuff I write about it does hold water and I can support and defend it.
Quote:
The reason I say that is that in some versions of Modern Day Spiritualism that might be true but this subheading is not under Spiritualism.
absolutely correct - Had I intended to refer to a specific religion then I would have done so in the appropriate forum. As a related side issue I've frequently stressed in the past, Modern Spiritualism has no monopoly on mediumship. Mediumship can be the gift of anyone be they adherents to one religion or another or indeed to no religion at all. Apports are not the province solely of adherents to the religion and philosophy of Spiritualism. But they need to be considered in the proper context and not in isolation.

Quote:
And then if we look into some of the other religions, you might be surprised how apports have played major roles in their respective religions.
That might well be right although I have no insight into how surprised anyone might be. For me, however, religions have no particular interest so I personally won't be looking into any of them and won't become surprised how apports have - or have not - played major roles.
Old 21-04-2022, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:

EXCERPT

What should be remembered is that the production of apports doesn't show evidence of life-after-death, one of the most important two attributes of mediumship.
I would be VERY interested to learn how our friends unseen can de-materialise a solid object, move it and then cause it to re-materialise in a different place. That's what happens with an apported object - apports are not objects brought from another dimension.

Apport Mediumship also exists outside of certain versions of Modern Day Spiritualism therefore "the production of apports doesn't show evidence of life-after-death" is not a necessary criteria for apportship.

As for how Apports are 'done', that might be a fascinating 'road to travel down'. Apports existed before Moden Day Spiritualism and might be part of the explanation as to why Modern Day Spiritualism 'caught on' and spread like wild fire only to almost extinquish itself.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-04-2022, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:

EXCERPT

I've heard of mental mediumship, physical mediumship, evidential mediumship, clairvoyant mediumship, healing mediumship and a few others; but not 'apport mediumship'. Thinking about things further I'd really only heard about apports (and occasionally asports) in connection with, and as a side-issue to, physical mediumship.

Following the quirky road 'backwards' in time, an interesting 'person' shows up on the road. His name was Doctor Guillaume Pascal Billot. He might have been the person Blind-fold Billet/Billot may have been named after, which is something Spiritualists seem to enjoy demonstrating as part of their Mediumship. This chap witnessed Apports during a séance on March 5, 1819. This was almost 3 decades before the Fox Sisters and Mother reinvigorated Spiritualism which later became known as Modern Day Spiritualism.

On the other hand, billet also means ticket, note, etc. in French. To get a feel for Blindfold Billets, I have posted a link to a blog that goes into great detail on how it is done. You can read it here: http://spiritcommunion.blogspot.com/...t-reading.html

If you look at other religions/belief systems, Apports show up but are not labeled Apports. They can be recognized as Miracles and in some cases, 'recognized' as a normal occurrence in their particular religion as it is in Hinduism.

Last edited by BigJohn : 22-04-2022 at 12:07 AM.
Old 21-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
I have nothing to add.
Old 22-04-2022, 05:39 AM
Master
A book written in 1929 titled "Psychic Mysteries" basically cataloged seances held at a Castle in Italy during the years 1827 and 1828. In that book, much was written about Apports and the investigations conducted to support the validity of the Apports.

A quote from that book that talks about Apports reads:

"Relative to apports in general, it may be roughly stated (for the benefit of those to whom it is new) that this form of phenomenon, rare as it is, is, and has been, known to exist elsewhere and at different times. Of late, for example, aside from the Schneiders, Klusky, etc.—whose remarkable physical mediumship Baron Schrenk-Notzing and others have so ably attested—Frau Silbert and Herr Melzner have apports, while other instances may be looked into through investigations of the several societies for psychical research of various countries, besides those of the British College, the National Laboratory in London, and the Institut Metapsychique in Paris."