Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 21-01-2013, 12:20 AM
roshihogan

Post Taoism, Naturally

Live naturally by just living naturally within the Dao. There is nothing special you have to do. There are no dues to be paid, no promises to keep. Your alters and beads are nice but they are no more important than the grass under your feet. Do not use artificial means of trying to live naturally. It is not that hard. Appreciate the wonder of nature, the wonder of the Dao, and the wonder of you. Anything else is superfluous.

Roshi Hogan

roshihogan.blogspot.com
Old 21-01-2013, 12:55 AM
amy green

Living life naturally - according to the Dao - entails living life harmoniously, i.e. to go with the flow. Are you saying that this is easily achieved? I would suggest that it entails rigorous, constant application for such an aspiration to "take" and eventually become natural. If you think about what daily presents itself that we may say "no" to or resist....then it can be seen just what is required to follow the Dao.
Old 21-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Master
Nicely said roshihogan, yes it is simple, its simply who we are, never believe anyone who says its hard, for this is just what the ego wants.
Old 21-01-2013, 01:31 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Nicely said roshihogan, yes it is simple, its simply who we are, never believe anyone who says its hard, for this is just what the ego wants.
The Dao is not just about being who we are but how we live.
I am in harmony with who I am but I can't claim to always "go with the flow" of life.

Can you always refrain from being resistant, i.e. to accept whatever life presents to you even if you dislike what it entails?

Honestly?
Old 12-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Black Sun

I agree. Just do what comes naturally. Everything would flow so much more smoothly, vibrate more harmoniously, if more people just did what comes naturally. The world is in the state that it's in, imho, because so many are -not- doing what comes naturally, telling themselves "I shouldn't" or "I can't" or "What will people think?" So in this case, what comes naturally for me, my version of "going with the flow", is going against -that- flow. Moving through the dramatic tension to reach the resolution at the end (except it's not really an end, because there are no endings, every ending is a new beginning, there's just... plot points, plot points in the neverending story).
Old 12-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
The Dao is not just about being who we are but how we live.
I am in harmony with who I am but I can't claim to always "go with the flow" of life.

Can you always refrain from being resistant, i.e. to accept whatever life presents to you even if you dislike what it entails?

Honestly?
The Tao is all that is, its everything, its up to you what you pick from it.
Old 22-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Naturally does not come easily to Westerners, if it ever comes at all.
One most likely needs to undertake a long pilgrimage to understanding of what 'naturally' even means, in order to live it.
Still, it is possible.
Old 19-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Exactly. Follow Nature (Tao) and go with the way it is. Nothing to learn, nothing to do.
Old 28-04-2019, 10:31 PM
Suspended

I was on my patio today with my cat, and we were both sitting there watching this lizard run quickly back and forth across the cement. Then my other cat came outside and chased the lizard. I thought, one cat seemed to be one with the Dao and the other wasn't. But then I thought, maybe both are one with the Dao. One had a sitting, observing nature, and one had a chasing instinctual hunting nature. Both were one with their nature in those moments.

We act according to our nature. But then humans, have two natures. Our natural empty one, and the one created by identifying with our conceptual projections. So in a sense we choose our nature, and through this, choose our experience.

Zuowang is a dropping of conceptions. When we drop conceptions, what we have is the natural emergence of the natural self, the natural celestial mind, which has been with us all the time. It is only because of our con-ceptions that we can’t experience it.

Eva Wong, practitioner of Complete Perfection (Quanzhen 全真) Daoism,
Old 05-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshihogan
Live naturally by just living naturally within the Dao. There is nothing special you have to do. There are no dues to be paid, no promises to keep. Your alters and beads are nice but they are no more important than the grass under your feet. Do not use artificial means of trying to live naturally. It is not that hard. Appreciate the wonder of nature, the wonder of the Dao, and the wonder of you. Anything else is superfluous.

Roshi Hogan

roshihogan.blogspot.com

So wu wei is not something we have to be conscious of in every moment to work towards, achieve and maintain in every moment. We already are realized. Or on second thought is this your human ego saying these things and it is not for me to judge, only you know or can seek to know which is your truth. Thanks. Brian