Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2021, 04:17 AM
Master
Back in 1848, the Fox family made history in the realms of Spiritualism.

They were able to communicate with a Spirit of a man who was murdered in the house they were renting while their new house was being built. Other renters were bothered by the rapping sounds but it was the Fox family that 'made sense' of the rappings. Shortly afterwards, they became known as rapping Mediums. Their exploits spread like wild fire, first along the Erie canal, the second largest canal in the World at that time, to New York City and from there.... almost to any place.

Like a wild weed, Mediums sprung forth on both sides of the Atlantic. When people saw how easy it was to talk to Spirit, many got on board.

How many people have had experiences similar to that of the Fox family?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-10-2021, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRising
We're always in contact with Spirit, as Spirit is with us.
As for me (I'm not a medium), I feel their presence and some visit me in my dreams.
One time I heard a man's voice, shouting something in my ear,
but I was so perplexed that I didn't remember what he said..

The Fox Family's mother had a sister who had died. That sister, named Elizabeth, had a dream she was in a new country as she walking alone. She came upon a cemetery and upon one of the prominent headstones was her name. She saw her future husband's last name, which began with an H, and her age at the time of death - 27 years old. She saw all of this 8 years before her marriage and death. Back then, people claimed she had second sight which we call today as being clairvoyant.

How many of us have had similar experiences?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-10-2021, 04:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Mediumship is communication of whatever kind with spirit individuals or entities for the benefit of others.
Was this true of the Fox Mother and Sisters when they were rapping Mediums?

Old 20-10-2021, 07:23 AM
Deactivated Account
The title of this thread asks is it that easy to become a medium, something I answered early on. An obvious follow-on question is to ask "How easy is 'easy'?"

Someone who is a natural medium might reply that for her it was always easy to communicate with spirits and she found no problems helping others by using her mediumship.

Another individual may have been aware of spirits around her, may even have been able to hear and/or see them, but then she did not know how best to use the contact she was getting. Such individuals can benefit from the help and support of an experienced medium running a development group. There she will learn many things she might never have figured for herself.

In such development situations progress can be greatly enhanced the intention/hope being to help that individual become a competent medium who has the confidence and ability to help others.

Without support the would-be medium might not achieve her full potential.
Old 20-10-2021, 07:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
I would say that if you have the natural talent, it's easy. If you don't, not so easy. I certainly don't have the natural talent, but I've been visited by pets and my brother who have passed and I was able to sense their presence but I don't have spirits coming to me asking for help.
Mediumship isn't having spirits coming asking for help. What you have described in yourself is psychic sensitivity/awareness.
Old 20-10-2021, 07:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I hear what you are saying bobjob.
Miss Hepburn I am greatly heartened to get your thumbs up that you are hearing me. Based on comments in this thread many are NOT hearing it.
Or perhaps they prefer not to hear what doesn't suit them.... None so blind/deaf as those who choose to be, eh?
Old 20-10-2021, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
....Without support the would-be medium might not achieve her full potential.
Back in 1848, there were no Spiritualist Churches to provide support nor where there any Circles as we can relate to as of today. When the Fox Mother and sisters became raping Mediums, the sisters were separated. Why? Some suspected the sisters were making the rappings. One sister was sent to Rochester, NY to live with her older sister. Oder sister? Yes, the Fox family consisted of 2 'liters'. The first liter of about 4-5 children, a 'family' we hear very little about and then after a lengthy pause of about 20 years, a second 'liter'. It appears the Father was an alcoholic and the family separated but later rejoined.

Some might say having 'such' a family or similar types of families 'helps' in the development of Mediums. Hopefully, others will share their experiences so to see if such 'clear' patterns do emerge.

As for the rappings, they followed the sisters.

Old 20-10-2021, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:

EXCERPT

The title of this thread asks is it that easy to become a medium, something I answered early on. An obvious follow-on question is to ask "How easy is 'easy'?"

If we study the development of Modern Day Spiritualism, we can see how 'natural/easy' it was. This might empower others to see the 'signs' and to act on it.

With a little bit of encouragement, which helps to build up their confidence, they too might be able to do things they thought were impossible.

Old 20-10-2021, 05:54 PM
Deactivated Account
This thread began by asking a question - is it that easy becoming a medium? I fully answered that question earlier.

I'd rather thought, though, the question meant now rather than in historical times but if would-be practitioners feel drawn by history then of course they should follow that calling.

I think it's fair, though, to point out that mediums were around long before Spiritualism emerged and Modern Spiritualism has no monopoly on mediums or on mediumship.

Natural mediums, for example, may not have had any involvement with Spiritualism yet have been 'servants of the spirit' much of their lives. It's not a prerequisite to be a Spiritualist in order to be a medium - period.

There's no need for a medium even to know about Spiritualism BUT there may be great advantage in being guided and supported by an experienced Spiritualist 'teaching' medium in a development situation.

Blessings on all those who seek to serve the spirit.
Old 20-10-2021, 07:00 PM
Master
Delving into history can bring up interesting things about how certain things came about.

As I have mentioned before, rapping Mediums is what the Fox Mother and sisters became when they began communicating with a Spirit in their home which nobody else had thought of communicating with. They dismissed the sounds as that from what we would call a poltergist. They were able to find out the name of the Spirit, where he was killed in the house, etc.

At that time, becoming a rapping Medium was a NEW, 'big' thing but many, if not most, and possibly all did not realize that there were rapping Mediums before the Fox Mother and Sister.

So today, when I look at posts here on SpiritualForums, it looks like a plethoria of people are on the verge of becoming Mediums....... Maybe, all they have to do is look at things differently like the Fox Mother and sisters did and then act accordingly.

Closed Thread